The Official Iowa Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Pretty sure Elaine said they have to evaluate your FAFSA first. I may be mistaken.

Not sure on that one.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Are the scholarships mostly reserved for OOS? I think I remember Elaine saying that at the interview.

Are the scholarships mostly reserved for OOS? I think I remember Elaine saying that at the interview.
Hey everyone,
I also received a scholarship letter by email today. The letter is dated December 7th. I am out of state. Did anyone pay their deposit yet on ISIS?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I believe they give a handful of $10,000/year scholarships to in state students, for some reason I was thinking around 10 (could be mistaken). And I have not paid my deposit on ISIS, still have some thinking to do....

I wouldn't complain about 10,000 a year. I paid my deposit already.

Does that mean no email yet for OoS=no scholarship?

Seeing that my email (and person above) was dated Dec. 7, I bet that is when they made the scholarship decisions for all OOS. But I would ask Elaine to know for sure. :xf:
I'm gutted then :( I'll ask Elaine later this week but man, Iowa was my #1 choice :(

I'm gutted then :( I'll ask Elaine later this week but man, Iowa was my #1 choice :(

I'm really sorry to hear that. There may still be hope though, I'd bet some people offered a scholarship will not end up attending Iowa. I bet those scholarships are rolled over to other applicants. (I remember reading somewhere on here that a student was offered a scholarship directly off of the wait list). Maybe let Elaine know that Iowa is your number #1. Best of luck to you!

Just got an email from Elaine! WAHOOOOOOOO!!!

Me too! So excited!!! You interviewed dec 3rd too I'm guessing?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed sept 24. And it's absolutely my number 1!

Well congrats again then! See you next year!

yeah. I'm considered in-state for residency purposes, but attend college out of state.

I'm OOS! Thanks, congrats to you guys too :D

Hey guys! I've been accepted but can't get the Facebook link to work! Can't wait to meet you all :)

Took me a while to get it... You have to set up your UIowa email and then confirm it through there first. You can do that on the hawkeye site. Congrats on your acceptance!

If anyone is struggling to join the Facebook group, make sure you get your UIOWA email set up, which should be "first [email protected]" and that should allow you to join. Let me know (T.J. Williams) if you have any questions and I would be happy to help out!

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

Last edited:
I am currently on the resident alternate list at Iowa. I am thinking my chances aren't great because most residents accept their offer at Iowa. Does anyone have any thoughts on what the odds of getting in off the alternate list are?

The adea book for last year shows they had to accept 60 instate to fill their 57 instate seats. Best of luck to you, I know the feeling I'm on their oos wait list. I feel my chances are basically nothing at this point for Iowa ;(

Well thanks for the information, just adding to the suspense of waiting haha. Is that information online anywhere or is it just in the ADEA book? Best of luck to you as well.

It might online be for years prior to 2012, I have not checked though. I just got the info I posted from the book.

Can you guy please let me know your GPA and DAT? I am applying this summer. want to know what are my chances of 3.6 GPA and 23 overall DAT

I just received the $15,000/year scholarship today via email!!
Can you tell me how did you get the scholarship? is it your grade and DAT or also financially evaluation too? Is it a separate application?

Elaine, during the interview, said that almost all of the oos students receive a scholarship of about that amount. If you are instate there are fewer scholarships based on merit, I believe.

Can you guy please let me know your GPA and DAT? I am applying this summer. want to know what are my chances of 3.6 GPA and 23 overall DAT

I got in with a 3.72 oGPA and 3.60 sGPA 21 AA 21 TS DAT. As long as you don't have any big disqualifying factors, you have a very good chance as out of state and pretty much guaranteed as in state. Not sure which you are.

I got in with a 3.72 oGPA and 3.60 sGPA 21 AA 21 TS DAT. As long as you don't have any big disqualifying factors, you have a very good chance as out of state and pretty much guaranteed as in state. Not sure which you are.
I lived in Iowa for 4 years but then my family moved to Fl. So does that count for anything :)

2 bedroom/ 2 bathroom House for sale:

I just recently graduated from UI so I'm putting up my duplex for sale. It's located in Iowa City in a neighborhood mostly with med and dental students, about 2 miles away from campus, on the bus line, and close to the grocery store/restaurants/shopping.

PM me for more info. Thanks!

Hello everyone, Im kinda confused about this school. I never applied here but I recieved a notice that they would like me to come and interview. Is that normal? And if I do go is that for an alternate spot or waitlist at this point in time. Im not sure if I should even go since I have other acceptances. Please give me opinions :)

I would email Elaine Brown. I am currently on the resident alternate list, and it has moved very slow. However, I am sure that the OOS alternate list moves quicker.