*The Official March 2017 MCAT Thread*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GrayArea

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Noticed there was no thread for the March 31st MCAT so, here it is!

Who has began studying?!?!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello!

I am also planning to take the test on this date (but hasn't registered yet). I prepared all my study materials and study schedule and will start studying in the 1st of November. This is my second time taking this test and my goal is to increase my verbal score. I have BR , EK complete package, AAMC question packs and section banks, both AAMC FLs, and Kaplan FLs.

hello thinking about this date also or the april 28 date. wanted mt test scores back so i could be one of the first ones to apply. good luck. i think I'm going to use
tbr, kaplan and princeton psychology for content

ns, ek and aamc for practice and test

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone!

I have registered to take the March 31st 2017 MCAT as well, which will be here before we know it :p

Last edited:
Hi Everyone, just scheduled for the March 31st MCAT, was the earliest date available in my town. Lets all crush this test!

Making my study schedule and starting some mad MCAT study this weekend! This is what I plan on using:

Study Materials: Kaplan, Khan for psych, and pre-2015 TPR for supplemental review

Practice + FLs: NS, EK, and AAMC

Best of luck everyone!

Hey everyone! :) I'm registered for Jan 28th date but i'm looking to change the date to march 31st. However, there are no seats in California on the 31st whatsoever. Does anyone know if there's any probability that some seats would free up last minute by some people? has anyone heard of people or know that some people would drop in February?

Thanks a lot!
Good luck for everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
The day is approaching quickly and I'm getting awfully nervous! Haha (first time taking it). Where is everyone at in their study schedules? I think I'll begin practice exams this weekend.

I am taking it for the first time too! and I am also nervous :/. I took my first practice exam last weekend. I had a hard time getting through the last section because I was mentally exhausted...but I also cannot wait to get this test done and over with!

The day is approaching quickly and I'm getting awfully nervous! Haha (first time taking it). Where is everyone at in their study schedules? I think I'll begin practice exams this weekend.
You should! I think from now until exam date is all about practice, practice, and more practice!

Has anyone been using the AAMC question packs to study? How have you been doing them? They each have 120 questions per subject and I'm wondering if it's better to do all of it in 1 or 2 sittings and review the answers or show the answers as I go along?

Testing on this date too. Have taken 4FL up to date, and will continue to take them until the week of march 31. polishing the areas that need to be polished. Will try to go through all AAMC question banks atleast 3 times.

Also taking the test on 3/31. I got way behind on my schedule, so I'm just now starting to study physics and organic. Hopefully I'll have them done by the end of the week so that I can jump into practice tests!

Is anyone using Varsity Tutors' online free resources, and if so how good were they and would you recommend spending time on them?

Registered for March 31st.

Here are my practice FL scores so far:
Kaplan FL1: 498 (123/125/125/125) Taken 2/19
Kaplan FL2: 502 (127/124/126/125) Taken 2/27 *I mostly studied C/P in between these two*

Hopefully I can increase the other sections as much as I did C/P over this next month.
Anyone else have recent FL scores?

How's studying going for everyone?
Is March not a popular date for the MCAT?

trying not to freak myself out too much with these less than desirable Kaplan FL scores....:(

How's studying going for everyone?
Is March not a popular date for the MCAT?

trying not to freak myself out too much with these less than desirable Kaplan FL scores....:(
I know, I'm not seeing any improvement on my Kaplan scores either... Hoping nextstep shows me more love this weekend

I know, I'm not seeing any improvement on my Kaplan scores either... Hoping nextstep shows me more love this weekend

Isn't nextstep's FLs more difficult than Kaplan?

I have heard mixed reviews about how indicative Kaplan is of the real deal....

Isn't nextstep's FLs more difficult than Kaplan?

I have heard mixed reviews about how indicative Kaplan is of the real deal....
Not really, depends on your strength .. Kaplan has lots of pseudo discrete .. if the op is a great test taker he ll do better on other FL

I'm starting to get a little nervous... I got a 494 on my first FL practice exam last week (ran out of time on 2 sections) and a 497 on my second FL practice exam (again ran out of time on chem/phys). Any advice?

I'm starting to get a little nervous... I got a 494 on my first FL practice exam last week (ran out of time on 2 sections) and a 497 on my second FL practice exam (again ran out of time on chem/phys). Any advice?
I had an issue running out of time too. Now I keep myself on pace by having checkpoints - every 30 min I should have completed 20 problems. At 1 hr remaining, I should be on question 21, at 30 min remaining on question 41, etc. As soon as you get the timing down I'm sure you'll see a boost in your score.

I had an issue running out of time too. Now I keep myself on pace by having checkpoints - every 30 min I should have completed 20 problems. At 1 hr remaining, I should be on question 21, at 30 min remaining on question 41, etc. As soon as you get the timing down I'm sure you'll see a boost in your score.

Thanks, that's a great idea! Still extremely nervous as I'd like to improve my score by a lot. How is everyone studying at this point? Mostly using FLs?

Each week I shoot for two FLs and 8 chapters of content review. I'm behind

Yeah I'm trying to shoot for 2 FLs each week too but content review is a little difficult because I'm taking 3 night classes and working PT.

Sounds like you have a pretty solid study schedule though and I'm sure you're going to do great!

Yeah I'm trying to shoot for 2 FLs each week too but content review is a little difficult because I'm taking 3 night classes and working PT.

Sounds like you have a pretty solid study schedule though and I'm sure you're going to do great!
Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate. We just gotta buckle down and grind it out for three weeks! A good score will certainly make the time and effort worth it

Cram in those practice tests!! I took a full test every other day 1.5 weeks right before my real exam ( I was desperate). Scored 506/508 on aamc fl, but got a 512 on the real deal. Just believe in yourself!!!!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Cram in those practice tests!! I took a full test every other day 1.5 weeks right before my real exam ( I was desperate). Scored 506/508 on aamc fl, but got a 512 on the real deal. Just believe in yourself!!!!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

wow! I'm planning to do 2 FLs/week and I thought that was a lot! But I'm glad to hear that it's paid off for you! I'm desperate to raise my score within the next few weeks too so hopefully it fares just as well for me..:unsure:

I'm thinking of saving my AAMC FLs for the last 2 weeks. Should I do them earlier? later?