You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*The Official March 2017 MCAT Thread*
Started by GrayArea
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hello!
I am also planning to take the test on this date (but hasn't registered yet). I prepared all my study materials and study schedule and will start studying in the 1st of November. This is my second time taking this test and my goal is to increase my verbal score. I have BR , EK complete package, AAMC question packs and section banks, both AAMC FLs, and Kaplan FLs.
I am also planning to take the test on this date (but hasn't registered yet). I prepared all my study materials and study schedule and will start studying in the 1st of November. This is my second time taking this test and my goal is to increase my verbal score. I have BR , EK complete package, AAMC question packs and section banks, both AAMC FLs, and Kaplan FLs.
hello thinking about this date also or the april 28 date. wanted mt test scores back so i could be one of the first ones to apply. good luck. i think I'm going to use
tbr, kaplan and princeton psychology for content
ns, ek and aamc for practice and test
tbr, kaplan and princeton psychology for content
ns, ek and aamc for practice and test
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone!
I have registered to take the March 31st 2017 MCAT as well, which will be here before we know it 😛
I have registered to take the March 31st 2017 MCAT as well, which will be here before we know it 😛
Last edited:
Good luck everyone. March, here we come!
Last edited:
Noticed there was no thread for the March 31st MCAT so, here it is!
Who has began studying?!?!
Saw ur PBS Fraternity, Inc. Shield profile pic and had to reply to say Hey Frat! Mine is scheduled for June....Good Luck & Happy Studying !!
Thanks! Good luck to you too!Saw ur PBS Fraternity, Inc. Shield profile pic and had to reply to say Hey Frat! Mine is scheduled for June....Good Luck & Happy Studying !!
Hey everyone! 🙂 I'm registered for Jan 28th date but i'm looking to change the date to march 31st. However, there are no seats in California on the 31st whatsoever. Does anyone know if there's any probability that some seats would free up last minute by some people? has anyone heard of people or know that some people would drop in February?
Thanks a lot!
Good luck for everyone!
Thanks a lot!
Good luck for everyone!
You guys are one of the first groups taking it all year. Good luck M31!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The day is approaching quickly and I'm getting awfully nervous! Haha (first time taking it). Where is everyone at in their study schedules? I think I'll begin practice exams this weekend.
I am taking it for the first time too! and I am also nervous :/. I took my first practice exam last weekend. I had a hard time getting through the last section because I was mentally exhausted...but I also cannot wait to get this test done and over with!
You should! I think from now until exam date is all about practice, practice, and more practice!The day is approaching quickly and I'm getting awfully nervous! Haha (first time taking it). Where is everyone at in their study schedules? I think I'll begin practice exams this weekend.
JACK WESTINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNYou guys are one of the first groups taking it all year. Good luck M31!
Has anyone been using the AAMC question packs to study? How have you been doing them? They each have 120 questions per subject and I'm wondering if it's better to do all of it in 1 or 2 sittings and review the answers or show the answers as I go along?
Did anyone take the AAMC sample test yet? and how did you do?
Not yet, plan on taking the Scored test this friday...Did anyone take the AAMC sample test yet? and how did you do?
you are taking the scored before the sample?Not yet, plan on taking the Scored test this friday...
I only have AAMC1 and AAMC2 scored. (Just purchased AAMC2 today)you are taking the scored before the sample?
I only have AAMC1 and AAMC2 scored. (Just purchased AAMC2 today)
Lol I'm not sure when I will be taking FL1, Im doing the section bank this week
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Also taking the test on 3/31. I got way behind on my schedule, so I'm just now starting to study physics and organic. Hopefully I'll have them done by the end of the week so that I can jump into practice tests!
Is anyone using Varsity Tutors' online free resources, and if so how good were they and would you recommend spending time on them?
Registered for March 31st.
Here are my practice FL scores so far:
Kaplan FL1: 498 (123/125/125/125) Taken 2/19
Kaplan FL2: 502 (127/124/126/125) Taken 2/27 *I mostly studied C/P in between these two*
Hopefully I can increase the other sections as much as I did C/P over this next month.
Anyone else have recent FL scores?
