***The Official COLORADO Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Just received an invite to interview on the 26th of January. Beyond excited. Hope to see you guys there!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
The second round of acceptances usually goes out late January and February, right? Does anyone know how many they tend to accept at that point? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad :)
The second round of acceptances usually goes out late January and February, right? Does anyone know how many they tend to accept at that point? Any information would be greatly appreciated!
I was told by the admissions coordinator that it would be the middle of February.

The Facebook group is now just students who have been accepted for the class of 2019. At least to say there are no current dental school students in the group. For anyone that has questions they are hoping current students will answer, I can forward posts on to them or you can e-mail them to me and I will forward those on. Hope this ends up being a little less confusing.

[email protected]

Hey, just so you know, it probably isn't a very good idea to remove everyone from the group that isn't in the class of 2019. Sure, it is fun to get to know everybody in your class, but the real value of the Facebook group is the ability to ask questions to the upperclassmen. Some people are still deciding if they even want to go to CU and others have questions about matriculation-- both of which would benefit greatly from having upperclassmen in the group.

...just a thought...

Reactions: 1 user
Is 1/26 the last day they conduct interviews? I know it's a huge long shot with my stats and being OOS but it's still nice to know for sure one way or the other.

Is 1/26 the last day they conduct interviews? I know it's a huge long shot with my stats and being OOS but it's still nice to know for sure one way or the other.

I would think maybe one more round. From what I have heard they try to fill the class by April. Just a guess tho! Looks like you have a few options already. Congrats and Good luck.

Last edited:
I would think maybe one more round. From what I have heard they try to fill the class by April. Just a guess tho! Looks like you have a few options already. Congrats and Good luck.
I thought that they were conducting interviews through March.

I thought that they were conducting interviews through March.
Did someone at the school say that? Looking at past threads, it looks like they're generally done giving out interviews at this point.

They are interviewing till end of march

I heard that last year they definitely interviewed into March and many people were not invited to interview until well into February. And honestly, some of my classmates even got accepted only days before our first day of school (like literally, some got in 2 days before our first day of orientation), so you still have a chance at this point!

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard that last year they definitely interviewed into March and many people were not invited to interview until well into February. And honestly, some of my classmates even got accepted only days before our first day of school (like literally, some got in 2 days before our first day of orientation), so you still have a chance at this point!
Thanks for your information :)

How was the interview?

It was a pretty laid back interview. They have you interview with two different Dr.'s. Both interviewers I had were really nice and I got a good vibe from them. For anyone else that was there, I was the guy with the beard and glasses. Barbara said that the adcom will meet mid February for the second round of acceptances, and will continue to meet every month till April. Hopefully we all get in! The school is definitely my favorite so far.

Sweet, glad it went well. No doubt hope all of us get in. How many interviews were there in your group? My group had seven which I thought was small. It's going to be a killer couple weeks just hoping for a call from Barbara.

Sweet, glad it went well. No doubt hope all of us get in. How many interviews were there in your group? My group had seven which I thought was small. It's going to be a killer couple weeks just hoping for a call from Barbara.

There was a total of 12 people. I hear yah, I'm biting my nails till the day creeps up!

Received an interview invite for Feb 6th ...so excited :)

Reactions: 2 users
For those who had interview was there any essay you had to write?

So since they are having a round of interviews today, I'd assume that they will meet next Friday and then send out the next round of acceptances the following week? I'm just guessing/assuming that will be the case. Does anyone know for sure?

Exactly what I was thinking during the acceptance induced insomnia last night .

They told us monday which was today

And mid-feb they will release names

It was great! Conversational and relaxed :))

Nice! Hopefully good news for all us on here. Good luck to you!

Hey guys,
This is my first time here, so I apologize if this question has been answered somewhere else and I just haven't found it yet.
I have not heard anything from Colorado, and my AADSAS has said "received/under review" since October. Does this mean I was rejected?
Thanks for the help!

EDIT: In fact, I've never received an email or anything from them since I submitted my AADSAS application. Have I done something wrong, like missed a step?

Last edited:
That means they received your application and its still in reviewing process...if you get an interview your status will change to " invited to interview " but you have not being rejected...if you have not receieved any email from school regarding receiving your application you might want to call Barbara Swedensky at admission office.hope this helps. Good luck :)

That means they received your application and its still in reviewing process...if you get an interview your status will change to " invited to interview " but you have not being rejected...if you have not receieved any email from school regarding receiving your application you might want to call Barbara Swedensky at admission office.hope this helps. Good luck :)
Thanks! I will do that tomorrow

How was the interview? Any news on acceptances?
My first interview went extremely well. The second was a little more difficult to tell. It went fine but the interviewer was just hard to read. I couldn't tell if he liked me or not, which was a little discouraging.
Still no word. I'm sure that you can see above, but the next round of acceptances will be announced mid February (Soon!). Just crossing my fingers!

My fingers are crossed and crossed again! I guess with the meeting yesterday the decisions have been made and all we can do is hope for the best. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Barbara just called me....I'm in!!! So excited :))

Reactions: 3 users