You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*** The Official LECOM Dental Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***
Started by Teeths
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hi everyone, specially current students.
I know this is a fairly new school and that some information might not be available yet but I was wondering if anyone could give me some info regarding the clinicals at LECOM. Will we be taught all aspects of dentistry (crown, root canal, bridges etc) or are all the clinicals geared towards underprivileged patients (filling, extraction, denture etc).
I am very excited to be accepted here and was very impressed with the school at my interview but I also want to be a competent dentist with all the skills available once I get out.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
Like any dental school, we will be learning all aspects of dentistry. We don't really have requirements to do a certain number of procedures to graduate, but starting first year, you will be making dentures for patients. Then second year around the second half, you will be seeing more patients and you provide the service they are looking for whether they want a filling, a crown or just a cleaning. That is my understanding on what's going on right now.
And then third year is when we get into extractions and all that good stuff like root canals and you will have your own clinical pod...so that will mean that room will be your room to practice dentistry and no one else. So, you'll be running your "own practice". And it's kinda cool that the school hooks you up with your own business cards so you can hand it out to people who are looking for dental care 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waitlisted as well. Looks like they don't reject anyone hah.
Congrats to those who have acceptances! Would anyone be willing to share their stats/ec? I'm applying this cycle for 2015 (only school I'm applying to) so just curious! Just like to compare bc as you all im sure understand, I am soo nervous about applying!! PM if you want...thank you!!!
Congrats to those who have acceptances! Would anyone be willing to share their stats/ec? I'm applying this cycle for 2015 (only school I'm applying to) so just curious! Just like to compare bc as you all im sure understand, I am soo nervous about applying!! PM if you want...thank you!!!
why are you only applying to LECOM??
can anyone tell me when is the last interview at LECOM. appreciate it.
I have a son and husband. Husband works here and son will be going to school here, plus I have a large family base here that helps out.
I would apply to more schools just in case, it's never wise to only apply to one school, even in your situation. It is not uncommon for families to move with dental students.
Anyone get an email today from LECOM asking if they still wanted to be on the alternate list? Found that kind of odd. Think it has to do with me being accepted at other universities? Do dental schools actually communicate with one another on things such as acceptances?
Anyone get an email today from LECOM asking if they still wanted to be on the alternate list? Found that kind of odd. Think it has to do with me being accepted at other universities? Do dental schools actually communicate with one another on things such as acceptances?
No, they just want to make sure their time isn't wasted by sending acceptance letters out to those who have already decided where they will be next year. Pretty sure that everyone on the waiting list got that email. I think at some point a few months from now they can see whether or not you have outstanding offers, but not now.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Most schools finish interviewing near the end of February/beginning of March. I'm not sure on the exact date LECOM is done though. I submitted my application in early October and I had my interview at the end of January. Your sister should call the school and ask them if they're still holding interviews. Good Luck!
Hey guys
Any idea if they continue calling for interviews?
Just wondering because my sister submitted everything by late October and so far she hasn't gotten an interview invite yet 🙁
Thank you !!
Most schools finish interviewing near the end of February/beginning of March. I'm not sure on the exact date LECOM is done though. I submitted my application in early October and I had my interview at the end of January. Your sister should call the school and ask them if they're still holding interviews. Good Luck!
I would also recommend calling them. I applied in November and interview in late January. When I was calling to check my status, they did say they are interviewing throughout April. So, there is still hope.Hey guys
Any idea if they continue calling for interviews?
Just wondering because my sister submitted everything by late October and so far she hasn't gotten an interview invite yet 🙁
Thank you !!
I KNOW LECOM interviews until april because they rescheduled me for april 10th. but i'm not sure if you are done with sending interview invites or not.
good luck
good luck
Does anyone know, if there is any movement in the waiting list? or when they are sending out more acceptance letters? If I go by their pattern, some students might receive acceptance letters today.- just my guess. I also need a back-up plan. Any suggestions would be appreciated?
do you know how full is the class right now?Yeap I asked them
Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thats what they said... since today is the deadline to make the deposit
Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
I'm freaking out, man... haha but seriously, if today was the deadline then wouldn't it make more sense for them to go out tomorrow? So far no movement here on SDN.
Yeah that makes more sense to me, too. Sigh... ive been checking email every 10 mins today.
Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Same here, my phone battery was half dead by lunch lol
Oh sorry. Alternate
Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Join tha clubbb 😉
Anyone have any advice for the interview? Or can tell me about it? I have one April 10th 🙂
when did you interview last year? I am trying to figure out the time frame when the alternate list will move? I emailed and asked, so far, it is not moving that much. I would think by march it should have stated moving. Do you think it will start moving in April (after all the interviews are over)?I was accepted about a week after I got my alternate letter last year, so expect movement.
Let to us, what they say? I know it's frustrating.I am going to call tomorrow about when they begin moving the wait list, sigh none of the schools I got wait listed at are showing any movement and they supposibly have "huge" movement.
Welp I am applying to masters... Lecom starts looking at waiting list mid to end may..Let to us, what they say? I know it's frustrating.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When I emailed them, they said whenever they get a spot open then they select people from waiting list. So it is reviewed contantly. But they probably meant mid may is when they see the most movement. Thanks for the info. I hope everything works out for u. I am not gonna go for masters because my gpa is high enough. However, i will continue to take high level science classes especially the ones that lecom recommends.Welp I am applying to masters... Lecom starts looking atitwaiting list mid to end may..
when did you interview last year? I am trying to figure out the time frame when the alternate list will move? I emailed and asked, so far, it is not moving that much. I would think by march it should have stated moving. Do you think it will start moving in April (after all the interviews are over)?
I interviewed Jan 24th on friday, I think I got my waitlist letter in the mail the next week or so and then a week after that on a Friday, I got my acceptance. It mainly depends on people getting accepted at other schools and them giving up their spot, since they probably have given out all their acceptances by now. I was accepted at another school after LECOM started in July, I obviously declined but as long as other schools are still accepting people, there is always a chance for a spot.
Ms. Bell said that in April, ADEA sends a list of students with more than one spot to them. They then call those students, and basically tell them to make a decision.
I was wondering though.. will they select students off the wait list based on who they like better or is it whoever is next in line gets the next open spot?
I was wondering though.. will they select students off the wait list based on who they like better or is it whoever is next in line gets the next open spot?
Ms. Bell said that in April, ADEA sends a list of students with more than one spot to them. They then call those students, and basically tell them to make a decision.
I was wondering though.. will they select students off the wait list based on who they like better or is it whoever is next in line gets the next open spot?
It's not a ranked wait list, so they review everybody and choose who they feel is most qualified next.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 6K