-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
The Official May 17, 2014 MCAT Thread
Started by oobie
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
i gave up worrying, i'm prepared for the worst. Seriously, the absolute worst thing that can happen is I'll have to take it again. I already sent my application in, so there's really nothing I can do about it :/
i gave up worrying, i'm prepared for the worst. Seriously, the absolute worst thing that can happen is I'll have to take it again. I already sent my application in, so there's really nothing I can do about it :/
Yes me too. I'm going to work out, run errands. Then at the end of the day come back and blow up my computer!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good luck guys!!! I hope you all did better than you thought you would and as well as you wanted!!!
trying to stay busy at research. good luck today everyone.
Just remember score is what it is. Worrying about it won't change anything, you already took the exam. Worse that will happen is retaking it. (actually having to wait again would probably be worse but studying is fine).
Just remember score is what it is. Worrying about it won't change anything, you already took the exam. Worse that will happen is retaking it. (actually having to wait again would probably be worse but studying is fine).
Do y'all think it's going to be like AAMC 11 score conversion?
Good luck guys, remember, today is just another day.
So I had three different dreams about three different exam scores. 23 on the first one (8/6/9)), 32 on the second one (average scores on each), and 35 on the last (15/5/15). Then I started freaking out on that 35 because of that 5.... Oh well, as you guys said, the worst that could happen is us taking it again.
Just wanted to chime in and say good luck ! Remember that you are not alone and we are in this together... MCAT is just another test, worst case scenario you retake it, no matter what happens today you will all be great future docs!
So I had three different dreams about three different exam scores. 23 on the first one (8/6/9)), 32 on the second one (average scores on each), and 35 on the last (15/5/15). Then I started freaking out on that 35 because of that 5.... Oh well, as you guys said, the worst that could happen is us taking it again.
I had a bizarre dream where I each section was out of 45 and I only scored a 38 out of 135. Lol.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do they almost always come out 30 days after at 5 pm est?
Score release dates, according to test date:
https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/mcat/reserving/355164/scorereleaseschedule.html
This made me check. But it was still emptyI think usually the scores come out a few hours earlier than 5pm est.
Do they almost always come out 30 days after at 5 pm est?
From the pattern I have seen, the scores are almost always released on the 5th tuesday after your test day. Usually between 3:00 Pm and 5:00 PM.
I had a bizarre dream where I each section was out of 45 and I only scored a 38 out of 135. Lol.
I couldn't even fall asleep last night. I have been having this weird recurring dream that I scored less than a 20 (17 specifically) on the MCAT. Scared as hell! Good luck to y'all and everyone on this thread!
I'm at work right now and I can't focus on anything for more than a few minutes. Ugh... Hopefully it isn't so bad where I break down and cry in front of all my co-workers. That would SUCK
Good luck everyone
Good luck everyone
I couldn't even fall asleep last night. I have been having this weird recurring dream that I scored less than a 20 (17 specifically) on the MCAT. Scared as hell! Good luck to y'all and everyone on this thread!
I've been having a similar dream where I consistently score a 15

Hey everyone. I was in your shoes last week, so I'm wishing you all the best of luck. Good score or not, at least you'll know instead of being in that 1-month limbo of uncertainty. Hang in there!
For those wondering, our scores came out at roughly ~12:08-12:10 PM pacific (3:08-3:10 EST).
For those wondering, our scores came out at roughly ~12:08-12:10 PM pacific (3:08-3:10 EST).
My heart is beating so fast. I told my sister to look first lol
I think they just release them via their twitter feed. Either way, you'll know that they've been released based on an explosion of activity in this thread!we get an email saying the scores are posted, right?
very trueI think they just release them via their twitter feed. Either way, you'll know that they've been released based on an explosion of activity in this thread!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been having a similar dream where I consistently score a 15![]()
haha I hope you do...in each section that is 🙂. That would be awesome 😀 🙂
Haha, that is exactly what I have been doing for the past couple hours!so what is everyone doing besides refreshing here/ score check page to keep themselves occupied?
