-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
The Official May 8, 2014 MCAT thread
Started by southpawcannon
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
THE CAT IS ALIVE!
Test Date: 5/8/14
AAMC Average: 24
Post-test expected score: 30-33 (Right before the scores were released, I had a nagging feeling I got 27 or 28.)
Actual Score: 31 (11/11/09)
Comments: I had to teach myself the second semesters of Bio and Orgo because I haven't taken them yet. All-in-all, I am relieved that I scored in the 30's.
Wow, AAMC average to actual score a jump of 7 points! That's amazing! Why do you think you expected such a higher score than your averages? Did you just feel really good about the test afterwards? My average right now is a 29 for AAMC tests, and my goal is at least a 30. I take it friday and have AAMC 11 left to take tomorrow. You definitely gave me hope for average score improvement on the real deal!
Test Date: 5/8/14
AAMC Average: 25.5 (started out really low but my final two were both 29's)
Post-test expected score: 24
Actual Score: 29 (11-8-10)
Comments: Super excited about the 11 in PS, which is a 4 point improvement from last year PS! Also this is a 7 point improvement from last year so I am ecstatic for the 29! 🙂
AAMC Average: 25.5 (started out really low but my final two were both 29's)
Post-test expected score: 24
Actual Score: 29 (11-8-10)
Comments: Super excited about the 11 in PS, which is a 4 point improvement from last year PS! Also this is a 7 point improvement from last year so I am ecstatic for the 29! 🙂
Lol because it is a second language for me that's why I struggle so much with verbal so I was just wondering haha
Nah, I'm just stupid 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Time to give it up? I've done the best I can, never scored this low on a practice exam, usually always over a 24...
First Time I took it I got a 21, now I got a 22 today with the same PS and BS score (8) and just one point improved in VR (5 to 6)...
I cannot overcome the obstacle this test is no matter what I do to study... this one has just shattered my drive and will. I mean, I've always sucked on standardized exams since I was young, with the state exams, ACT, etc., but this I had confidence I would do well the second time around.
First Time I took it I got a 21, now I got a 22 today with the same PS and BS score (8) and just one point improved in VR (5 to 6)...
I cannot overcome the obstacle this test is no matter what I do to study... this one has just shattered my drive and will. I mean, I've always sucked on standardized exams since I was young, with the state exams, ACT, etc., but this I had confidence I would do well the second time around.
Guys who didn't do well ... read this! .. don't bother reading the article .. just read the comment by "Boston Physician"
http://blogs.wsj.com/health/2010/05/27/do-mcat-scores-predict-med-school-licensing-exam-results/
http://blogs.wsj.com/health/2010/05/27/do-mcat-scores-predict-med-school-licensing-exam-results/
Posted my study books on ebay and they sold in less than an hour, feels good to rid that hideous site from my bedroom!
Posted my study books on ebay and they sold in less than an hour, feels good to rid that hideous site from my bedroom!
I need to get on that... after I submit my apps.
Wow, AAMC average to actual score a jump of 7 points! That's amazing! Why do you think you expected such a higher score than your averages? Did you just feel really good about the test afterwards? My average right now is a 29 for AAMC tests, and my goal is at least a 30. I take it friday and have AAMC 11 left to take tomorrow. You definitely gave me hope for average score improvement on the real deal!
I should've elaborated on that. I took one free AAMC practice test (24), so n=1 is not a good representative sample. The other two practice exams were Kaplan (30 & 32). When I took the AAMC practice exam, I did so without having any courses in Bio or Orgo at all. I also took that practice test under the influence of CH3CH2OH, while the temperature in the room was similar to a Borg Cube, and with no scratch paper. I wanted to do so under the most inhospitable conditions to establish my lowest possible score (09/10/05).
Test Date: 5/8/14
AAMC Average: 31-37
Post-test expected score: 27-34
Actual Score: 31 (09/11/11)
Comments: I wish that there was some sort of flag for awful MCATs. If the guy who guesses on half the PS does better than those who thought about it, that's kinda sad. That PS was a ridiculous mess though, the "curve" must have been realy dumb.Cheers to you though, man! I just hope this and my 3.8 GPA and app will be enough to get me a TX school. I don't think I'll be retaking.
I honestly did guess on most of the PS. Not most sorry. But flagged at least 15 questions My PS average was high going in so I should say they were educated guesses, not blind guesses. Don't want to mislead anyone
First post on here. I found this forum when, like everyone else, I needed some reassurance that I wasn't the only one who thought the PS was absolutely ridiculous. You guys definitely helped so much in making the wait more bearable!
