*** The Official Buffalo Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

wow..

Pre-Dec Interview invitations from Harvard, Columbia, Upenn, and Maryland

Continuing Review from Buffalo...

Members don't see this ad.

I havent heard back from buffalo yet Im a bit concerned... How long do they usually take??
My DATs are all around 20 and my GPA is around a 3.85. Im OOS. I submitted AADSAS early sept so I didnt get mailed out til early Oct, but its said "received/under review" since september...

Members don't see this ad :)
I havent heard back from buffalo yet Im a bit concerned... How long do they usually take??
My DATs are all around 20 and my GPA is around a 3.85. Im OOS. I submitted AADSAS early sept so I didnt get mailed out til early Oct, but its said "received/under review" since september...

It took them about 2 months to send me an invitation (I'm also OOS).

I was complete 9/4 and got an invite today.

When you say complete to do you mean complete/under review status, submitted to aadsas, or mailed out??
Thanks for the info !!

Reactions: 1 user
In my post, by "Application Complete", I meant when UB deemed my application was complete (one of my LOR's held mine up).

Continuing Review as well... (silent no, or actually continuing review?)

Does anyone know how many in-state interviewees are offered a seat?

Going off of last year's numbers:

In-state applicants: 450
In-state interviewed: 152
In-state enrolled: 69

So 1/3 of in-state applicants received an interview and ~1/2 of those interviewed enrolled. Obviously they have to hand out more offers than seats because some end up declining. Would you guys say that they eventually sent out like 100 offers? More? Less?

Hey, did all those that have gone on an interview receive an email earlier tonight about their DDS / MBA Dual Degree Program? Thanks!

Hey, did all those that have gone on an interview receive an email earlier tonight about their DDS / MBA Dual Degree Program? Thanks!

maybe, why?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how many in-state interviewees are offered a seat?

Going off of last year's numbers:

In-state applicants: 450
In-state interviewed: 152
In-state enrolled: 69

So 1/3 of in-state applicants received an interview and ~1/2 of those interviewed enrolled. Obviously they have to hand out more offers than seats because some end up declining. Would you guys say that they eventually sent out like 100 offers? More? Less?

IIRC, they accepted ~98 out of those 158 interviewed.

Just got it!!! I received the same email like few days after interviewed and now checked my email and received it again... I think is just a remainder that we should still keep buffalo in mind lol

It means waitlisted, I think. Call Barbara in a few days and see if they've ranked the waitlist yet. It seems that in past years those who are in the "upper-third" have a good shot at getting in.
Hi free99, the email stated alternates are not selected before the end of April and can be contacted as late as the first week of August. I think it's not even a waitlist. sigh

accepted as well! This is my top choice

Is there any facebook page for the class of 2018 to join?:)

very happy about scoring this one. drs. brown and lynch and the student body made me feel very welcome on my interview day.

Congrats to all. Coming here over other schools has thus far proved to be a very good decision on my part. I would highly recommend coming to school here. It's hard as hell, but it's a good environment.

Is there any facebook page for the class of 2018 to join?:)

Seems a bit early for one, don't ya think? Regardless, congrats on the acceptance, future classmate!

Seems a bit early for one, don't ya think? Regardless, congrats on the acceptance, future classmate!
yeahhh..you are right..I think I am just being too excited!:D.

Accepted yesterday- looking forward to meeting you all come August!

I did my undergrad and I am currently doing my Master's at UB. So if you have any questions regarding the area just send me a message.

Can anyone tell me why buffalo is a better choice than Case? I got into both schools yesterday and am having a tough time choosing. I love both, but the only thing differentiating them is the really cheap tuition at Buffalo since I'm a NYS resident.

Can anyone tell me why buffalo is a better choice than Case? I got into both schools yesterday and am having a tough time choosing. I love both, but the only thing differentiating them is the really cheap tuition at Buffalo since I'm a NYS resident.

This is a no brainer. Do not pass up in-state tuition. Even if Case had the nicest facilities ever, a huge patient population, and everything else that's desirable, you take the cheaper tuition. No private school is worth going to over your own state school, which is a fantastic school on its own, and far less expensive.

Received an invitation email for interview today for Jan 16th. My application was completed in late Oct. 21TS/21AA/23Pat GPA(3.89 for science, 3.77 overall. I'm a business major) Really looking forward to my interview, I did my undergrad at UB and I really enjoyed my time here.

