**** The Official Louisville Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

I just got a call this morning and was offered a spot!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is that a real question? Cuz April 1st is deadline date for people to pick 1 school. Considering that Louisville accepts ~70 OOS..... There will be many that drop their OOS spots and also depends how lucky u r on the waiting list.

Is that a real question? Cuz April 1st is deadline date for people to pick 1 school. Considering that Louisville accepts ~70 OOS..... There will be many that drop their OOS spots and also depends how lucky u r on the waiting list.

Wait... what? I've not heard about a specific deadline for students to choose 1 school other than the 30 day payment period after acceptance. Since when was April 1st the day? Or are you building towards a cruel April Fools joke?

Wait... what? I've not heard about a specific deadline for students to choose 1 school other than the 30 day payment period after acceptance. Since when was April 1st the day? Or are you building towards a cruel April Fools joke?

Why don't u check aadsas? If u frequent on sdn u would know

Why don't u check aadsas? If u frequent on sdn u would know

Where on AADSAS? I've been checking it and I haven't seen anything about an April 1st deadline. I haven't been accepted anywhere though, just a couple wait lists. Maybe that's why I don't see what you do.

Where on AADSAS? I've been checking it and I haven't seen anything about an April 1st deadline. I haven't been accepted anywhere though, just a couple wait lists. Maybe that's why I don't see what you do.

Its actually posted as traffic rules

Which would only create openings around April 20th, once those with multiple acceptances actually decided where to go...

Members don't see this ad :)
According to the "Traffic Rules" bullet point 3 says:
- AADSAS participating schools report to AADSAS by April 1 the names and AADSAS ID numbers of candidates holding positions; after April 5, AADSAS reports to each dental school the names of their candidates who are holding more than one position at dental schools; schools may rescind offers of admission to such candidates after allowing 15-day response period.

Which would only create openings around April 20th, once those with multiple acceptances actually decided where to go...

It's true, April 1st is when all the dental schools know about it, then they can rescind offers on the 5th, then all students with multiple positions have 15 days to verify which one they would like to keep. 4/20 is the date when the few multiple acceptors will be forced to chose. Hm... don't people who celebrate that date tend to be procrastinators. Ironic.

louisville sent me an email this morning asking if i want to be considered for admission.

(post-interview and this is the second time they ask me that)

louisville sent me an email this morning asking if i want to be considered for admission.

(post-interview and this is the second time they ask me that)

I got the same email. Is louisville your choice school, aznboi89x?

Because its April already, so they are sending out another one for all waitlisted people.

I got the same email this morning, asking whether I still wanted to be considered for admission and this is their second time asking. I'm wondering whether they send this to all candidates on their wait list or just the select few they are seriously considering. Does anyone know?

I got the same email this morning, asking whether I still wanted to be considered for admission and this is their second time asking. I'm wondering whether they send this to all candidates on their wait list or just the select few they are seriously considering. Does anyone know?

Based on the fact that it is automated, the wording and how so many people are getting it, I'm confident that everyone on the wait list gets it.

The real question is how many people are on this wait list at this point?

Any word for us wait listers? Has there been any movement?

Not that I have heard of.... I think the class is currently full, but hopefully that will change over the next few weeks!

guys, does anybody know who can help in bench exams, tooth preparation and waxing please.
thanks

Anyone know when we should expect to hear back? I feel like the wait list hadn't moved much for OOS people and they already sent out two emails asking if people still want to be considered.

Anyone know when we should expect to hear back? I feel like the wait list hadn't moved much for OOS people and they already sent out two emails asking if people still want to be considered.

Anyone's guess is as good as mine. Though, one guy last year posted he was accepted around now. Last I spoke to them around the first of the month they said they were anticipating something soon "hopefully."

I am out of state and was accepted March 27, but I know 2-3 other people have been accepted since then all OOS.

I am out of state and was accepted March 27, but I know 2-3 other people have been accepted since then all OOS.

Do you know how many of you are going to actually attend?

I believe all of us are. I know one of them was accepted last Friday, so they seem to still be sending out acceptances. Stay positive!

Nope. It's odd given how late they were interviewing a large chunk of people. I def expected more movement especially in April.

Does anyone have an idea of how many seats may be left for OOS?

From my understanding, the class is full unless someone turns down an offer. So I guess we need to hope OOS people accepted at Louisville decide to go elsewhere.

i think this is the last month for anyone to drop but i could be wrong. Louisville starts in the summer correct? THeir OOS tuition is cheap compared to pittsburgh and temple.

i think this is the last month for anyone to drop but i could be wrong. Louisville starts in the summer correct? THeir OOS tuition is cheap compared to pittsburgh and temple.

You are right that Louisville starts early and the tuition is on the cheaper side compared to some other schools. But I'm not sure what you mean by "last month to drop". People are free to drop whenever, but it just becomes less likely with time.

Someone in my class just got into UF so a spot should open up to an OOS soon good luck

Someone in my class just got into UF so a spot should open up to an OOS soon good luck

Yes! Thank you! I think I took your friend's seat. I was accepted yesterday, I will definitely be taking it!

I'm just starting my 4th year at Louisville if you all have any questions feel free to send me a pm

Congrats to those of you moving to Louisville KY! My husband and I have both been grad students living in this area, have finished our studies (yay!) and are moving on.

When we decided to move to Louisville, we were living in Brisbane, Australia at the time. We knew NOTHING about the area. We were very fortunate to have stumbled upon Southern Indiana as a much more affordable area to settle in while we completed our studies. We have lived here five years (with four small children) and it has been wonderful. The commute to school is 15 minutes to 25 minutes, depending upon the traffic at the time. The cost of living is significantly lower on this side of the Ohio river.

Yes, we are in the process of selling our home right now, but mostly I just wanted to put this information out there to anyone relocating, especially if you have children, and tell you that I would be so happy to share the information we have acquired over the last 5 years living here. This truly is a fabulous area for families - a great zoo, science center, parks, etc., and we are going to miss it.

Having made the moving from Australia to the Louisville area with no contacts or information whatsoever, I would be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Just curious, anyone holding a spot at Louisville considering dropping it or currently wait listed at your top pick? Feel free to PM if you do not want to post here.

I'd just like to point out, that (as of this posting) I only see 118 people on the roster on Blackboard. I have no clue what that actually means; whether they have more people waiting to be put on the roster or what. I just thought I'd let you know. That being said, there are only 4 weeks left until class starts. I have heard of some people getting in the day before class. So if you're on the wait list, I'd make sure you're ready for anything. Good luck to those waiting!!!!!