***The Official NYU Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Does everyone on this thread have amazing scores? I get the feeling that they are only accepting 22 and above DAT scores off the waitlist

Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
One of my friends called them this morning and they told him that they are busy with the graduation… so prbbly no news will be on this week…there may be a meeting on next week and we can expect sth after that… So… lets close this app and go back to real life for a while…

Sent from my Nexus 5 using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
One of my friends called them this morning and they told him that they are busy with the graduation… so prbbly no news will be on this week…there may be a meeting on next week and we can expect sth after that… So… lets close this app and go back to real life for a while…

thanks for the info!

Reactions: 1 user

Sigh, the NYUCD 2016 graduation is on May 26th. I guess we have to wait until June.

lol wut is this. Im also doing rutgers gsbs masters except i have 3.90 gpa lol no wonder why i havent got the acceptance yet haha cell patholgy screwed up my gpa

Which classes would you recommend taking at Rutgers GSBS (both medical/dental scholars)?

I know who you are Mr. GSBS Masters in Biomedical Sciences...... LOL... keep showing them you're interest and emphasize your GPA with them. Im sure they'll answer soon.

What do you consider to be an acceptable GPA at these SMP programs? I guess by acceptable, I mean "competitive." Some have mentioned 3.5, others have mentioned higher. What kind of GPA ranges does NYU prefer?

What do you consider to be an acceptable GPA at these SMP programs? I guess by acceptable, I mean "competitive." Some have mentioned 3.5, others have mentioned higher. What kind of GPA ranges does NYU prefer?
Honestly, it depends on various other factors. For example, did you have a low undergrad GPA? But I would consider anything above a 3.5 competitive. Although 3.7+ would be ideal.

It's a holistic process. Numbers are important obviously, but they look at the whole application.

Which classes would you recommend taking at Rutgers GSBS (both medical/dental scholars)?
Hey! I was just lurking on SDN when I came across this. I also graduated from the GSBS program at Rutgers and got into NYU off the waitlist last year. I would recommend taking: microbiology and histology with the dental students. As stated before, do not do cell pathology it's going to kill your gpa! If you need more info feel free to message me! Good luck to everyone! :)

Three days until graduation. Congratulations to the Class of 2016. Wishing everyone the best this week. Hopefully they have enough movement to accomodate all of us for the Class of 2020!

Reactions: 2 users
So people that are still waitlisted: are you planning on re-applying soon or are you just going to wait it out till NYU's classes start?

So people that are still waitlisted: are you planning on re-applying soon or are you just going to wait it out till NYU's classes start?
I'll probably reapply and get everything in ASAP contrary to this cycle. Keep in mind the class is pretty much full. Movement will be solely based on dropped seats. Considering the number of applicants on the wait list vying for those limited potential seats that may become available, it's probably best to reapply.

Better play it safe.

I was told that the movement is slow at this time. More movement will be seen in summer, especially July. But I am ready to reapply, chances are so slim now.

I was told that the movement is slow at this time. More movement will be seen in summer, especially July. But I am ready to reapply, chances are so slim now.
I would predict more ppl will be pulled out from wl… by considering touro will start on early July…

I would predict more ppl will be pulled out from wl… by considering touro will start on early July…

Im sure there will be. I'm just worried that "more" will be just a handful. I'm thinking in the single digits.

Im sure there will be. I'm just worried that "more" will be just a handful. I'm thinking in the single digits.
I personally know ppl who are accepted by touro but also on wl of nyu. If they cant hear anything from nyu by July then they have to withdraw their apps… it may not be a huge number… but still better than none

I'll probably reapply and get everything in ASAP contrary to this cycle. Keep in mind the class is pretty much full. Movement will be solely based on dropped seats. Considering the number of applicants on the wait list vying for those limited potential seats that may become available, it's probably best to reapply.

Better play it safe.
Ok. So I guess I am kind of confused about this whole re-application process. If I do reapply once the applications open, will I automatically be pulled off of the waitlist? Or will I still be kept on the waitlist until the classes start and I can still submit my application for next cycle?

Last edited:
Ok. So I guess I am kind of confused about this whole re-application process. If I do reapply once the applications open, will I automatically be pulled off of the waitlist? Or will I still be kept on the waitlist until the classes start and I can still submit my application for next cycle?
Hey! So last year I did reapply before I got pulled off the wait list in August. So you will still have a chance to get in this cycle even if you reapply. You should submit the application just to be on the safe side. Hope this helps!