Test date: 05/08/2014
AAMC avg: 35 (33-38)
Kaplan avg: 34
Post-test expectation: 32-36 (PS: 8-11, VR: 10-12, BS: 13-15)
Actual Score: 32 (10/10/12)
Comments: First and foremost: absolutely ecstatic to be above a 30!! Just the tiniest bit disappointed to have gotten lower than any of my AAMC practice tests, and at the bottom of my expected range.
For all of you that are going to be retaking, don't be discouraged!!! This was my second MCAT. The first time I scored a TWENTY-FOUR! (08/07/09)
Test date: 05/08/2014
AAMC avg: 35 (33-38)
Kaplan avg: 34
Post-test expectation: 32-36 (PS: 8-11, VR: 10-12, BS: 13-15)
Actual Score: 32 (10/10/12)
Comments: First and foremost: absolutely ecstatic to be above a 30!! Just the tiniest bit disappointed to have gotten lower than any of my AAMC practice tests, and at the bottom of my expected range.
For all of you that are going to be retaking, don't be discouraged!!! This was my second MCAT. The first time I scored a TWENTY-FOUR! (08/07/09)
hi everyone I just made an account just to comment here, I have been keeping up with this thread since the day we took this test thought I failed it because i got zero sleep the night before. this was a retake, on which i also did not sleep at all...........😏
I spent most of my time prepping for my retake by trying to figure out ways to fall asleep on the night before my second test, but that obvs didn't work. BUT SO GLAD I CAN SAY BYE TO THIS HEINOUS TEST.
Test Date: 5/8/14
AAMC Average: wont say because reused old aamcs, two new ones aamc 9 and 10, got 31's on both
Post-test expected score: 27
Actual Score: 31 (11-11-9)
Comments: This is a huge sigh of relief because you all I took the mcat on january 25 2014 and got a 25 with 10-6-9. All my dreams basically crashed and burned in front of me and I thought it all was over, so anyone struggling out there please dont give up, you can do this. Verbal was the bane of my existence as is for everyone, but I had already been studying verbal since last summer so when I took my jan test and so my score was extremely discouraging. and I am an english major so everyone would ask me why verbal isnt my best -.-
anyway I went at it every day since january and am just really glad I must have been doing something right. Congrats to everyone who did well, BUT REGARDLESS OF SCORE I THINK ALL OF YOU WOULD BE WONDERFUL DOCTORS. 🙂
I spent most of my time prepping for my retake by trying to figure out ways to fall asleep on the night before my second test, but that obvs didn't work. BUT SO GLAD I CAN SAY BYE TO THIS HEINOUS TEST.
Test Date: 5/8/14
AAMC Average: wont say because reused old aamcs, two new ones aamc 9 and 10, got 31's on both
Post-test expected score: 27
Actual Score: 31 (11-11-9)
Comments: This is a huge sigh of relief because you all I took the mcat on january 25 2014 and got a 25 with 10-6-9. All my dreams basically crashed and burned in front of me and I thought it all was over, so anyone struggling out there please dont give up, you can do this. Verbal was the bane of my existence as is for everyone, but I had already been studying verbal since last summer so when I took my jan test and so my score was extremely discouraging. and I am an english major so everyone would ask me why verbal isnt my best -.-
anyway I went at it every day since january and am just really glad I must have been doing something right. Congrats to everyone who did well, BUT REGARDLESS OF SCORE I THINK ALL OF YOU WOULD BE WONDERFUL DOCTORS. 🙂
Test Date: 5/8/14
AAMC Average: 38
Post-test expected score: 33-39
Actual Score: 35 (12/10/13) (PS/VR/BS)
Comments: Can't be dissapointed with a 35, but it was definitely on the low end of my AAMC Practices. Blown away that I got a 12 on PS, I thought I scored a 10 walking out of the test center. Even more surprised that I got a 10 on VR. I scored 11-13 on my AAMC practices. Lowest VR score ever. It must have been a brutal curve, because those passages were very easily digestible. Time to sell those damn MCAT books.
AAMC Average: 38
Post-test expected score: 33-39
Actual Score: 35 (12/10/13) (PS/VR/BS)
Comments: Can't be dissapointed with a 35, but it was definitely on the low end of my AAMC Practices. Blown away that I got a 12 on PS, I thought I scored a 10 walking out of the test center. Even more surprised that I got a 10 on VR. I scored 11-13 on my AAMC practices. Lowest VR score ever. It must have been a brutal curve, because those passages were very easily digestible. Time to sell those damn MCAT books.
