*** The Official Nova Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Nova wasn't on AADSAS portal at all till last week that I got their rejection letter. They might have decided to start updating the AADSAS portal now that they are starting to make decisions about interviews, rejections, etc...

You are not alone. I just got the rejection letter from them today, too

Reactions: 1 user
You are not alone. I just got the rejection letter from them today, too
Sorry to read that... But, hey, good things are upon us! Let's stay positive! I just wonder if the other schools that we applied to can see the school decisions on our AADSAS portal... o_O

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone interviewing on Sept 11th? Also anyone who already had an interview have any advice for us?

I'm away on business but my family said a letter came in the mail from Nova... :(

Interview on 01/08/16
Notified: Via email 09/01
GPA (science, overall): 3.63, 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/19/20/no

A bit worried that I am so late in the cycle!

Last edited:
I have mine on December 2nd. Yes, when I registered for the interview there were 2 days left in December. Does anyone know if we can reschedule, if somehow a date opens up in the next month or so?

I have mine on December 2nd. Yes, when I registered for the interview there were 2 days left in December. Does anyone know if we can reschedule, if somehow a date opens up in the next month or so?
You have five days to reschedule after the first time you register for a date.

I got a call today and they said it'll take 4-6 weeks to hear back from them!
They also told me they would let me know within 4-6 weeks. For the people who got interview invites just days after the phone call; did they tell you the same thing?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow.. already in january for interviews. That's crazy tbh.

Just got the interview invite email and mine is scheduled for 1/7/16, crazy how quickly all the prior months filled up.

After I sent in my secondary I received an e-mail talking about the electronic version of my application with a pdf attached. I can't download it for some reason..(tried downloading latest version of Adobe) . Is there anything important in that pdf or is it just a copy for me of my app?

After I sent in my secondary I received an e-mail talking about the electronic version of my application with a pdf attached. I can't download it for some reason..(tried downloading latest version of Adobe) . Is there anything important in that pdf or is it just a copy for me of my app?
I couldn't download it either. I was told by other members that it's just a copy of the application.

That phone call put me through the biggest roller coaster of emotions...

Confusion: wondering who would be calling me from a 954 area code
Excitement: hearing the person is from Nova
Let down: realizing all they are doing is telling you that your application is complete

+pissed+

Last edited by a moderator:
That phone call put me through the biggest roller coaster of emotions...

Confusion: wondering who would be calling me from a 954 area code
Excitement: hearing the person is from Nova
Let down: realizing all they are doing is telling you that you're application is complete

+pissed+
Hahaha I know! I was driving on the highway blasting J. Cole when I got that call. I immediately pulled over and I thought to myself...Am I really getting an interview now? In the middle of me blasting "Wet Dreamz"??? I hung up that phone call feeling so weird..somewhat betrayed lol.

I feel you my friend. Biggest roller coaster ever.

Reactions: 2 users
I have an interview on September 30 and would like to change my Schedule to 2nd week of October due to conflicts of my schedule. If anyone has interview on 2nd week of October and would like my spot, please PM me. Thank you!!

It has been 3 weeks since my "application complete " phone call and still no decision. Anyone else in my same situation?

It has been 3 weeks since my "application complete " phone call and still no decision. Anyone else in my same situation?

Yeah, I got my application complete call on august 3rd and still nothing. I'm not sure what that means

I got an interview (I'm OOS, too) and here's how things break down for me:

Non-traditional applicant with 5 years working in business.
Original degree (2009) was Economics with a 3.0 GPA. Took the pre-req's over the past year (2 sem O-chem, 2 sem Gen Chem, 2 sem Bio, Biochem, etc.) and got a 4.0 GPA on all of them, which pulled my overall GPA up to a 3.2 (obviously, not great). Good volunteer hours and shadow hours, I founded my school's pre-dental club and serve as the president, I have been very involved with ASDA as a pre-dental... 21 AA, 21 PAT, 20 TS.

Long story short, they don't only look at GPA - if they did, my 3.2 overall wouldn't be competitive. It's a more encompassing review, I'd say.
when is your interview?

I got a late interview in January but would love to get an earlier date. If someone plans on cancelling their interview at an earlier date (especially before December 1st!), please PM me.

Just got the "application sent to review" call. I asked the lady how long until we hear back approximately. She said no idea, but if invited for an interview it would be through e-mail. Otherwise rejections are sent in the mail.
DAT: AA 19
GPA: 3.17 Post Bacc

Got an interview today :) but it's in January Should I call them to ask for an earlier interview?

Got an interview today :) but it's in January Should I call them to ask for an earlier interview?
What time did you get the e-mail?! And unfortunately a january interview is the earliest interview i believe :eek:

I called and asked about this. When I got the interview invite there was a Nov 18th date available but I went with a post Dec 1st date anyway because of conflicts with work/school. They swear up and down that it doesn't affect your chances of admission if you interview after December 1st.

#2 interview Just got my invite mine today January 22nd !!

What time did you get the e-mail?! And unfortunately a january interview is the earliest interview i believe :eek:
I got the email around 2pm. I was happy when receiving it, but the interview in January made me ...hate waiting!

Jan 22nd here ! result of applying late!

Is anyone else here going to the interview on 9/24?

There is always next time :)
Did they notify you via email? And, did you send a secondary?

Nope, got a letter in the mail. Yes, sent a secondary and received the "under review" phone call many weeks ago.

21AA/20TS/19PAT no scores under 18, ogpa: 3.67, sgpa: 3.45
Out of state (PA) 100 shadow hrs, 800+ EC/volunteering
6th batch

Geez louise you sound better than me. I wonder what the discrepancy is

21AA/20TS/19PAT no scores under 18, ogpa: 3.67, sgpa: 3.45
Out of state (PA) 100 shadow hrs, 800+ EC/volunteering
6th batch
Your scores are good. Did you call and ask why you got rejected?

Reactions: 1 users
Im looking to swap someone interview dates. I have a spot in late October and would like to switch with someone who has a pre-dec interview date (for anyone who also happens to also have a conflicting date). PM please