*The Official MCAT June 2018 Thread*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pretty_positron

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
June 2nd, 2018 here.

81 days until the test, here.

Let's rock, brothers and sisters.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
June 16th test takers. The moment of truth is almost here!

I can't believe it's been a month, time really does fly.

I have mentally prepared myself for the absolute worst, so im not that nervous. I am getting a bit impatient tho. I feel like this weekend is going to drag on forever.

4...more...dayssss. Everyone receiving secondaries and we out here waiting for the score so we can add schoolsss ugh

Who else here was their exam such a bad version compared to the practice exams. Idk what I’m expecting it’s like either a 499 or 512 lol

Reactions: 1 user
Who else here was their exam such a bad version compared to the practice exams. Idk what I’m expecting it’s like either a 499 or 512 lol

Did you feel like you were guessing a lot on the real thing? Like how many questions would you say you guessed on in the science sections?

Are you applying to MD schools or just DO? I think you'll be fine honestly either way! As long as it's in by Labor Day

I'll probably do a 50/50 split. 10-15 each.

If I don't have to retake I'll have everything done by the end of the month.

Did you feel like you were guessing a lot on the real thing? Like how many questions would you say you guessed on in the science sections?

oh yes. for sure. it was just an unfortunate version. Guessed a lot and also had many questions that were easy but i simply either did not cover the material in content review or just had a brain fart. i made many stupid mistakes too and there is one pathetic easy question that is haunting me to this day lol. for chem/physics it was awful cuz of physics. I completely put off physics and barely studied it bc of time crunch and there were 4-6 passages of physics.

the highest i got on bio in practice was 128 until the day before exam when i took AAMC 3 and got 130 and i felt that i was doing good throughout that section in the practice test. but I did not have that confident feeling thru the real thing at all. I guessed a lot i would be surprised if i get a 127

Members don't see this ad :)
main-qimg-e8d18d589eb33b35dd476333f9524ec2-c

I feel like the AAMC must be moving at a v close to c, because as per the time dilation equation, time in my reference frame seems to be slowing...

The last month has been about 30 days of me convincing myself that I have about the same chance as getting a 495 and a 518 and anything in between. I've also had a dream where I got a 219 and then another where I got a 537.......

Legit- I have no clue what to expect tomorrow with the score release. I was aiming for a 515, but I would be happy with a 510 at this point.

Reactions: 4 users
I felt ok coming out of my 6/29 test (it was hard but not horribly hard). Now as the month is going by I'm getting more anxious and nervous about score release and I feel like I actually did horribly as each day passes by. This month long wait is excessive D:

Yeah it's weird that nowadays people don't post scores like the good old days. But I respect their decision. It's nobody's business but their own.

Congrats to those that got the scores they were hoping for.

514 here. 127 129 129 129.

I wanted into the 90th percentile so I’m very happy with the score!

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah it's weird that nowadays people don't post scores like the good old days. But I respect their decision. It's nobody's business but their own.

Congrats to those that got the scores they were hoping for.

Congrats everyone!

There did seem to be many more posts on reddit than on here. I think it's because SDN has a weird bias/vibe toward a need for high scores to even be able to get into any school. Even people with good scores (510-515) don't post because they think it isn't high enough (wrongly); people with great scores might feel like they are bragging, and people with lower scores don't want to show all the higher performers on here what they got. Reddit seems a lot more honest, and frankly more supportive of everyone posting.

Congrats everyone!

There did seem to be many more posts on reddit than on here. I think it's because SDN has a weird bias/vibe toward a need for high scores to even be able to get into any school. Even people with good scores (510-515) don't post because they think it isn't high enough (wrongly); people with great scores might feel like they are bragging, and people with lower scores don't want to show all the higher performers on here what they got. Reddit seems a lot more honest, and frankly more supportive of everyone posting.
You're right. SDN can be a toxic/competitive environment. No one should feel obligated to post their score (that's only for you to know). Frankly, I like when people post scores because I like to celebrate with them on their achievement. Good or bad I will post my score because that's what I want to do (I'm going to do my best to prepare for it). What people shouldn't do is feel that your worth is equivalent to the score you receive on the Mcat (that's just sad). It's just one of many tests we're all going to take in medical school and beyond.

