The Official Match Day Outcome Thread: Where are you going?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted87716

Today's the day! Share your news here. :luck: :hardy:

Members don't see this ad.

IMG, Univ of Nebraska, my number one.

Members don't see this ad :)
San Antonio, my #1 :D

Thanks for all you advices!

My #1, but not our #:(

Still, I think it was meant to be. MCW CSM

Scripps Mercy Chula Vista in San Diego, CA (my #1) - congratulations everyone!

U of Buffalo, which was my #1. However there was an internal match and I didn't end up at the outpatient clinic i wanted.

Ah ya! Mayo scottsdale, SO Happy!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm heading off to Greensboro, North Carolina - Moses Cone!

University of Vermont

Swedish Medical Center in Seattle--my #1!!!!:D

just curious..did anyone match in Austin family medicine?

My # 1.......BAYLOR :):)

Thanks for all the advices!!!

Williamsport, PA my #1!! WooHoooo.....I am house hunting there this week!! What FUN!!!! I'm glad I watched lots of HGTV!! hehehe
:)

Williamsport, PA my #1!! WooHoooo.....I am house hunting there this week!! What FUN!!!! I'm glad I watched lots of HGTV!! hehehe

Haha- All I have learned about buying a house comes from HGTV's HouseHunters! They make it look so easy. You find a realtor, they show you 3 houses to choose from, and you pick one. Then the offer always goes through quickly and you move in and live happily ever after. That's how it works, right? ;)

So far we have seen 14 houses and we have have 3 possibilities but 1 we truely like so far...we are going to see 5 more this afternoon too......

sorry to burst your bubble but it is NOT like house hunters.....my bubble was burst very quickly. But my husband and I are having fun and I really enjoy the experience...keep an open mind and you'll have fun and still smile and like your sig other when all is said and done!

Has anyone heard from the program they matched at. I e-mailed my PD and he wrote back and said we had a great intern class. I am wondering when programs send who you matched with, contracts, when the start date is etc. Has anyone else recieved this stuff?

call and ask...that's what I did.....I knew most of them from 2nd look weekend....it's pretty nice knowing them before you start!!

So far we have seen 14 houses and we have have 3 possibilities but 1 we truely like so far...we are going to see 5 more this afternoon too......

sorry to burst your bubble but it is NOT like house hunters.....my bubble was burst very quickly. But my husband and I are having fun and I really enjoy the experience...keep an open mind and you'll have fun and still smile and like your sig other when all is said and done!

This is pretty fun. We're both newbies to home buying. But my sister lives where we matched and she's on house number two so we have some insight from them. We started with about 15 from the net, then drove around and looked at them, ended up finding some more we liked. Then we each ranked the houses and combined 'ranks' to get our top five. We're going to see four of them this Sunday.

I think I'm more nervous about this then I was for the match!

House shopping has hijacked this thread. Maybe time for a new home buying one.

What happened to FB? I'm just applying to medical school, but I'm very interested in family medicine, so I'm lurking this forum a lot. I was rooting for him the whole time.

I looked at about 40 houses (yes, inside and all) between two trips to Quincy, IL. We offered after the first trip, but it needed all kinds of big ticket items so we backed out. We had our 2nd choice inspected, and it had mold in the crawl space. So we made the 2nd trip and increased our price range and have an offer and acceptance on a third house, but can't move until May because the people haven't found a house yet :( So much for trying to get this out of the way early!

Between the first and second visits, I have either been inside, or driven by, EVERY SINGLE HOUSE in the price range of 80,000 to 140,000 in Quincy Illinois!!

Naval Hospital, Puget Sound Family Medicine Program, Bremerton, WA...#1!

Since I'm in the Navy, I knew back in December, but I feel the need to contribute to this forum...

I looked at about 40 houses (yes, inside and all) between two trips to Quincy, IL. We offered after the first trip, but it needed all kinds of big ticket items so we backed out. We had our 2nd choice inspected, and it had mold in the crawl space. So we made the 2nd trip and increased our price range and have an offer and acceptance on a third house, but can't move until May because the people haven't found a house yet :( So much for trying to get this out of the way early!

Between the first and second visits, I have either been inside, or driven by, EVERY SINGLE HOUSE in the price range of 80,000 to 140,000 in Quincy Illinois!!

Not to hijack...but I just wanted to say I do feel your pain...but there is hope: our offer was accepted today!! :D It all happened very quickly, but it's perfect for us, a great price, a great neighborhood, and 3 blocks from the hospital.

May you all have such good luck! :luck:

Happy househunting!

Just wanted to let everyone know that's house hunting that there are physician loans available. They are great b/c no money down and no PMI. Google physician loans to see the different companies. This is the one I liked.
www.physicianloans.com They are real nice and not pushy just give you appropriate info.

Just wanted to let everyone know that's house hunting that there are physician loans available. They are great b/c no money down and no PMI. Google physician loans to see the different companies. This is the one I liked.
www.physicianloans.com They are real nice and not pushy just give you appropriate info.

Good stuff......We were referred by a friend a few weeks ago. Great service. AND!!!! We put in an offer on a house! Looks promising. The sticking point may be the move in date but that could be a bargaining chip for us. I'm so excited I'm nervous!

Good stuff......We were referred by a friend a few weeks ago. Great service. AND!!!! We put in an offer on a house! Looks promising. The sticking point may be the move in date but that could be a bargaining chip for us. I'm so excited I'm nervous!

:clap:

headed to Indy at IU:thumbup:

who else is going?

We got the house!!!!!!!! They stuck to their date so we stuck with our offer....it worked! Now the search for stuff to fill the house begins.

Congrats! Things are moving along slowly for us--have a contract in progress, offer accepted, but it's a HUD home, so it's moving twice as slow as a normal sale. Gotta love the government.

At the risk of this thread being moved to the money forum (be nice kent :scared: ), how early in your fourth year can you get these loans? For example, you graduate in May...how early can you get the loan (Feb, March?)? Thanks

Socialized medicine anyone?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Yes, another shining example of the government's inefficiency! Our first house, we went through the VA loan process. It was quite the bureaucratic goat-rope. I can only imagine what getting reimbursed for providing healthcare would be like.

At the risk of this thread being moved to the money forum (be nice kent :scared: ), how early in your fourth year can you get these loans? For example, you graduate in May...how early can you get the loan (Feb, March?)? Thanks

:hijacked:

J/K

Not completely sure, however if you get financed earlier on like between january to march the will give you some $$!! I think the big question is can you get a loan early and then hold off payments till you start drawing a salary in July, have to ask the lender. Probably not much help with your question. I would talk to the lenders they can answer those questions. OK back to the original post.

Memorial - South Bend, IN