****The Official Case Western Reserve Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

when did you guys interview?
congrats guys! i guess i didnt make it.. ://

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
are there more acceptances coming this week?
HOPE is like waiting to open your christmas presents LOL

Interviews continue until early May, after which we will have one final committee meeting for the cycle for file review. We will see at that time whether we will be issuing offers or begin sending invitations to our alternate list.

on facebook there are 55 students in the group already… not many seats left i assume. Haaaa i want this school too much lol.

got the email for continuing review…did anyone else get it also?

No i havent received anything yet. Do you guys know if the committee picks people from the under review first and then the wait list, or the other way around?

Hey guys! I have an interivew coming up in May. If any of you decide not to attend your interview this month, can you let me know so I can schedule an earlier one? Thanks! :)

Does anybody know where the new student form is??

See you guys in July!

this is what Dr. Chuck said on page 1 about the student forms:

"The New Student Information Form is being mailed to you and needs to be returned with your deposit. (We need your SSN, so we can't take the risk of transmitting it over email.) Maybe in the future we'll have a PDF form that I can make it possible to email attach it to you, but we need it printed, signed (?), and returned to us."

congrats btw.. hopefully ill be joining you guys

Interviews continue until early May, after which we will have one final committee meeting for the cycle for file review. We will see at that time whether we will be issuing offers or begin sending invitations to our alternate list.
I was wondering, since I am still under review, after May when Case sends out the last offer and if I don't receive an offer, do I get an invitation for the waitlist or is a rejection letter still possible? The way I read it, if after May and the class is not filled, everyone who is still under review will at least get an offer; and if the class is still not filled, they go to the waitlist.

Can anyone clarify what it means to be under review at this moment.

im wondering that as well.. i wonder if they will pick the under review people first and then start picking from the wait list.. its not clear.

Members don't see this ad :)
Looking forward to meeting everyone! Anyone thinking of getting a roomie? I'm from Toronto and initially thought of living on my own...but now I'm thinking a roomate will help me adjust to life in Cleveland!

For those that were accepted in Early April (I got my email April 2nd), have you gotten your "New Student Information request" forms yet so you can submit your deposit?

I haven't gotten mine so I was wondering. I think I'll give them a call.

Looking forward to meeting everyone! Anyone thinking of getting a roomie? I'm from Toronto and initially thought of living on my own...but now I'm thinking a roomate will help me adjust to life in Cleveland!

You should join the Case dental class of 2016 facebook group and come meet the future classmates. There's a lot of activity with ppl asking similar questions like yours. I used to live in Toronto also so adjusting to Cleveland shouldn't be too much of a barrier.

Last edited:
I can't find the group online! I found class of 2015 but not 2016...any pointers?

You should join the Case dental class of 2016 facebook group and come meet the future classmates. There's a lot of activity with ppl asking similar questions like yours. I used to live in Toronto also so adjusting to Cleveland shouldn't be too much of a barrier.
I found class of 2015...but not 2016. Do you know the name of the group?

For those that were accepted in Early April (I got my email April 2nd), have you gotten your "New Student Information request" forms yet so you can submit your deposit?

I haven't gotten mine so I was wondering. I think I'll give them a call.
AD913, I just received my acceptance packet in the mail today which includes the New Student Information Request form. Maybe your packet is arriving soon, too.

Got mine today too! Excited! Congrats to you too!

AD913, I just received my acceptance packet in the mail today which includes the New Student Information Request form. Maybe your packet is arriving soon, too.

Not all of the members are from class of 2016; I've spotted quite a few administrative folks along and upperclassmen. Plus, if you look at the previous year's acceptance thread, you still have a shot getting accepted sometime in mid-late April. Even if you get waitlisted, there will be quite a few opportunities; of course, this varies from year to year.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=779061&page=4

Not all of the members are from class of 2016; I've spotted quite a few administrative folks along and upperclassmen. Plus, if you look at the previous year's acceptance thread, you still have a shot getting accepted sometime in mid-late April. Even if you get waitlisted, there will be quite a few opportunities; of course, this varies from year to year.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=779061&page=4

Thanks Don! I sure do hope the trend will be the same as last year. Although the waiting game is so stressful! This gives me some hope since I'm still under review. Hopefully a lot of movements will happen after May 3rd. Fingers crossing.:xf:

Our final round of offers should be expected around Friday next week (May 11). At that time we will also be inviting those under continued review of your interest to be part of the alternate list.

Just got my wait list e-mail... Not sure what else they are sending today, but take a look at your e-mail, good luck

Is it safe to say that being accepted to the Alternate list is the same as being on a waitlist? Anyone know how much this list moves?

Is it safe to say that being accepted to the Alternate list is the same as being on a waitlist? Anyone know how much this list moves?

Looks like 8 based on last year's thread

But like anything we learn from SDN (not the adcom itself) take it with a grain of salt....

Offers of admission and participation for the alternate/wait list were sent out Thursday evening to Friday morning, and mailed packets for those offered admission will likely go out today or Monday. The deadline for non-refundable deposits for those offered seats in the entering class is Tuesday, May 29. In addition, the deposit deadline for participation in our alternate list is also Tuesday, May 29; the deposit becomes non-refundable if the candidate on the alternate list accepts an offer of admission that becomes available.

It is too difficult to predict how many people from our alternate list will be taken into the incoming class since it depends on decisions by current commitments and others who are on our continued review and hold lists who wish to participate.