The latter. They won't even know you reapplied until they actually start reviewing next cycle's applications. That is what I believe to be true. Double check though. Good luck!

Hey! So last year I did reapply before I got pulled off the wait list in August. So you will still have a chance to get in this cycle even if you reapply. You should submit the application just to be on the safe side. Hope this helps!
The latter. They won't even know you reapplied until they actually start reviewing next cycle's applications. That is what I believe to be true. Double check though. Good luck!

Thanks guys!! That makes me feel a little better lol. But since I will be applying once the application opens, they can probably start reviewing my application in July. So then they will know that I have reapplied and that I am still waitlisted....won't that be a disadvantage for me? Like they could think, oh she has reapplied so we don't have to take her off of the waitlist this year and just consider her for the next cycle.

Does anyone the NYU policy for failing a test?
Must one re mediate it? and if so, at what point do they make students retake a whole year of school (I heard that's not uncommon. Is this true?)

Thanks guys!! That makes me feel a little better lol. But since I will be applying once the application opens, they can probably start reviewing my application in July. So then they will know that I have reapplied and that I am still waitlisted....won't that be a disadvantage for me? Like they could think, oh she has reapplied so we don't have to take her off of the waitlist this year and just consider her for the next cycle.
Thats a good question...id like to know that as well.

This is the Email I just recieve. Hope it helps

The Admissions Committee will not be meeting this week due to several of us being on vacation. We will resume next week. Please be patient with our process.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
This is the Email I just recieve. Hope it helps

The Admissions Committee will not be meeting this week due to several of us being on vacation. We will resume next week. Please be patient with our process.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SDN mobile
Thank you for the information. We really shouldn't expect much until next week. The graduation for the class of 2016 is tomorrow. Try not to think about the application process for the time being. Best of luck to you all. We'll either be classmates or class of 2021 buddies next cycle.

Last edited:
Thats a good question...id like to know that as well.
I don't think that would effect your chances of getting off the waitlist this year. If I were on the admissions committee I would actually look at that positively and that you are committed to NYUCD and that is why you are trying again. I had reapplied as well and got off the waitlist, and Dr. Mejia was aware I had reapplied! Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I don't think that would effect your chances of getting off the waitlist this year. If I were on the admissions committee I would actually look at that positively and that you are committed to NYUCD and that is why you are trying again. I had reapplied as well and got off the waitlist, and Dr. Mejia was aware I had reapplied! Hope this helps!

Thanks! I hope the same thing happens to me when I reapply lol. If you don't mind me asking, what month did you get off of the waitlist?

Hey everyone,

Wondering if I have a chance for NYU as a Canadian applicant. Please let me know. I'm open to all suggestions and advice.

OGPA: 3.89
Science GPA: 3.90
Non-science GPA: 3.88
DAT: Bio-26, Chem-21, Reading-21, TS-23, AA-23, PAT 21, CARVING-28

Any other schools I should consider? My ECs are alright. Nothing too crazy. Thanks!

Hey everyone,

Wondering if I have a chance for NYU as a Canadian applicant. Please let me know. I'm open to all suggestions and advice.

Any other schools I should consider? My ECs are alright. Nothing too crazy. Thanks!
Lmao.. Oh the infamous I have a 4.0 gpa 30 dat post. No dude, you probably won't get in. Should probably crawl into your cave.

Hey everyone,

On a serious note.. You're fine. You probably answered your own question. Go pad up your Ec and you'll be golden.

Also, go make your own Class of 2021 thread. You're messing with everyone's sanity.

Reactions: 4 users
Holy f***. Americans are ruthless, haha. Just to let you know I've been rejected thrice from my home school in Alberta. I have no idea what the competition is like for American schools. Sorry if I came off the wrong way.

#MakeAmericaGreatAgain (sarcasm)

Holy f***. Americans are ruthless, haha. Just to let you know I've been rejected thrice from my home school in Alberta. I have no idea what the competition is like for American schools. Sorry if I came off the wrong way.

#MakeAmericaGreatAgain (sarcasm)

Your stats are really good. You definitely have a chance at schools that take international students here. NYU is very known to take many Canadians, so if you express interest you have a shot! :)

Hey everyone,

You have amazing stats. Honestly you should apply to all the schools in which you are interested in attending. I doubt you'll have any problems getting an interview invite. If your EC are subpar, just work on it during the summer time and I think you'll get in to your school of choice with ease. Good luck