*** The Official Maryland Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

:clap::love::soexcited:!!!!! 10AM tho... why Maryland??

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
OMG!!!! accepted via email at 0959 EST!!!!! I was so excited that I made this post in a wrong thread LOL!!!:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Reactions: 1 users
ACCEPTED!!!!! :highfive::soexcited:Email 10am EST!

Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/2/15 (2nd batch)
Supplemental complete date: 7/4/15 (also emailed optional supplemental video)
Acceptance notified on: 12/1/15 @10am via email; AADSAS portal didn't change (still says "Invited for Interview"
GPA (science, overall): 3.33, 3.43 (this is with formal post-bacc included)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/21/21/no
Approx. Shadowing Hours: 204 (36 hours being of a specialty, everything else was from 5 different general dentists)
Approx. Volunteer Hours (dental+non-dental related): 328
Approx. Research Hours: 608 (psychology research assistant)
Any specifics to UMD: Attended their Impressions Day

Last edited:
Accepted 9:59:soexcited:

ACCEPTED by email. Congratulations everyone :)

To all the instate applicants who were accepted, would you guys be willing to post your stats? (GPA/DAT scores)?

Thank you so much <3

Hey all. Looking back through the last couple of years at Maryland blogs it seems like if you interview early, like October 20 for me, and don't here back in December then you have a very low likelihood of them coming back in January, February, etc. with good news. Anybody know anything about this or am I way off point?

:D

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
To all the instate applicants who were accepted, would you guys be willing to post your stats? (GPA/DAT scores)?

Thank you so much <3

Accepted this morning ! I'm instate.
Overall gpa- 3.5, science 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): 20/20/19/20
I applied last year and got waitlisted so this was my second time around !

Last edited:

Thank you so much <3

Accepted this morning ! I'm instate.
Overall gpa- 3.2, science 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): 21/22/23/22
work /shadowing hrs > 6000 hrs.

I didn't get anything yet:(

This is really random...but when we interviewed, did we get a folder/packet/something? I don't really remember haha. If we did could someone tell me what color it was/what we got? I remember nothing...and I really want to find it....if it exists...

This is really random...but when we interviewed, did we get a folder/packet/something? I don't really remember haha. If we did could someone tell me what color it was/what we got? I remember nothing...and I really want to find it....if it exists...
Lol it was a folder with a pic of the school on the front and red on the back

you're the best...what was in it? I think I'm between Maryland and Stony Brook (if I get in) and need help deciding (I'm a NY state resident).
Hahaha I don't remember. Just some pamphlets? I'm sure if you called they could email or mail them to you

Is there anyone who received a waitlist or rejection email? I haven't gotten anything.

Is there anyone who received a waitlist or rejection email? I haven't gotten anything.
I remember being told at my interview not all acceptances for pre-December interviews will be given out on the 1st. So I'm sure more will be coming in shortly. I'm in the same boat as you.

I remember being told at my interview not all acceptances for pre-December interviews will be given out on the 1st. So I'm sure more will be coming in shortly. I'm in the same boat as you.
Thanks Bro!!!!!!! I was not the only one!!!!

Has anyone called Maryland and confirmed that not all decisions are sent on December 1st?

At the interview, they said not everyone would hear back on Dec 1 but that it was ok! I just got a packet in the mail. First deposit is due by Jan 7 so I'd assume more acceptances will go out after that date at the latest

At the interview, they said not everyone would hear back on Dec 1 but that it was ok! I just got a packet in the mail. First deposit is due by Jan 7 so I'd assume more acceptances will go out after that date at the latest
Packet for acceptance? And did you mean before that date? Not after?

Packet for acceptance? And did you mean before that date? Not after?
Got accepted via email Dec 1, just got a large envelope in the mail today with a few papers about how to make the first deposit, etc. No I meant after. Once they figure out X number of people didn't put down the deposit, those people will lose their seat in the class and it will go to someone else

Anyone know when they will send out more interview invites? I submitted my app way late but received a supplemental about a month or 2 ago. All the waiting is driving me nuts

I got accepted :soexcited:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know when they will send out more interview invites? I submitted my app way late but received a supplemental about a month or 2 ago. All the waiting is driving me nuts
I've had my supplemental submitted for 3 months today, there's no method to the madness. That's what I keep telling myself at least haha

Everybody here posting their amazing scores they got in the DAT and I'm here like.. I got AA19 /TS20/ Reading17/Math17/PA21 lol ohh well I got accepted :soexcited:
sounds like you had a great GPA then.

Does anyone who has interviewed have any advice on what questions they like to ask?
I've gone through the SDN interview feedback page but the responses are mostly from way back in 2013. :shy:

Got accepted on Tuesday at 11 am :) my first choice. I almost cried in the middle of class

When do we receive the packet tho? only got an email for the offer but somehow I did not a post mail

When do we receive the packet tho? only got an email for the offer but somehow I did not a post mail
Got mine on Thursday in Pennsylvania. Maybe it depends how far you live/how slow your mail is. It came to my current (not permanent) address

Congrats all! we should make a Facebook page!

Does anyone who has interviewed have any advice on what questions they like to ask?
I've gone through the SDN interview feedback page but the responses are mostly from way back in 2013. :shy:
Did anyone respond to this?

Did anyone respond to this?
Ya in a PM. Basically, you interview with one faculty member and a D4 (I think) student. I was asked basic questions (Why Maryland?) and then we had a pleasant conversation. I forget what it was about.

It was actually quite similar to feedback from the past couple of years. Ethical situation and how you dealt with it, where you see yourself in X years, where else you applied, why Maryland, pretty straightforward.
Somehow I ended up in a nice conversation (read: ramble) about my pets :happy:

Does anyone know what the chances of acceptance are for post-Dec 1 interviews?