Here are my practice FL scores so far:
Kaplan FL1: 498 (123/125/125/125) Taken 2/19
Kaplan FL2: 502 (127/124/126/125) Taken 2/27 *I mostly studied C/P in between these two*
Hopefully I can increase the other sections as much as I did C/P over this next month.
Anyone else have recent FL scores?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
T
TikiTorch
Let's resurrect it then.This thread is dead smh
Kaplan FL2 511 (130/127/128/126) taken 2/18
We've got four weeks y'all. Home stretch.
so when did you reschedule?Have any of you taken AAMC FL1 Scored?
June 17. Have you tested already?so when did you reschedule?
Not yet...June 17. Have you tested already?
How's studying going for everyone?
Is March not a popular date for the MCAT?
trying not to freak myself out too much with these less than desirable Kaplan FL scores....🙁
Same here. Getting worried when there's 24 days left!!
T
TikiTorch
I know, I'm not seeing any improvement on my Kaplan scores either... Hoping nextstep shows me more love this weekendHow's studying going for everyone?
Is March not a popular date for the MCAT?
trying not to freak myself out too much with these less than desirable Kaplan FL scores....🙁
I know, I'm not seeing any improvement on my Kaplan scores either... Hoping nextstep shows me more love this weekend
Isn't nextstep's FLs more difficult than Kaplan?
I have heard mixed reviews about how indicative Kaplan is of the real deal....
Not really, depends on your strength .. Kaplan has lots of pseudo discrete .. if the op is a great test taker he ll do better on other FLIsn't nextstep's FLs more difficult than Kaplan?
I have heard mixed reviews about how indicative Kaplan is of the real deal....
I'm starting to get a little nervous... I got a 494 on my first FL practice exam last week (ran out of time on 2 sections) and a 497 on my second FL practice exam (again ran out of time on chem/phys). Any advice?
T
TikiTorch
I had an issue running out of time too. Now I keep myself on pace by having checkpoints - every 30 min I should have completed 20 problems. At 1 hr remaining, I should be on question 21, at 30 min remaining on question 41, etc. As soon as you get the timing down I'm sure you'll see a boost in your score.I'm starting to get a little nervous... I got a 494 on my first FL practice exam last week (ran out of time on 2 sections) and a 497 on my second FL practice exam (again ran out of time on chem/phys). Any advice?
I had an issue running out of time too. Now I keep myself on pace by having checkpoints - every 30 min I should have completed 20 problems. At 1 hr remaining, I should be on question 21, at 30 min remaining on question 41, etc. As soon as you get the timing down I'm sure you'll see a boost in your score.
Thanks, that's a great idea! Still extremely nervous as I'd like to improve my score by a lot. How is everyone studying at this point? Mostly using FLs?
T
TikiTorch
Each week I shoot for two FLs and 8 chapters of content review. I'm behind [emoji29]Thanks, that's a great idea! Still extremely nervous as I'd like to improve my score by a lot. How is everyone studying at this point? Mostly using FLs?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Each week I shoot for two FLs and 8 chapters of content review. I'm behind [emoji29]
Yeah I'm trying to shoot for 2 FLs each week too but content review is a little difficult because I'm taking 3 night classes and working PT.
Sounds like you have a pretty solid study schedule though and I'm sure you're going to do great!
T
TikiTorch
Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate. We just gotta buckle down and grind it out for three weeks! A good score will certainly make the time and effort worth itYeah I'm trying to shoot for 2 FLs each week too but content review is a little difficult because I'm taking 3 night classes and working PT.
Sounds like you have a pretty solid study schedule though and I'm sure you're going to do great!
Cram in those practice tests!! I took a full test every other day 1.5 weeks right before my real exam ( I was desperate). Scored 506/508 on aamc fl, but got a 512 on the real deal. Just believe in yourself!!!!
Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
Cram in those practice tests!! I took a full test every other day 1.5 weeks right before my real exam ( I was desperate). Scored 506/508 on aamc fl, but got a 512 on the real deal. Just believe in yourself!!!!
Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
wow! I'm planning to do 2 FLs/week and I thought that was a lot! But I'm glad to hear that it's paid off for you! I'm desperate to raise my score within the next few weeks too so hopefully it fares just as well for me..🤔
I'm thinking of saving my AAMC FLs for the last 2 weeks. Should I do them earlier? later?
Similar threads
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
E
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 601