I agree, it's easy to conflate self-worth with the score but it is emotionally toxic.

I found it useful to know people's scores and get a sense of their study habits and resources they used. It helped me quite a bit.

I felt ok coming out of my 6/29 test (it was hard but not horribly hard). Now as the month is going by I'm getting more anxious and nervous about score release and I feel like I actually did horribly as each day passes by. This month long wait is excessive D:
i feel the same way! the anticipation is killing me and my self confidence is deteriorating everyday omg

Congrats everyone!

i 100% agree! The ony people that really post there scores are the high scorers which leads to us thinking we arent good enough and everyone is doing well excpet for the few .... talk aout an availability bias!! lol stay strong and know you did your absolute best

Reactions: 2 users
Im a May test taker but im proud enough of my 507... I know I could have done better but I worked hard.

Reactions: 5 users
Less than a week away for scores for us June 29th test takers. I’m so nervous to see my score on Tuesday!!! I just wanna complete my apps already though!

Anyone else keep having dreams of getting their scores back? I’m so anxious... this next week is gonna be rough.

Anyone else keep having dreams of getting their scores back? I’m so anxious... this next week is gonna be rough.

anxiety has officially been kicking in. Every morning the past few days have been very rough. Once I get on with my day in the afternoon though it gets better! try to keep busy some how! Picked up a cooking habit :)

Any other 06/29 test takers experiencing the feeling that they need to know their score soon or they might explode? :scared: Based on my calculations I'm either going to get a 495 or a 513 lol

Last edited:
Anyone other 06/29 test takers experiencing the feeling that they need to know their score soon or they might explode? :scared: Based on my calculations I'm either going to get a 495 or a 513 lol

Yup, right there with you! I wanna jump out of my skin.

Good luck everyone! I was in your shoes last year (took June MCAT) and now I’m matriculating into med school soon! I still remember sobbing minutes BEFORE opening my score out of fear & anxiety. I eventually checked and was pleasantly surprised w/ a 510+ score. I felt I guessed on a lot of questions, esp for chem/phys. It was my first take & I only studied for ~2 months. My practice FLs were all 4+ pts lower than my actual, so you never know. The 2 score predictors I found online were pretty accurate for my rl score.

So everyone, I wish you the best! If I can do it, you can too! Don’t stress over your score. Even if you think you did poorly, there’s always another way in life. Good things don’t come easily — that’s why plenty of hard work WILL pay off sooner or later.

Reactions: 3 users
Same lol. My score hardly crossed my mind until 2 days ago & now it’s all I can think about.
i feel you!!! i literally will randomly start thinking about it and my heart rate increases like crazy..... not too mention i already know what it feels like to look and not get a good score (since i'm a 2nd time test taker) so it freaks me out thinking about the chances of me feeling that way again :/

Tomorrow is it guys!!!! We all did fine and everything is going to work out!!! This is what I’ve been repeating in my head all weekend as I’m preparing to see my score tomorrow. All of my secondaries are written. Tonight I’m going to go editing crazy and submit so tomorrow it’s all about the very last step in applying!!! Good luck everyone!!!!!

Just got my score! I got a 514 (129/125/129/131)!! I'm more than happy with my score, but my higher scores were the sections I wasn't confidant in (C/P & P/S) rather than the ones I was confidant in (CARS and B/B)

Just got my score! I got a 514 (129/125/129/131)!! I'm more than happy with my score, but my higher scores were the sections I wasn't confidant in (C/P & P/S) rather than the ones I was confidant in (CARS and B/B)
Congrats! Awesome score!

510 (127/127/128/128)!! Thanks for the help guys!

Also, how many points above your MCAT score would you guys recommend applying? Like could I get away with applying to schools with a median 513 MCAT?

Got a 503 on my retake 6/29. Last year I got a 504. This is technically the third time I take the test (voided the first one). I have taken it every summer 3 times in a row. I don't know what to do now.

Dude are we twins?! I got 514 (128/125/129/132) CARS was lower than expected but whatever! never taking this test again!

Also I scored like 126-127 for P/S on my full lengths (last FL 5 days before my test). Did all of UWORLD and read the 86 page document and that saveeeeeed my ass test day.

Last edited: