*** The Official Maryland Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Mannn what's up with UMD? I submitted 7/9, GPA-verified 8/5, but haven't received a supplemental. I was hoping people from the DMV would get first dibs.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Interview #4:soexcited:

School: University of Maryland
Notification date: 10/27/2015
Method of notification: E-Mail
Residency: IL
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/02/2015
Application complete date: 10/16/2015
Supplemental date: 10/16/2015
GPA (science, overall): 3.80, 3.70
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/19/19/No

Wow what a quick turn around

Mannn what's up with UMD? I submitted 7/9, GPA-verified 8/5, but haven't received a supplemental. I was hoping people from the DMV would get first dibs.

I haven't received a supplemental either. 7/28 mailout. Can't win em all.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had an interview yesterday. It was relaxed and everyone was so friendly.
I love love the school!!

Reactions: 3 users
I had an interview yesterday. It was relaxed and everyone was so friendly.
I love love the school!!
I have mine coming up! Did they ever send you an email after you confirmed? Or something the day before? Or is all the info in the original email invitation.

Just received my invite. Submitted secondary on August 20th. The interview date is post-dec 1st.

Reactions: 4 users
Hi everyone! Also just got invited for an interview! Yay!
It's scheduled post-Dec 1st. I submitted my secondary in mid September so it wasn't really a quick turn around.
Anyone know about how many interviews they give out? And out of those, how many they accept?

Reactions: 1 users
I was just invited today for a post- December interview, so don't lose hope guys!!

Hi everyone! Also just got invited for an interview! Yay!
It's scheduled post-Dec 1st. I submitted my secondary in mid September so it wasn't really a quick turn around.
Anyone know about how many interviews they give out? And out of those, how many they accept?

Congrats! so did I. December 8th?

Interview invite - post dec.
Super excited.

Are any of you guys who just got interviews Maryland residents? I'm starting to get discouraged here

Members don't see this ad :)
I have mine coming up! Did they ever send you an email after you confirmed? Or something the day before? Or is all the info in the original email invitation.
No they didn't send it
Good Luck!!

Are any of you guys who just got interviews Maryland residents? I'm starting to get discouraged here
i'm instate, but don't give up hope, there are still many months left in the process.

I submitted supp. ap mid-end of sept.

Wow, for some people, it takes really long time to get interview after supplemental! I was starting to get worried that my hotmail once again filtered invites as spam and deleted a while ago, but thanks for sharing valuable information. I completed supplemental about 3 months back in August very excited however, I am still waiting for the invite. I should probably call the school for this but is it true that getting supplemental is getting an interview later?

Wow, for some people, it takes really long time to get interview after supplemental! I was starting to get worried that my hotmail once again filtered invites as spam and deleted a while ago, but thanks for sharing valuable information. I completed supplemental about 3 months back in August very excited however, I am still waiting for the invite. I should probably call the school for this but is it true that getting supplemental is getting an interview later?
They update the portal to "invited to interview". Check AADSAS if you think you missed it. Otherwise, it hasn't come yet.

They update the portal to "invited to interview". Check AADSAS if you think you missed it. Otherwise, it hasn't come yet.
Just checked it, it is still saying that review is complete, so it is still on its way! I guess when adoms got my supplemental early August they were like, eww I don't like what I see on his supplemental.... he isn't going to get invite anytime soon!!!:smack: we'll decide what to do with him after December 1st!! :idea: But I am still super excited that I will get the interview someday!!! :highfive:

Is the supplemental = interview true for Maryland? Because I submitted the supplemental on 6/25 and still haven't heard anything. If I had to guess, it doesn't look like I'll be getting an interview.

Is the supplemental = interview true for Maryland? Because I submitted the supplemental on 6/25 and still haven't heard anything. If I had to guess, it doesn't look like I'll be getting an interview.
Possibly post December. I believe if you got the supplemental, they are interested.

Any idea when the next round of interviews will come out????
I'm patiently waiting to hear for an interview:nailbiting:
I'm OOS and already had other interviews.... No word from MD after supplementary was turned in last month

Any idea when the next round of interviews will come out????
I'm patiently waiting to hear for an interview:nailbiting:
I'm OOS and already had other interviews.... No word from MD after supplementary was turned in last month
Welcome! I have been waiting for 3.5 months after the supplemental! I am very sure its going to be post December if we get it:idea:

Damn I want an interview from this school!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anybody interviewing at Maryland on December 1st or am I the only one haha

Yay! I'm sure we'll all be super stressing waiting to hear back from our other schools the same day lol
I will turn off my phone. I don't want to be distracted and I will only focus on my MD interview that day! :p Are you from MD?

Last edited:
I will turn off my phone. I don't want to be distracted and I will only focus on my MD interview that day! :p Are you from MD?

Smart idea! Haha I'm not from Maryland I'm from PA, you?

Hi, I just wanted to let you two guys know that SDN has message function. I believe by sending messages through that, it is better and able to secure privacy in a conversation.

For those in-staters who got an interview, did you receive notification that your in-state status was approved prior to hearing back about an interview?

For those in-staters who got an interview, did you receive notification that your in-state status was approved prior to hearing back about an interview?

No, I called the registrar's office and they told me I would only know about my status after an acceptance

I was approved after my interview by email and by mail ( thought it was a rejection but it was just a mail telling me my in state status was approved).

I received one by mail saying my in state status was approved.

Now I'm getting worried...If they didn't notify me about my status after the interview does that mean I'm likely rejected? :(

Hey everyone. I'm a D1 student and decided to use my "study break" to encourage all of you who are applying to Maryland. First, for those of you who have interviewed, congrats!! If you haven't heard anything yet or don't hear by Dec. 1st DO NOT WORRY. I didn't get an interview until January (and I was accepted like the next day lol) in which they called me on a Friday and asked me to interview that upcoming Monday. What I'm trying to say is that this process is unpredictable, so don't stress yourself out trying to align yourself with timelines or things that you have heard. Try to relax and trust YOUR path. If you want it and stay dedicated IT WILL HAPPEN. I apologize in advance for probably not being able to respond to any questions anytime soon because they keep us extremely busy. But ill try to check back eventually. Happy holidays! Oh and I was OOS

Reactions: 13 users
Hey everyone. I'm a D1 student and decided to use my "study break" to encourage all of you who are applying to Maryland. First, for those of you who have interviewed, congrats!! If you haven't heard anything yet or don't hear by Dec. 1st DO NOT WORRY. I didn't get an interview until January (and I was accepted like the next day lol) in which they called me on a Friday and asked me to interview that upcoming Monday. What I'm trying to say is that this process is unpredictable, so don't stress yourself out trying to align yourself with timelines or things that you have heard. Try to relax and trust YOUR path. If you want it and stay dedicated IT WILL HAPPEN. I apologize in advance for probably not being able to respond to any questions anytime soon because they keep us extremely busy. But ill try to check back eventually. Happy holidays! Oh and I was OOS
Couldn't have said it better. She isn't joking guys when she says they keep you busy... You guys will soon find out no matter what school you end up attending. BUT it is a very fun year so far. The faculty at Maryland are very encouraging and willing to help! You will make lifetime friends here. Everyone has to suffer through the pain of dental school together, especially the first year.

Also, Mediasite is the best thing since sliced bread. I have no idea how dentists today survived dental school without Mediasite...

I have to shower and drive to school but I am afraid I might miss the call or email xP

Accepted 9:59 AM!!!!!!!! This is unreal!!