The Official Iowa Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread

aznboi89x

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
September 3, 2012

Dear Mr. XXX:

We have carefully reviewed your application materials from the American Dental Education Association, and our Admissions Committee has chosen to defer your application at this time and not offer an interview. We are unable to offer everyone who applies to our program an opportunity to interview. You will not receive supplemental application materials from us at the present time. Your application has not been cancelled or denied, and should active consideration of your file resume, you will be contacted.

Thank you for your interest in The University of Iowa. Please contact me with any questions or concerns with which I may be of assistance.

Sincerely,

B. Elaine Brown
Director of Dental Student Admissions
The University of Iowa College of Dentistry

has anyone got an offer for interview after being deferred?

Members don't see this ad.

Interview for Sept. 24th..
My state school though.

Members don't see this ad :)
September 24th as well. probably my number 1 choice right now.

I'm from MN and I have an interview on October 15th

Does anyone know if in past years, people who get deferred later get an interview?

Interview on October 15th as well.

Hi, guys I got my interview on October 22 to this university. Im really nervous but excited. I'm from Lithonia, Ga but hey im going to Iowa if they accept me lol I hope you guys report back to let us know how your interview gos. Good Luck on your interviews guys ;=)

Interview went really well. Even less intense than Minnesotas interview

Members don't see this ad :)
Just straightforward questions. You don't have to think too deeply about and you can just be yourself.

Just finished my interview. I loved the school the interview questions were kind of tough but the interviewers were very nice. Good Luck to all of you Iowa Hawkeye hopefuls out there!! ;=)

Those who have interviewed, can you pls provide specific interview questions? Were there a lot of situational questions? or conflict/management questions?

thank you

Sorry I dnt really remember all of the questions. I think it was like 15 and they read the questions directly off of a piece of paper and they have a timer to ensure you dnt go over. The interview lasts exactly 20 minutes. I can say that there was a lot of ethical based questions. The generic questions were like why Iowa? Why do u want to be a dentist? Who's your biggest inspiration and why? There is also a segment at the end where they ask you is there anything else that you would like them to know about you. That's all I can really remember I hope this helps you a little. There were 28 people in my interview and 24 were from oos. Good Luck!

Gah I love Iowa <3 #1 Choice, I hope I get in even though I'm OOS

Just received an invite for the last interview date, Dec 3rd!! :soexcited: Super excited!! Can anyone talk about their experience interviewing? Its such short notice I feel like I have no time to prepare!

Just received an invite for the last interview date, Dec 3rd!! :soexcited: Super excited!! Can anyone talk about their experience interviewing? Its such short notice I feel like I have no time to prepare!
I loved it there. It was two interviewers for ~20-30 mins mins (think I went over my alloted 20 mins). Super nice people, great facility, check out the pedestrian mall downtown if you have a chance

I also loved it there, it is my #1!!!! They interview was pretty relaxed, they ask questions from a list. It is a timed 20 minute interview. When you get there they have the day planned out and you get some very good information, overall like Volvoxy said super, super nice people and a great facility!

Accepted to the class of 2017!

Interview: September 24

Acceptance: ISIS/ AADSAS Mobile

ISIS is telling me "in progress" and the aadsas portal has "invited for interview" still. What can that mean?

hey guys i'm in!!! so exciting!!!

Last edited:
Hey everybody!

AADSAS says "Decision." So I am hoping this means I will get the decision Dec 3rd versus later on in the month like most in-state applicants will (I am an in-stater).

Good luck everyone! Hope we are all in the U of I class of 2017!

Hey everybody!

AADSAS says "Decision." So I am hoping this means I will get the decision Dec 3rd versus later on in the month like most in-state applicants will (I am an in-stater).

Does your ISIS say anything? Some have changed already

So excited! Can't wait to see you guys in the fall!

Hey everybody!

Is this true that most in-staters get notified later in the month?? And how many in-staters have already been accepted as of this morning?

Is this true that most in-staters get notified later in the month?? And how many in-staters have already been accepted as of this morning?

I heard only 1/3 of in state and 1/3 of out of state seats are filled on Dec 3. Not sure on the number as of this morning, there aren't as many Iowans on sdn as a lot of other states.

If those numbers are right, that means there are still 39 in state spots left after tomorrow.

ISIS updated!!! wohoooo.. also i am in state!! :)

My ISIS updated, kind of...
Still "in progress" but now they say I need to send them a transcript. Anybody else get this??

My ISIS updated, kind of...
Still "in progress" but now they say I need to send them a transcript. Anybody else get this??
Mine has "unmet" transcripts as well. I thought they just used what AADSAS gave them. Weird...guess we will have to see come Monday.

Mine has "unmet" transcripts as well. I thought they just used what AADSAS gave them. Weird...guess we will have to see come Monday.

For anyone that got accepted, You didn't have to send in any transcripts did you?

Mine doesn't say anything is unmet. Mine says "Need official transcript showing degree conferral" I assumed this meant my final transcript from undergrad must be sent in before I can fully begin at Iowa.

Got the email! It's official!

Last edited:
For those who have been accepted already to Iowa, congrats!

What was DAT, GPA scores, where are you from?

For those who have been accepted already to Iowa, congrats!

What was DAT, GPA scores, where are you from?

AA 21 TS 21 PAT 21 RC 23

oGPA 3.70 sGPA 3.54

Iowa resident

I have the same thing on my ISIS update. "In progress" but now they need a transcript because the status is unmet. Anyone have any new information what this means? I keep waiting for an email explaining this update on ISIS but haven't received one.

Congrats to those already accepted though!

I called elaine and she acted like it was a mistake that it is asking for a transcript. I would call her and ask her about your application specifically. She told me a decision hadn't been made on my application yet but that was all she told me. It is frustrating. I was interviewed in September.

21 AA on the DAT and 3.6 GPA

What state are you from?

For those that had questions about the "unmet" transcripts on ISIS, it looks like the glitch is fixed. Check your ISIS, at least the mistake has been fixed on mine.

:)

Hey Everyone, I hope you're all starting to hear back good news from Iowa! I created the official "The University of Iowa College of Dentistry Class of 2017" Facebook page, so if you have been accepted to Iowa, please click on the link below and join the group! I really want to get all 80 of us in there because it will be a great message board for our class over the next 4 years!

Once again, I wish the best for you all, and I can't wait to meet all of our fellow classmates!!

Here's the link to the group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/449991075060223/

If you have any questions about the University of Iowa, or have any problems joining the group, please message me on facebook! My name is T.J. Williams.

When do we find out if we get a scholarship?