As far as snow goes, I was told that Buffalo gets hit with a lot of snow before I came here. Because of the blizzard in 1997, everyone seems to label Buffalo as a snow city, which is not true at all. In the 4 years that I've lived in Buffalo (2009-present), I could single-handedly count the number of times that I have to shovel my driveway in the morning before I go to school.

I could single-handedly count the number of times that I have to shovel my driveway in the morning before I go to school.

Man, you must be a really good counter! Joking aside, congrats on your interview!

Received an invitation email for interview today for Jan 16th. My application was completed in late Oct. 21TS/21AA/23Pat GPA(3.89 for science, 3.77 overall. I'm a business major) Really looking forward to my interview, I did my undergrad at UB and I really enjoyed my time here.

As far as snow goes, I was told that Buffalo gets hit with a lot of snow before I came here. Because of the blizzard in 1997, everyone seems to label Buffalo as a snow city, which is not true at all. In the 4 years that I've lived in Buffalo (2009-present), I could single-handedly count the number of times that I have to shovel my driveway in the morning before I go to school.
Congratulations on your interview, good luck!!
During my interview I asked, so are classes ever cancelled for snow day? lol.. they said NEVER, they keep streets clean.. Here in the city, there is a little bit of snow, everything is cancelled...lol
If i am given a chance to attend there i wouldn't mind shoveling everyday if i have too...

Congratulations on your interview, good luck!!
During my interview I asked, so are classes ever cancelled for snow day? lol.. they said NEVER, they keep streets clean.. Here in the city, there is a little bit of snow, everything is cancelled...lol
If i am given a chance to attend there i wouldn't mind shoveling everyday if i have too...
thank you! hopefully everything will go well during my interview ;)

Stoked on the acceptance to UB. See you all in the fall!

There is now a facebook page for the class of 2018 accepted candidates.

Why are half of the members current DDS students?
Yeah, you are right, it seems this FB page was created but a current student... It is nice to be able to communicate with current dental students but every cycle should have their own Adminstrator, don't you think? Well, just my opinion... I am not even accepted there lol

Not only that, I think a few of them are c/o 2016/17. Please don't get me wrong, I am definitely not complaining, just wondering why :). PhD/DDS students maybe?

At least two of those are D3's that I know personally- so that's bizarre. Maybe they're just reaching out to us? Guess I'll ask and report back haha :laugh:

Not only that, I think a few of them are c/o 2016/17. Please don't get me wrong, I am definitely not complaining, just wondering why :). PhD/DDS students maybe?

After sufficient creeping, it looks like almost everybody in the group is currently a dental student there, with just a few who go there for undergrad (and are probably going for dental as well). Not to mention that they're still adding more '17 students... Let's just all join the class of 2017 page!

There are current dental students in the group because they want to be able to help and answer any questions the incoming students may have. I made the facebook group for the class of 2017 last year, and at the start, it was mostly the upper years like it is now. Eventually more students joined, and it was really useful to get advice and thoughts about the whole process in one group. The "tradition" is that once the school year begins, anyone who's not in that current class is asked to leave the group. After a while, the admin can just remove those that's not in the class. I suggest whoever's in the class of 2018, just ask Sharon to make you admin.

There are current dental students in the group because they want to be able to help and answer any questions the incoming students may have. I made the facebook group for the class of 2017 last year, and at the start, it was mostly the upper years like it is now. Eventually more students joined, and it was really useful to get advice and thoughts about the whole process in one group. The "tradition" is that once the school year begins, anyone who's not in that current class is asked to leave the group. After a while, the admin can just remove those that's not in the class. I suggest whoever's in the class of 2018, just ask Sharon to make you admin.

Awesome. It's little touches like this that increasingly make me think that I've made the right decision for myself -- even though I've pretty much been dead set on UB for a while now.

Also, on a side-note, this may help some mac users out there do their Certiphi background checks:

So I was doing my ApplicationStation thing the other day and got to Step 2, "Release or Dispute Report", and thought that that was I was done.

I logged back in the other day to make sure that it went through OK and noticed the "Distribute Your Report" at the very bottom of the page. But there was no yellow button underneath like the other sections. I tried zooming in and out of the page in case it was a scaling issue. Nope, nothing.

So I logged back in using Chrome instead of Safari and boom: button. It should have hit me that something was missing when it didn't ask me who/where to release my info to, but I (incorrectly) assumed that it was automatically specific to UB or something.

In any case, apparently the report gets auto-released after 10 days with no action on your part, but I delivered it manually -- just in case. I sent it to Barbara's email...dunno if I was supposed to do that, but I'm guess she'll know who to send it to? Hopefully this'll help someone.