You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
The Official June 5, 2014 MCAT Thread
Started by Fight
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
As a second time taker I haven't been actually getting nervous until today. Gonna do light content review tomorrow and try to chill.
I really don't know how I feel about this right now though...
edit: however, it does lighten my mood knowing that once I take that test Thursday, I will NEVER have to think about inorganic chemistry, physics, and orgo
I really don't know how I feel about this right now though...
edit: however, it does lighten my mood knowing that once I take that test Thursday, I will NEVER have to think about inorganic chemistry, physics, and orgo
Yeah I'm feeling the burn out too... Gonna finally watch game of thrones tonight. Tomorrow I'll do a verbal passage or two, go through some of my pasts and try to relax a bit.Pretty burnt out lol. Kinda resigned to the fact that there isnt much that I can learn anymore. Just gonna relax tonight, do a couple passages tomorrow and then sleep early. It's all about being focused. Hbu?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As a second time taker I haven't been actually getting nervous until today. Gonna do light content review tomorrow and try to chill.
I really don't know how I feel about this right now though...
edit: however, it does lighten my mood knowing that once I take that test Thursday, I will NEVER have to think about inorganic chemistry, physics, and orgo
That is quite a liberating thought
.No more god damn galvanic cells...i know everyone is gonna advise against it but..... im gonna take the gchem self assessment tomorrow morning cause I never got around to doing it and its my last one. Then im gonna chill and look over past exams or something. Probably skim certain chapters that I think I should look over once more. Im gonna sleep slightly earlier tonight as well as tomorrow
Retaker here. Got a 28 (10,9,9) first time around, which is 5 points below my AAMC average.
So I've taken the last 4 weeks and hit TPR Hyperlearning (the giant tome of practice problems) for physics and chem. Haven't hit a whole ton of bio or orgo since I was scoring 9-10 in that section already and I figure improvement there is not the work of 4 weeks.
Also did a bit of verbal. I think keeping my head cool is what's going to make the difference tomorrow. I guess we'll see how my strategy works out.
Good luck to everyone!
So I've taken the last 4 weeks and hit TPR Hyperlearning (the giant tome of practice problems) for physics and chem. Haven't hit a whole ton of bio or orgo since I was scoring 9-10 in that section already and I figure improvement there is not the work of 4 weeks.
Also did a bit of verbal. I think keeping my head cool is what's going to make the difference tomorrow. I guess we'll see how my strategy works out.
Good luck to everyone!
Schedule for today:
1. Golf
2. Chill by the pool with my fiancée
3. Go on a date
4. Get a massage
🙂
Good luck tomorrow everyone
1. Golf
2. Chill by the pool with my fiancée
3. Go on a date
4. Get a massage
🙂
Good luck tomorrow everyone
Schedule for today:
1. Golf
2. Chill by the pool with my fiancée
3. Go on a date
4. Get a massage
🙂
Good luck tomorrow everyone
I hope 2 and 3 are with the same person

http://sharepowered.com/they-had-to...ang-initiation-but-they-chose-the-wrong-kid/#
This had a surprising calming effect on me and made my problems look insignificant. The part about the physician gave me some much needed inspiration. It might hel calming your nerves. Idk, just thought it might help you guys out.
This had a surprising calming effect on me and made my problems look insignificant. The part about the physician gave me some much needed inspiration. It might hel calming your nerves. Idk, just thought it might help you guys out.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
And 4... lolI hope 2 and 3 are with the same person![]()
Yep, was up at 6 feeling wired. Lets do this ****.
Haven't been on here in a while. Good luck to all of us!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Finding the test center is a pain
Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk
Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk
Didn't you take it today?Soooooo.......
....I voided that so quick after that PS section....definitely tested on all the low yield topics... Will be signing up for July....
What's upsetting is that the bio section was super fair and verbal wasn't too crazy
Darn it what is it with super Hard PS sections this year? loll
What was your AAMC average if you dont mind me asking?
Didn't you take it today?
Lol I did. Just didn't want to be the first to comment
See I felt that biological sciences was worse for me. Will be signing up for an August exam, going to do more content review with Berkeley instead of exam krackers for bio.
Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk
Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk
PS and bio was kinda hard, bio had asome really dense genetics passage. I felt verbal passages were straight forward, but i think the curve in vr gonna be harsh
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That was much harder than most of the AAMC's, and the physics was harder than AAMC 11. I really hope they curve this easier than 11 was curved. These 33 days are gonna be brutal.
I thought the PS section tested topics which I did not really focus on ( just my luck ), which sucks because PS is usually ok for me. I thought Bio was ok and struggled with time on verbal. Hopefully im not the only one feeling like this was harder than any practice and that they did poorly.
Took about 11 or 12 FLs and in comparison I found
PS: Ridiculous. Beyond ridiculous. I was getting my highest scores in PS going into the exam, walked out feeling like this will end up being my lowest score.
VR: Verbal was verbal.
BS: A lot of tricky questions.
PS: Ridiculous. Beyond ridiculous. I was getting my highest scores in PS going into the exam, walked out feeling like this will end up being my lowest score.
VR: Verbal was verbal.
BS: A lot of tricky questions.
The Bio section had 1 passage that really effed me up. I feel like I missed a good deal of it...
PS: What. Was that. I'm gonna go with a 9 at the highest on this one.
VR: Enjoyable reads I thought, but a lot of questions had two attractive choices I had a hard time deciding between. Left one, possibly two questions blank on accident. Probably got a 10/11 here.
BS: topics were related to my research so I wasn't intimidated by them, but still, I had to make educated guesses. Not too orgo-heavy, pretty standard compared to the practice AAMCs. Thinking at least a 9/10 here.
VR: Enjoyable reads I thought, but a lot of questions had two attractive choices I had a hard time deciding between. Left one, possibly two questions blank on accident. Probably got a 10/11 here.
BS: topics were related to my research so I wasn't intimidated by them, but still, I had to make educated guesses. Not too orgo-heavy, pretty standard compared to the practice AAMCs. Thinking at least a 9/10 here.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 13
- Views
- 5K