I've been lurking for a while. So nervous, the day of the exam I had a dream I scored a 15 (5/5/5). Best of luck to all of us!
That would be the biggest miracle EVER ohmygodhaha I hope you do...in each section that is 🙂. That would be awesome 😀 🙂
3:09 is my guess for when the scores come out
Test Date: 5/17/2014
AAMC Average: 33
Post-test expected score: 32
Actual Score: 33 (10/11/12)
Comments: Overall I'm very happy. I had to retake the test since my scores were older than 3 years. First go-round I got 10/12/11, so I dropped in VR and improved in BS. But I was able to match my old score. Hooray!!!!
AAMC Average: 33
Post-test expected score: 32
Actual Score: 33 (10/11/12)
Comments: Overall I'm very happy. I had to retake the test since my scores were older than 3 years. First go-round I got 10/12/11, so I dropped in VR and improved in BS. But I was able to match my old score. Hooray!!!!
Test Date: 5/17/2014
AAMC Average: 31 on AAMC 9 & 10
Post-test expected score: 31 (I dreamt I got a 31 too)
Actual Score: 31
Comments: Expected, but still really disappointed. I was stupidly hoping for a miracle of some sort. Hopefully it's enough to stay in California. Good luck, guys.
AAMC Average: 31 on AAMC 9 & 10
Post-test expected score: 31 (I dreamt I got a 31 too)
Actual Score: 31
Comments: Expected, but still really disappointed. I was stupidly hoping for a miracle of some sort. Hopefully it's enough to stay in California. Good luck, guys.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Test Date: 5/17/14
AAMC Average: 35
Post-test expected score: 27-32
Actual Score: 31
I have to say I am pretty disappointed; coming out of the test I felt horrible, but after reading some of the other blogs I was hopeful that I might have done better than I thought. Considering I was scoring anywhere from 34 - 38 on the practice exams, I think I will be retaking this. Does anyone think that a late July/early August retake is too late?
AAMC Average: 35
Post-test expected score: 27-32
Actual Score: 31
I have to say I am pretty disappointed; coming out of the test I felt horrible, but after reading some of the other blogs I was hopeful that I might have done better than I thought. Considering I was scoring anywhere from 34 - 38 on the practice exams, I think I will be retaking this. Does anyone think that a late July/early August retake is too late?
30 (11/09/10) ... really did not see this coming (11 on PS when I knew I ****ed up at least 4-5 questions ... was expecting lower), 09 in VR ... well, I guess I saw this coming ... kept yawning and passages were really not suiting me ... and 10 in BS was not expected ... I felt really good coming out of BS 🙁
This was a retake, and score went down from 31 --> 30 ... hopefully it doesn't affect me much, but I suppose now I sit at a 30.5 MCAT
This was a retake, and score went down from 31 --> 30 ... hopefully it doesn't affect me much, but I suppose now I sit at a 30.5 MCAT
Test Date: 5/17/14
AAMC Average: 27 - 28 (trending upwards. I got a 29 and 30 on my last two)
Post-test expected score: 30 - 32
Actual Score: 28 (10/7/11) Goddamnit!
Comments: I felt great about the PS, a little less about BS. Thoroughly surprised that I did worse on PS than BS (as I always did better on PS in the practice tests). Expected a bit higher on verbal (at least an 8). Oh well. Debating a retake, possibly thinking of postponing my application by a year. But idk what to do in a gap year... maybe ER scribe?
AAMC Average: 27 - 28 (trending upwards. I got a 29 and 30 on my last two)
Post-test expected score: 30 - 32
Actual Score: 28 (10/7/11) Goddamnit!
Comments: I felt great about the PS, a little less about BS. Thoroughly surprised that I did worse on PS than BS (as I always did better on PS in the practice tests). Expected a bit higher on verbal (at least an 8). Oh well. Debating a retake, possibly thinking of postponing my application by a year. But idk what to do in a gap year... maybe ER scribe?
Similar threads
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
E