Hi all!
My score was: 11/9/10 (PS/VR/BS)
I was very surprised at the PS and VR scores-- i thought the PS, like everyone else, was horrendous-- so I'm really surprised I made an 11. the VR I thought was a disaster, but I'm very happy with a 9. The BS I thought was OK, honestly thought I did better than a 10, but I'll take it. I got my 30 so I'll be applying this year! I'm submitting my application this week.
Congrats to everyone!!!!!!! we persevered

we survived the may 8th 2014 PS mcat!!!!!!!!!
My score was: 11/9/10 (PS/VR/BS)
I was very surprised at the PS and VR scores-- i thought the PS, like everyone else, was horrendous-- so I'm really surprised I made an 11. the VR I thought was a disaster, but I'm very happy with a 9. The BS I thought was OK, honestly thought I did better than a 10, but I'll take it. I got my 30 so I'll be applying this year! I'm submitting my application this week.
Congrats to everyone!!!!!!! we persevered


we survived the may 8th 2014 PS mcat!!!!!!!!!

st George?Haha yeah. I'm already drunk... So frustrated. I really didn't want to retake.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So here's what I'm thinking as I fall asleep after this crazy, exhausting day. I scored a 38, well above my average, and I am equally bewildered, thankful, and lucky. But at the same time, I see all these people, folks I somehow know are brilliant, empathetic, caring people score low on this 3.3 hour test and I can't help but think it's doing way too much useless harm.
1) All you guys retaking will work your butts off and improve, and you know it deep down so much more than I do.
2) We will all be tested again in life (even those who scored a 45) and cliché as it may be, it really is how you fight back up that defines you.
It was an honor reading y'all's input on this thread every day. Kept me sane and my heart up. You are all gonna succeed, ESPECIALLY those who scored lower than they wanted today. Just through a slightly altered road.
I've now got a great MCAT score, but still have an atrociously, shamefully low GPA to repair. It's gonna be so much fu**ing work, time, and money, but I'm ready because I want what's waiting on that other side more than anything.
Let's fight back up.
1) All you guys retaking will work your butts off and improve, and you know it deep down so much more than I do.
2) We will all be tested again in life (even those who scored a 45) and cliché as it may be, it really is how you fight back up that defines you.
It was an honor reading y'all's input on this thread every day. Kept me sane and my heart up. You are all gonna succeed, ESPECIALLY those who scored lower than they wanted today. Just through a slightly altered road.
I've now got a great MCAT score, but still have an atrociously, shamefully low GPA to repair. It's gonna be so much fu**ing work, time, and money, but I'm ready because I want what's waiting on that other side more than anything.
Let's fight back up.
Last edited:
Test Date: 5/8/14
AAMC Average: Didn't take any - Kaplan average was about a 38
Post-test expected score: No clue - worried as low as the 20s, hoped as high as the high 30s
Actual Score: 40 (13VR-14PS-13BS)
Comments: Very pleased with the outcome. I am a non-trad applicant in the military and don't have any research and only have one semester of college bio though, so I needed a strong score to outweigh my shortcomings. I am unsure if schools will take a serious look at me when I am still completing all of my biology prerequisites this Fall. Hope so!
AAMC Average: Didn't take any - Kaplan average was about a 38
Post-test expected score: No clue - worried as low as the 20s, hoped as high as the high 30s
Actual Score: 40 (13VR-14PS-13BS)
Comments: Very pleased with the outcome. I am a non-trad applicant in the military and don't have any research and only have one semester of college bio though, so I needed a strong score to outweigh my shortcomings. I am unsure if schools will take a serious look at me when I am still completing all of my biology prerequisites this Fall. Hope so!
st George?
Huh?
This has been a magnificent thread to read and contribute to. I didn't get the score that I wanted (29, I wish I had hit 30) but I am keeping it and applying. I took the MCAT twice previously last year and this was my last shot (both 25s). Hopefully we will all look back at our scores and past experiences and laugh as physicians
Hey guys, this really has been an awesome thread to lurk on.
Test Date: 5/8/14
AAMC Average: 30
Post-test expected score: 24-29
Actual Score: 26 (8VR-9PS-9BS)
Comments: First time taking the exam. Basically got raped by PS and BS. Never scored below a 10 on either sciences on the AAMCs... An 8 in verbal is expected for me.
I would really appreciate some advice on whether or not to retake.
