You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official NYU Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by Weakfart
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
See you in August rendal!🙂
Good luck to everyone and feel free to message me for advice as well!
Good luck to everyone and feel free to message me for advice as well!
Good luck everyone. 🙂
Feel free to message me if you have questions about NYU, I'm just starting D3.
Feel free to message me if you have questions about NYU, I'm just starting D3.
This was my most stressful school when it came to waiting for an invitation. I was in the 2-3rd batch and got an interview invite around the last week October for November. I got an interview from UNC months before NYU, even Columbia too.
Point is, don't stress too much here about batches when it comes to this school. Be patient and don't go wacko like I did.
Point is, don't stress too much here about batches when it comes to this school. Be patient and don't go wacko like I did.
Too late. Going full Faux.This was my most stressful school when it came to waiting for an invitation. I was in the 2-3rd batch and got an interview invite around the last week October for November. I got an interview from UNC months before NYU, even Columbia too.
Point is, don't stress too much here about batches when it comes to this school. Be patient and don't go wacko like I did.
This was my most stressful school when it came to waiting for an invitation. I was in the 2-3rd batch and got an interview invite around the last week October for November. I got an interview from UNC months before NYU, even Columbia too.
Point is, don't stress too much here about batches when it comes to this school. Be patient and don't go wacko like I did.
Do you happen to remember when was your AADSAS and supplementary completed?
Do you happen to remember when was your AADSAS and supplementary completed?
My AADSAS was completed within the 2-3 rd batch. July 11th I received NYU email that my application was complete including the fee. I even got a 20k/year scholarship despite being interviewed in November. Point is, its all completely random and batch order isn't law.
My AADSAS was completed within the 2-3 rd batch. July 11th I received NYU email that my application was complete including the fee. I even got a 20k/year scholarship despite being interviewed in November. Point is, its all completely random and batch order isn't law.
Yeah batch order doesn't matter. AADSAS completeled and mailed my application on October 26th. NYU received all supplementals and had my application marked as complete in mid-November, and then called me to offer an interview a few days later.
Hey There,Nice, just received an email saying they received the app fee as well!
How long after you mailed your fee payment did you get the email confirmation? How long did you have to wait after you mailed it?
I sent everything out a LONG time ago (Like the beginning of june) but I got the email around the same time first batch was out.Hey There,
How long after you mailed your fee payment did you get the email confirmation? How long did you have to wait after you mailed it?
Give it time!I still haven't received an email about fees being received from from any of the schools I mailed checks too... So weird
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't have my official DAT yet, but I emailed NYU my unofficial report. Does it mean my app will get reviewed or they would still wait for the official scores from AADSAS?
I did the same thing, they'll review and plan for interview or not. But won't send out interview until you official scores come in for verification.I don't have my official DAT yet, but I emailed NYU my unofficial report. Does it mean my app will get reviewed or they would still wait for the official scores from AADSAS?
I received the fees received email but NYU still doesn't show up on AADSAS dental school decisions list 😵
I received the fees received email but NYU still doesn't show up on AADSAS dental school decisions list 😵
I remember receiving an email from them saying that they wouldn't be using the AADSAS dental school decisions list as a way to inform applicants of status changes. They reach out by email.
EDIT: Found the email. Here is what they wrote:
"Updates on your status with the program: NYUCD is NOT using the AADSAS Portal to communicate status updates.Status updates will be sent via email."
I still haven't received an email about fees being received from from any of the schools I mailed checks too... So weird
Give it two-three weeks. Universities typically sorts letters as they come in in a central location. It'll be sorted to deliver to the DDS/DMD faculty and then it has to be processed too. I mailed my letters from Toronto, Canada on July 3rd and just received confirmation yesterday from NYU and Pitt.
I don't think NYU really uses ADDSAS, I received an app complete email from them and they still aren't on my ADDSAS.I received the fees received email but NYU still doesn't show up on AADSAS dental school decisions list 😵
Ahh I see...
Well thank you for responding guys! I really appreciate it 🙂
Well thank you for responding guys! I really appreciate it 🙂
All correspondence I had from NYU was through e-mail!
Ya me too. They said they only use email and if you have to give them an academic update, it should be through email.
