*** The Official Buffalo Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

The orientation email will be from Dr. Flash. How awesome is that name.
Haha I noticed that, definitely a super hero doc.

Has anyone gotten the one-time password to set up their ubit account? And did everyone else get the email from the associate Dean of research about research opportunities? It's starting to feel real, now!

Members don't see this ad.

Got the email regarding the research and that combined with everything is definitely making the acceptance feel real. I have not got the password email yet and will probably work on that and other things regarding ub tomorrow. The anticipation is definitely great for something just awsome.

I sincerely hope she owns a Flash T-shirt. For her sake.

Does everyone get that email regarding research? I though I was special :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
If she doesn't have one I don't think I would mind donating to the cause.

Regarding the email, no idea.

Anybody accepted recently? please let us know.

It looks like there are a lot of people adding to the facebook group

Same here.

People joined facebook page, but can be current students

It is awfully quiet this year. According to previous year's threads, there should be some people who gets off the waitlist

I was told by people from admissions that as of right now the class is essentially full. However, if people withdraw and decide to go somewhere else, more acceptances will be issued. Some level of this happens at every school each year. There's no way to know how many people will decide to go somewhere other than Buffalo though. Isn't there a date that students can no longer hold multiple acceptances and have to decide? I forget when that is. Perhaps around then there will be movement off the list.

I believe dental schools start reporting the accepted students to ADEA. Then Adea will identify who made multiple acceptance, and they give 15 days to students to choose a school.

Since the class is essentially full, then its either students start giving up their seats before april, or after they choose their final destination.

LOL this waiting game is difficult

I emailed AADSAS and here's their reply:

Starting April 1, dental schools report to ADEA AADSAS the names and
identification numbers of candidates who have paid a deposit, hold a position
in a dental school entering class, or both. After April 5, ADEA AADSAS reports
to each institution the names of candidates for its entering class who hold
acceptance(s) at additional institutions. A dental school may rescind an offer
of admission to a candidate who has paid deposits to or holds positions at
multiple institutions. If the dental school chooses to withdraw this candidate
from the entering class, the dental school must give the candidate a minimum
15-day notice.

Thank you,
ADEA AADSAS Staff

I emailed Barbara, but she told me that there were some movements, and she can't predict anything at this point.

Any recent updates from anyone on the list? I know I am still in the upper-third!!!! Hopefully will hear soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
No Noise Recently? Whats the deal with that. should be at least some movement by now!

No Noise Recently? Whats the deal with that. should be at least some movement by now!
Just got off the waitlist this morning!! Keep showing them your interest and don't lose hope!

my guess is rayzvic was top tier...... haven't hear of any movement lately! last year someone got a call July 25th! can only hope and wait!

All the Out-of-States got IN-STATE! It was very easy and nothing to be worried about it! 2-3 sets of bills for 12 months, NY bank account, Current Lease + 2nd year lease with notary, titles, insurance, passport, tax reports and that's it! Good Luck folks!

All the Out-of-States got IN-STATE! It was very easy and nothing to be worried about it! 2-3 sets of bills for 12 months, NY bank account, Current Lease + 2nd year lease with notary, titles, insurance, passport, tax reports and that's it! Good Luck folks!
I assume "titles" for car? insurance for car? what tax reports? I will be just leasing an apartment, and will have my car as the only possession. Would appreciate a bit more details. Thanks!