This is my post in the "What are my chances?" forum: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/chances-biomed-engineering-cgpa-4-0-sgpa-4-0-26-mcat.1077772/
Thanks a lot and congrats to those that got the score they wanted!!
Test Date: 5/8/14
AAMC Average: 30
Post-test expected score: 24-29
Actual Score: 26 (8VR-9PS-9BS)
Comments: First time taking the exam. Basically got raped by PS and BS. Never scored below a 10 on either sciences on the AAMCs... An 8 in verbal is expected for me.
I would really appreciate some advice on whether or not to retake.
This is my post in the "What are my chances?" forum: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/chances-biomed-engineering-cgpa-4-0-sgpa-4-0-26-mcat.1077772/
Thanks a lot and congrats to those that got the score they wanted!!
st GeorgeHey guys, this really has been an awesome thread to lurk on.
Test Date: 5/8/14
AAMC Average: 30
Post-test expected score: 24-29
Actual Score: 26 (8VR-9PS-9BS)
Comments: First time taking the exam. Basically got raped by PS and BS. Never scored below a 10 on either sciences on the AAMCs... An 8 in verbal is expected for me.
I would really appreciate some advice on whether or not to retake.
This is my post in the "What are my chances?" forum: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/chances-biomed-engineering-cgpa-4-0-sgpa-4-0-26-mcat.1077772/
Thanks a lot and congrats to those that got the score they wanted!!
st George
That was a rather blunt, kind of rude, response, but all feedback is welcome I suppose. Thank you for your input 🙂
Test Date: 5/8/14
AAMC Average: 33.75
Post-test expected score: 26-32
Actual Score: 35 (13VR-10PS-12BS)
Comments: Really thought that PS section had killed my chances of getting a good score. More than happy with my score and just glad to see all double digits. Happy to be drinking in celebration tonight, could have easily gone another way
AAMC Average: 33.75
Post-test expected score: 26-32
Actual Score: 35 (13VR-10PS-12BS)
Comments: Really thought that PS section had killed my chances of getting a good score. More than happy with my score and just glad to see all double digits. Happy to be drinking in celebration tonight, could have easily gone another way
That was a rather blunt, kind of rude, response, but all feedback is welcome I suppose. Thank you for your input 🙂
I was initially reluctant to get back in the studying ring. If you feel that you can and will improve, then retake it. If you don't mind going DO, then you pretty much have a shot at every school with that 4.0.
Should I just give up!!!
There is no hope for me!!!!
P/V/B ==> 7/6/6 (19) ... I have no idea why I got a 6 in BS ... I've NEVER scored below an 8 in BS & my average was ~9 .. no clue what happened ... there is no hope for me to be a doctor .. I'm 100% sure I will be a great neurosurgeon that will make a difference in medicine, yet, I will never be given the opportunity because I don't know the relationship between Human retina the diameter of the moon!
Don't fret, I too had a really strange occurrence of events that is making me scratch my head.
Beginning of practice: 5/7/8
Right before May 8th: 6/7/7
Actual: 7/9/...4
I have no idea what the bloody hell happened. I'm obviously retaking for the 21st and am currently standing on:
7/10/10
I have no idea what my deal is. I swear I'm smart. I've even been taking 12's lately for EK bio sections.
/roflcopter
*edit*
Any advice number crunchers? At all? I just need a 25+
AAMC Average: 30(one test untimed)
Expeted: 28
Actual: 33 (10/12/11)
Comments: pretty excited, had alot of family issues while studying that kept me from getting much studying in. Glad to put this behind me and move on with my life.
Expeted: 28
Actual: 33 (10/12/11)
Comments: pretty excited, had alot of family issues while studying that kept me from getting much studying in. Glad to put this behind me and move on with my life.
I'm really proud of what you accomplished and also respect you a lot for this post. Congratulations! It is great to see someone who struggled along with us and made jokes to lighten the mood since 5/8 has succeeded. I'm truly happy for you. Best of luck with everything else!!So here's what I'm thinking as I fall asleep after this crazy, exhausting day. I scored a 38, well above my average, and I am equally bewildered, thankful, and lucky. But at the same time, I see all these people, folks I somehow know are brilliant, empathetic, caring people score low on this 3.3 hour test and I can't help but think it's doing way too much useless harm.
1) All you guys retaking will work your butts off and improve, and you know it deep down so much more than I do.
2) We will all be tested again in life (even those who scored a 45) and cliché as it may be, it really is how you fight back up that defines you.