An email that I received an hour ago says "Interviews will begin in September and will be conducted through April."Do you guys know when NYU begin giving out interview invites?
so that means we should expect to receive invitations sometime in AugustAn email that I received an hour ago says "Interviews will begin in September and will be conducted through April."
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys i am a reaplicant and i just took dat and my scores have improved from last time except for a couple of sections. Old DAT scores were bio/GC/orgo/RC/QR/PAT/AA/TS :18/21/18/17/18/18/18/19 and my new DAT scores are 20/21/23/17/17/22/20/21 i dont like my reading and qr score. I want to know what do you guys think. My gpa is 3.5 and i have close to 1800 shadowing and volunteering work. Thanks
how long did it take you guys to get the "application complete" e-mail after your AADSAS application mailed out?
I sent out my secondary fee a long time before my app was mailed out on 8/7. I just received this e-mail yesterday...
"Our Admissions officers are currently compiling your application materials and will be in contact with you again, via email, once NYUCD has received your application fee and all of your application materials from AADSAS. "
This e-mail doesn't mean they have lost my application fee, right? I'm just paranoid because another school thought I didn't pay the application fee even though they cashed my check
I sent out my secondary fee a long time before my app was mailed out on 8/7. I just received this e-mail yesterday...
"Our Admissions officers are currently compiling your application materials and will be in contact with you again, via email, once NYUCD has received your application fee and all of your application materials from AADSAS. "
This e-mail doesn't mean they have lost my application fee, right? I'm just paranoid because another school thought I didn't pay the application fee even though they cashed my check
I have the same problem too sent my application fee since July 17th and haven't gotten a confirmation since them. Thought I was the only one with the problem,so sent them an email and they replied saying it may take weekS for them to receive it. So just be patient....how long did it take you guys to get the "application complete" e-mail after your AADSAS application mailed out?
I sent out my secondary fee a long time before my app was mailed out on 8/7. I just received this e-mail yesterday...
"Our Admissions officers are currently compiling your application materials and will be in contact with you again, via email, once NYUCD has received your application fee and all of your application materials from AADSAS. "
This e-mail doesn't mean they have lost my application fee, right? I'm just paranoid because another school thought I didn't pay the application fee even though they cashed my check
Hello everyone. I'm a D2 at NYU and I would like to wish everyone good luck on their application process. If anyone who has an interview at NYU and wants to save money on hotel expenses, please feel free to message me. I live in a 2-bedroom apartment a block away from the school.
Thank you and good luck to all.
Thank you and good luck to all.
Nyu interviews for a looong time. I'm a reapplicant (applied late last year) and I added nyu after the fact in October and got an interview in January. It's early and you have better stats than I do. You should be good!just took DAT yesterday: 21AA and 21PAT. also 3.45 gpa, stellar essays and LORs
I really hope its not too late
edit: forgot to add, I'm an NY resident
same boat here. I applied october 17th and got an interview at NYU within a week and was able to get it in november...they will interview well into next yearNyu interviews for a looong time. I'm a reapplicant (applied late last year) and I added nyu after the fact in October and got an interview in January. It's early and you have better stats than I do. You should be good!
I was waitlisted (still technically am) but never got the call 🙁@AKSeawolf and @Bucks783 so both of you were accepted to NYU after applying that late?
@AKSeawolf and @Bucks783 so both of you were accepted to NYU after applying that late?
I applied in December, interviewed in January, accepted ~2 weeks later so August is hardly what I would consider "too late" to apply. I wish everyone success this application cycle!
How were your stats?I applied in December, interviewed in January, accepted ~2 weeks later so August is hardly what I would consider "too late" to apply. I wish everyone success this application cycle!
How were your stats?
Pretty crappy in relation to most of my SRE peers and people who've openly discussed their undergraduate GPA within earshot 😉. I'm sure I've sprinkled stats and deets all over the forums. It wasn't pretty.
This gives me hope. Also your name is so clever.Pretty crappy in relation to most of my SRE peers and people who've openly discussed their undergraduate GPA within earshot 😉. I'm sure I've sprinkled stats and deets all over the forums. It wasn't pretty.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview invite through email!
CMON NYU gimme some LOVEEEE
*3rd time NYU applicant* 

Similar threads
- Replies
- 75
- Views
- 35K
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K