If you are offered a spot in the class, it may be good to contact our office of admissions at dentadmit @ case . edu or call our secretaries so that we can expect your check. It also can help give us a better idea of the movement of the alternate list.

If you are offered an opportunity to be placed on the alternate list, reply to Brian so that we get an idea of how many of you will also be sending in your check and give us a better idea of the size of the alternate list. You are strongly encouraged to include a cover letter with updated contact information (mail, email, and phone) in case we need to contact you. Do not lose the opportunity to get a spot in the class because of this oversight.

All deposits should be in the amount of $1,000 US in the form of certified checks payable to Case Western Reserve University or CWRU School of Dental Medicine. Please make sure to deliver the check to the Office of Admissions, Case School of Dental Medicine, and we encourage you to use delivery confirmation in case you are worried about checks not being received to us.

The earliest we would likely give you a sense of where alternates are grouped would be on June 1 so email the Office of Admissions at that time. We also suggest that if you are an alternate that you can wait to submit a new AADSAS until late June/July 4, but let us know when you submit your application.

What does this mean? I'm under continuing review and never received an interview.

Your file may be listed on AADSAS as being "under review" but "continued review" is only for those who were interviewed and would be the basis for our alternate list. You should have gotten an email after you interviewed noting your status. If you never received an interview, then for all intents and purposes now, your file was rejected.

Last edited:
I received an alternate list offer last Thursday and my AADSAS status is now "Wait Listed". Is that the same as continued review?

I received an alternate list offer last Thursday and my AADSAS status is now "Wait Listed". Is that the same as continued review?

"Continued review" only applies if we have seats available while interviews are proceeding, but getting "wait listed" should mean that we are inviting you to be on the alternate list pending receipt of your deposit. I'll have to verify with my staff.

how many people do you anticipate to be moved from "wait listed" to accepted?

Offers of admission and participation for the alternate/wait list were sent out Thursday evening to Friday morning, and mailed packets for those offered admission will likely go out today or Monday. The deadline for non-refundable deposits for those offered seats in the entering class is Tuesday, May 29. In addition, the deposit deadline for participation in our alternate list is also Tuesday, May 29; the deposit becomes non-refundable if the candidate on the alternate list accepts an offer of admission that becomes available.

It is too difficult to predict how many people from our alternate list will be taken into the incoming class since it depends on decisions by current commitments and others who are on our continued review and hold lists who wish to participate.

If you are offered a spot in the class, it may be good to contact our office of admissions at dentadmit @ case . edu or call our secretaries so that we can expect your check. It also can help give us a better idea of the movement of the alternate list.

If you are offered an opportunity to be placed on the alternate list, reply to Brian so that we get an idea of how many of you will also be sending in your check and give us a better idea of the size of the alternate list. You are strongly encouraged to include a cover letter with updated contact information (mail, email, and phone) in case we need to contact you. Do not lose the opportunity to get a spot in the class because of this oversight.

All deposits should be in the amount of $1,000 US in the form of certified checks payable to Case Western Reserve University or CWRU School of Dental Medicine. Please make sure to deliver the check to the Office of Admissions, Case School of Dental Medicine, and we encourage you to use delivery confirmation in case you are worried about checks not being received to us.

The earliest we would likely give you a sense of where alternates are grouped would be on June 1 so email the Office of Admissions at that time. We also suggest that if you are an alternate that you can wait to submit a new AADSAS until late June/July 4, but let us know when you submit your application.

I don't think it would be a certified check because the e-mail stated that the check would be shredded or returned if we are not given a spot in the class. I sent a regular check.

The Admissions Committee will be meeting soon to go over the alternate list and providing final input on prioritizing the list. We hope to give an indication of where one is on the waitlist soon.

I was informed that there are 46 people on the alternate list. I wonder how many people can get off the list and do people in the mid or lower third have the chance of getting in?

Reminder: our open webchat hour "Countdown to AADSAS 2013" is tomorrow at 5pm ET. Webcamera participation is desired, and this is free to all.

As background or to prepare your application, view last year's presentation before coming to the webchat (Windows browsers with Adobe Flash only).

Last edited:
Is this webchat tomorrow as in Saturday 5pm or Friday 5pm? I just signed on at 5:04pm ET and the adobe webchat says the meeting is not available. It shouldn't end this soon right?

I was informed that there are 46 people on the alternate list. I wonder how many people can get off the list and do people in the mid or lower third have the chance of getting in?

When I called again yesterday there were still 45 people on the list... it doesn't seem to be moving much. Yikes.

yeah, being at the bottom 3rd, I doubt the list will get that far. too many people.

Dear class of 2012,

I am applying to CASE for the class of FALL 2013, as your junior.

Please tell me what you like about CASE, the city and the environment, the faculty-student relationships, costs, and if you like the Cleveland.

Please also list what you like best about CASE dental and what you think needs improvement?

Thank you so much! :)

Dear class of 2012,

I am applying to CASE for the class of FALL 2013, as your junior.

Please tell me what you like about CASE, the city and the environment, the faculty-student relationships, costs, and if you like the Cleveland.

Please also list what you like best about CASE dental and what you think needs improvement?

Thank you so much! :)

You will get a chance to ask these questions in the ADEA Dental School Virtual Fair, which hopefully you have already registered for. A lot of your basic questions are already covered in the ADEA Guide to Dental Schools, and you can get a sense of our environment from the videos that will be posted there.