It was an honor reading y'all's input on this thread every day. Kept me sane and my heart up. You are all gonna succeed, ESPECIALLY those who scored lower than they wanted today. Just through a slightly altered road.
I've now got a great MCAT score, but still have an atrociously, shamefully low GPA to repair. It's gonna be so much fu**ing work, time, and money, but I'm ready because I want what's waiting on that other side more than anything.
Let's fight back up.
Whats your deal? These people just got their scores back and some of them are really disappointed. Do you really think it's the right time to crack a joke about going to the Carribean?st George
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know some schools would filter out the 8's but what about 9's?
You have a chance for DO schools and you may have an outside chance to get into your in State schools if you live in a favorable state.Hey guys, this really has been an awesome thread to lurk on.
Test Date: 5/8/14
AAMC Average: 30
Post-test expected score: 24-29
Actual Score: 26 (8VR-9PS-9BS)
Comments: First time taking the exam. Basically got raped by PS and BS. Never scored below a 10 on either sciences on the AAMCs... An 8 in verbal is expected for me.
I would really appreciate some advice on whether or not to retake.
This is my post in the "What are my chances?" forum: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/chances-biomed-engineering-cgpa-4-0-sgpa-4-0-26-mcat.1077772/
Thanks a lot and congrats to those that got the score they wanted!!
I know some schools would filter out the 8's but what about 9's?
Schools usually don't even filter out 8's unless a 9 is their <10% percentile. You'll be more than fine with a 9, especially with a score 30+.
Who's retaking July 12?
Couldn't find a spot for July 12, so I signed up for July 24. I wish I could have signed up for 12, though.
Can anybody explain how I guessed flat out on some 15 questions on PS and half-assed the rest and ended up with 11 on it? Whereas I was pretty confident I did well in BS and VR, and ended up with mediocre 8 on each. I'm not even sure what to target for the July 24 retake. Mind you, I have never scored lower than 10 on BS and VR.
I feel like God's own middle finger came down from the sky and jabbed me in the face.
I feel like God's own middle finger came down from the sky and jabbed me in the face.
N
Nblufire12
Test Date: 5/8/14
AAMC Scores:
FL3: 26 (7/9/10)
FL4: 25 (7/9/9)
FL5: 24 (10/6/8)
FL6: -
FL7: 30 (10/10/10) took at 4am
FL8: 8 PS 10 BS, didn't do verbal
FL9: -
FL10: 25 (8/8/9)
FL11: 26 (10/6/10)
Average: 26 (8.6/8/9.3)
Post-test expected score: 24-27
Actual Score: 29 (10 / 8 / 11)
Comments: Been a long time stalker, first real post. I've been reading every page of this thread! I'm pretty surprised by this score. I have a pretty high GPA, 3.86c, 3.84s, and a well rounded app. I don't think I'm going to retake and I'll settle for this score. It wasn't wise to study for the MCAT and take a normal credit load of classes. I was taking mam phys and developmental biology along with some other classes so it wasn't cake. I took a Kaplan course as well but it didn't help much. The online materials did, however. I really only studied from March till the day before my test date (May 8) so I can't complain. I started pretty decent in verbal, around 9-10 on the kaplan FLs but maybe I burned out on AAMC FLs and the EK101 passages. I plan to apply broadly to mid to low tier MDs with a couple reaches, why not. Almost done my application and will submit soon. Like I said, surprised by this score. I guessed on so many questions. I was surprised by everyone saying PS was crazy, maybe I'm so ignorant that I didn't notice. Verbal was tough for me, way longer passages than the AAMC and Kaplan FLs but EK101 was a good representation of it. I only finished 25% of EK101 though so I regret that. Bio I thought I guessed a lot as well and the passages were long. I wish there was more orgo! Kinda disappointed in an 8 in verbal because a 9 would have brought me to a 30 but I shouldn't be complaining after 2 months of "studying."
