*** The Official MOSDOH Class of 2024 Interview Thread ***

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pubhealthdent

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all. Noticed there wasn't a thread open for MOSDOH yet so I thought I'd get it started. I'm a 2018 grad of MOSDOH and can answer any questions you may have about the school, interview process, etc.

Last year's thread: **Official MOSDOH Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Link to interview prep: A. T. Still University - Missouri School of Dentistry & Oral Health Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! 🙂


*edited by staff to include links to interview feedback & last year's thread​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have 18 AA with a 3.76 post bacc gpa with total of 16 credit hours. Competitive enough with low ugpa?
 
I have 18 AA with a 3.76 post bacc gpa with total of 16 credit hours. Competitive enough with low ugpa?

Definitely worth trying. I had classmates get in with lower. MOSDOH puts a lot of emphasis on volunteering/extracurriculars and personal statement focusing on community service, serving the underserved, etc
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there a preference given to in-state applicants? I am not sure if I should apply MOSDOH (already applying to ASDOH) with a 19AA/ 20TS and 3.29sGPA/3.39oGPA. I just completed a year of post-bacc courses and currently working as an RDA (2000+ hrs of clinical experience) and volunteered at a community dental clinic. I was able to get an LOR from the clinic's director. I am planning to retake my DAT in late August to increase my chances with other schools. Any advice/ tips would really help right now since I am debating whether I should tell other schools to hold my application for review until my new (hopefully higher) scores are in. Thanks!!
 
Is there a preference given to in-state applicants? I am not sure if I should apply MOSDOH (already applying to ASDOH) with a 19AA/ 20TS and 3.29sGPA/3.39oGPA. I just completed a year of post-bacc courses and currently working as an RDA (2000+ hrs of clinical experience) and volunteered at a community dental clinic. I was able to get an LOR from the clinic's director. I am planning to retake my DAT in late August to increase my chances with other schools. Any advice/ tips would really help right now since I am debating whether I should tell other schools to hold my application for review until my new (hopefully higher) scores are in. Thanks!!
POST BACC GPA?
 
Is there a preference given to in-state applicants? I am not sure if I should apply MOSDOH (already applying to ASDOH) with a 19AA/ 20TS and 3.29sGPA/3.39oGPA. I just completed a year of post-bacc courses and currently working as an RDA (2000+ hrs of clinical experience) and volunteered at a community dental clinic. I was able to get an LOR from the clinic's director. I am planning to retake my DAT in late August to increase my chances with other schools. Any advice/ tips would really help right now since I am debating whether I should tell other schools to hold my application for review until my new (hopefully higher) scores are in. Thanks!!

No preference given to in-state applicants. But with that being said, I would say go ahead and apply. Yes your DAT is a little on the lower side but it's not horrible. Is your post-bacc GPA better than your undergrad?
 
No preference given to in-state applicants. But with that being said, I would say go ahead and apply. Yes your DAT is a little on the lower side but it's not horrible. Is your post-bacc GPA better than your undergrad?

yes, my Post-Bacc GPA is a 3.9.
 
So I have an interview in October and I was planning on retaking the DAT at the end of this month. Do you think that this school is going to look at my new score heavily?
 
So I have an interview in October and I was planning on retaking the DAT at the end of this month. Do you think that this school is going to look at my new score heavily?


They may not even receive them by then. They will certainly take a new DAT score into consideration
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all. Noticed there wasn't a thread open for MOSDOH yet so I thought I'd get it started. I'm a 2018 grad of MOSDOH and can answer any questions you may have about the school, interview process, etc.

Last year's thread: **Official MOSDOH Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Link to interview prep: A. T. Still University - Missouri School of Dentistry & Oral Health Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! 🙂


*edited by staff to include links to interview feedback & last year's thread​

Hey man check your PM please thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Has anyone heard anything lately? Are there still any more pre-dec interviews besides the Nov. 14th date?

I believe there was a date for 11/6 also but I didn't see any dates after 11/14.


Also, does anyone know if Uber/Lyft runs in Kirksville? I've read before that it doesn't but google says it does now.
 
I believe there was a date for 11/6 also but I didn't see any dates after 11/14.


Also, does anyone know if Uber/Lyft runs in Kirksville? I've read before that it doesn't but google says it does now.

I know uber does. Not sure about Lyft. But there's only like 2 or 3 drivers right now so there can be a pretty long wait at times.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can you explain to me what is broad based community service is? Can you give me an example of one that I would want to volunteer?
 
Can you explain to me what is broad based community service is? Can you give me an example of one that I would want to volunteer?
What they probably mean by that is they want to see that you are active in multiple areas of the community. For example, I volunteered a lot at a low cost extraction clinic in a rural community and I also volunteered a few times at my local food bank. I would assume that they want you to volunteer in multiple settings both inside and outside of dentistry. MOSDOH looks heavily at the community service experience of an applicant
 
What they probably mean by that is they want to see that you are active in multiple areas of the community. For example, I volunteered a lot at a low cost extraction clinic in a rural community and I also volunteered a few times at my local food bank. I would assume that they want you to volunteer in multiple settings both inside and outside of dentistry. MOSDOH looks heavily at the community service experience of an applicant
Can you give me examples of organizations that are broad based?