The Official June 21, 2014 MCAT thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Saxappeal1

M.D.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey so I know a lot of us were posting on June MCAT'ers unite, but I want to get to know the progress of all of us 6/21'ers in particular. Let's do it.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
Is it weird that I almost don't want to know my score? While I don't know it, it could still be good. But once I do know it, it could very well be bad.

Reactions: 2 users
I just want this to be over. This is my 2nd time, and this time I feel like I actually did it :D

That much be a good feeling, having confidence the second time around. Best of luck and hope you got the score you needed or higher! For me it's not even really nerves I just am tired of waiting. I just want to know my score good or bad so I can take the next steps, whatever they may be.

Reactions: 1 users
Is it weird that I almost don't want to know my score? While I don't know it, it could still be good. But once I do know it, it could very well be bad.

Part of me just wants to never check it and see if I get any IIs.. lol.. but obviously I could never bring myself to do that.

Have you guys submitted yet? I feel like I'm starting to push it lol

I already submitted my applications to DO and MD. Still waiting on MD to be verified due to an incident with sending my transcript. I've gotten a couple DO secondaries back already.

Reactions: 1 user
I submit tomorrow, providing the score is good enough (very confident it is)
I almost feel silly submitting mine Sunday night, two days before I would have gotten some closure. Took me a week to finally work up the guts to say everything is finalized and go through with the submission.

Hey everyone - I am 10 days away from my MCAT. As you wait for your scores and I'm sure contemplating if you did everything you could do in your prep, worked too hard, not hard enough, did the right amount of content review, questions, practice tests, etc --- I was wondering,

Is there something you would recommend to your past self with 10 days out to your test??? What would you advise yourself at that point (and I mean me of course!) --- do more practice tests? Hammer content review? Passages? I have the AAMC SA, FLs 9,10,11, several Kaplan tests and passages, Kaplan high yield problem solving, etc ---

what would you recommend to someone 10 days out from their MCAT, having been there yourself 40 days ago???

Thanks and wishing you all the best getting the score you want tomorrow!!!

I submitted my primary already and got verified around July 15th. Feels really weird submitting secondaries too with the MCAT score being the only missing link

As far as advice 10 days out I would recommend going over any flash cards or notes you have kept from exams and what not and reviewing the actual AAMC exams for just format etc. I retook practice test 8 after not reviewing it for a month just for timing purposes (and a little confidence boost, even though the score might have been a little inflated) like 3 days before and I think that helped too. For me taking the day off before the actual test helped a lot since my stress level was as low as possible. The week before was essentially a psychological battle more than cramming information so I would recommend stay calm and cool and review whatever you think you would want to know if you encountered a passage on it! Good luck to you too and thanks for the support!

Anybody else getting the feeling that they either did really good or really bad? This day has been longer than the past 29 days combined lol

Anybody else getting the feeling that they either did really good or really bad? This day has been longer than the past 29 days combined lol

I actually feel like im going to have scored just enough so my decision to re-take or not becomes unreasonably difficult.

..nevermind, pretty sure I just jinxed myself and am really going to end up with a 23 and an easy retake decision..

Good luck everyone. We all are anxious to receive our scores after working so hard to defeat this exam and everyone here deserves good news tomorrow.

I actually feel like im going to have scored just enough so my decision to re-take or not becomes unreasonably difficult.

..nevermind, pretty sure I just jinxed myself and am really going to end up with a 23 and an easy retake decision..

Pretty much, honestly the situation I'll dread is finally having my PS goals but ending up having a poor verbal or bs score and needing to retake because of that. But honestly what I'm hating at the moment is that comparing the scores I got on 8 to 11, I cannot imagine the real test actually using that scoring scale, not even close. ( I mean realistically, 11 came out almost 4 years ago and I honestly think it was far easier than our test in every section).

Either way, I just hope that this time my practice scores actually reflect my real scores.

Pretty much, honestly the situation I'll dread is finally having my PS goals but ending up having a poor verbal or bs score and needing to retake because of that. But honestly what I'm hating at the moment is that comparing the scores I got on 8 to 11, I cannot imagine the real test actually using that scoring scale, not even close. ( I mean realistically, 11 came out almost 4 years ago and I honestly think it was far easier than our test in every section).

Either way, I just hope that this time my practice scores actually reflect my real scores.

I'll look forward to seeing your post tomorrow!

Predicting a 19, no kidding, but well see tomorrow. :dead:

Looking back I should have definitely voided. I didn't want my fee waiver with 15 free schools to go to waste plus I can save those letters for next cycle. :D

Not sure if I should blow off research for the day and enjoy myself until 3:15 or go try to busy myself in the lab all day. Which do people think would most effectively get me through to release?

Not sure if I should blow off research for the day and enjoy myself until 3:15 or go try to busy myself in the lab all day. Which do people think would most effectively get me through to release?

I was debating the same thing. I figured I would be done developing my western blots by 1 then go eat for two hours...

Welp, today is the day. A fond good luck to everyone. Find something to do for the day, try to relax :)
Thanks for starting this thread back in April man. We have finally come full circle to the day we get our scores back and can close this chapter of our life, the 6/21 MCAT at least. Thanks for providing us with entertainment and friends as we went along this journey to this day! Wishing everyone the best.

Best of luck to everyone today!

Here is the format threads have used in the past if you wish to share your score:

Test Date: 6/21/2014
FL AAMC Average: xx
Post-test expected score: xx
Actual Score: ( PS / V / BS) xx (x/x/x)
Comments:

See you all in med school!

Reactions: 2 users
This thread was very helpful throughout the months and provided me with the necessary encouragement I need to believe that I did well on this test. A warm thank you to everyone on the 6/21 thread who formed such a dynamite community.

I have twitter on my phone set to notify me of any aamc's mcat account tweets. They just posted about one of the books they're seeling but I was sure it was about the scores being released before I checked the message... they're such a tease. I'm not going to get anything done in lab today

I have twitter on my phone set to notify me of any aamc's mcat account tweets. They just posted about one of the books they're seeling but I was sure it was about the scores being released before I checked the message... they're such a tease. I'm not going to get anything done in lab today

the last 3 or 4 score release tweets have been consistently around 12:15-12:20PM so don't jump at your phone buzzing until around noon....at least that's what I'm doing

35304o.jpg