AAMC Scores:
FL3: 26 (7/9/10)
FL4: 25 (7/9/9)
FL5: 24 (10/6/8)
FL6: -
FL7: 30 (10/10/10) took at 4am
FL8: 8 PS 10 BS, didn't do verbal
FL9: -
FL10: 25 (8/8/9)
FL11: 26 (10/6/10)
Average: 26 (8.6/8/9.3)
Post-test expected score: 24-27
Actual Score: 29 (10 / 8 / 11)
Comments: Been a long time stalker, first real post. I've been reading every page of this thread! I'm pretty surprised by this score. I have a pretty high GPA, 3.86c, 3.84s, and a well rounded app. I don't think I'm going to retake and I'll settle for this score. It wasn't wise to study for the MCAT and take a normal credit load of classes. I was taking mam phys and developmental biology along with some other classes so it wasn't cake. I took a Kaplan course as well but it didn't help much. The online materials did, however. I really only studied from March till the day before my test date (May 8) so I can't complain. I started pretty decent in verbal, around 9-10 on the kaplan FLs but maybe I burned out on AAMC FLs and the EK101 passages. I plan to apply broadly to mid to low tier MDs with a couple reaches, why not. Almost done my application and will submit soon. Like I said, surprised by this score. I guessed on so many questions. I was surprised by everyone saying PS was crazy, maybe I'm so ignorant that I didn't notice. Verbal was tough for me, way longer passages than the AAMC and Kaplan FLs but EK101 was a good representation of it. I only finished 25% of EK101 though so I regret that. Bio I thought I guessed a lot as well and the passages were long. I wish there was more orgo! Kinda disappointed in an 8 in verbal because a 9 would have brought me to a 30 but I shouldn't be complaining after 2 months of "studying."
How are you re-studying?Couldn't find a spot for July 12, so I signed up for July 24. I wish I could have signed up for 12, though.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey guys and gals, June 5th MCATer here. First of all, congrats to everyone who scored where they wanted to, and to everyone who missed the mark by a little: you've made it this far, you can rally and kill it next time! Don't give up!
My question is, were any of you a little (or a lot) more nervous/anxious while taking the real deal as compared to the AAMC practices, and, if so, did you still fall relatively close to your average AAMC score?
Also a 6/5-er lurking here to look for some sort of reassurance that maybe, just maybe I didn't bomb as badly as I think I did. Was anyone super sleep deprived / tired on test day and still ended up with a satisfactory score?
This thread is so positive and I wish all you hard working, reasonable people luck on your medical journeys!
Whats your deal? These people just got their scores back and some of them are really disappointed. Do you really think it's the right time to crack a joke about going to the Carribean?
@heat98989 does a great job of displaying his stupidity
Test Date: 5/8/14
AAMC Average: 29
Post-test expected score: 26-28
Actual Score: 28 (9VR-10PS-9BS)
Comments: This was my second attempt. Felt horrible after taking the PS section, but it ended up being my highest score (there was probably a massive curve for this section).
I'm not sure if this score is competitive enough. I have a 4.0 and several EC's. Do I have a fair shot at an MD acceptance?
AAMC Average: 29
Post-test expected score: 26-28
Actual Score: 28 (9VR-10PS-9BS)
Comments: This was my second attempt. Felt horrible after taking the PS section, but it ended up being my highest score (there was probably a massive curve for this section).
I'm not sure if this score is competitive enough. I have a 4.0 and several EC's. Do I have a fair shot at an MD acceptance?
State?Test Date: 5/8/14
AAMC Average: 29
Post-test expected score: 26-28
Actual Score: 28 (9VR-10PS-9BS)
Comments: This was my second attempt. Felt horrible after taking the PS section, but it ended up being my highest score (there was probably a massive curve for this section).
I'm not sure if this score is competitive enough. I have a 4.0 and several EC's. Do I have a fair shot at an MD acceptance?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Test Date: 5/8/14
AAMC Average: 29
Post-test expected score: 26-28
Actual Score: 28 (9VR-10PS-9BS)
Comments: This was my second attempt. Felt horrible after taking the PS section, but it ended up being my highest score (there was probably a massive curve for this section).
I'm not sure if this score is competitive enough. I have a 4.0 and several EC's. Do I have a fair shot at an MD acceptance?
how much of an improvement is this score from first attempt? I think you still have a shot in mid and low tier MD schools if everything else is good..if i were you, i would apply broadly and quickly.
Last edited:
I've noticed. I wasn't sure if it was intentional or not though lol@heat98989 does a great job of displaying his stupidity
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've noticed. I wasn't sure if it was intentional or not though lol
He has been posting the same thing over and over again, thinking he is funny...
How are you re-studying?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, I exhausted all the practice materials, including the AAMC tests. I burned through TPRH, EK, TBR, Kaplan. I only have Kaplan sectionals left so I guess I will just do problems. Content is still fresh in my mind.
After sleeping on it, decided to reschedule for the November MCAT. I will have a 30+...I will have a 30+....
I know a lot of people are saying they bombed the PS section, but did anyone feel like they scored very low (~7) but ended up doing okay?
Similar threads
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
E