*** The Official LECOM Dental Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

I officially withdrew from my seat at LECOM today. Hope it results in one of you being made very happy!

Marjorie provided me with some insightful info: During interviews, many of us got the feeling that LECOM was opposed to any of its students specializing. While that may be the guiding philosophy, contrary to the belief that runs rampant around here, they will openly and directly support any student that does opt to specialize. She told me flat out that numerous students are currently on that path and that they have a thriving OMFS club. We'll know for sure in 2 years, but it sounds like the ability to specialize shouldn't be much different from it would be at any new school (Roseman, MSDOH, Midwestern, etc.).

Members don't see this ad.

I guess with the deadline closing in, LECOM has finished accepting all applicants?

Members don't see this ad :)
i went to their open house yesterday, i heard that the seats for this year were finally filled last week.

I have a question for all of you that have interviewed last year. I received an invite this year and was wondering approximately how long the entire day lasts. I'm looking at a flight that leaves Tampa at 715pm. Would that be ok?

I want to say it was over around 3-4. Tampa is a little over an hour away from the school, and traffic can get pretty bad later in the afternoon. My advice would be to fly into the Bradenton/Sarasota Airport...and its only 10-15 minutes from the campus. I know for sure that Delta offers flights to Bradenton/Sarasota from Atlanta. The flight will probably cost more, but the additional cost would probably be less than the cost of a shuttle or car rental.

I want to say it was over around 3-4. Tampa is a little over an hour away from the school, and traffic can get pretty bad later in the afternoon. My advice would be to fly into the Bradenton/Sarasota Airport...and its only 10-15 minutes from the campus. I know for sure that Delta offers flights to Bradenton/Sarasota from Atlanta. The flight will probably cost more, but the additional cost would probably be less than the cost of a shuttle or car rental.

For me the cost of flying from Indy to Tampa was $270. Indy to Sarasota......$450. So the choice was obvious. Plus my rental car was only an additional $35.

Reactions: 1 user
Guysssss! How is Lecom so far? Do you like it?

its awesome. New building with new equipment and a great staff. You can not find a better clinical experience during the third and fourth years. If you want lots of patients with little fighting over chair time... interview here at LECOM SDM

Can anyone here who is a current dental student tell me about the scholarships that Lecom offers (ie. how many awards, how much each, etc). Also, the actual cost of attendance for four years including room and board. Thanks!