***The Official NYU College of Dentistry C/O 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! If I am interviewing on Dec 4th, do you know when I can expect to hear back? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Just got my interview invitation email!
Interview # 4
I am a reapplicant. I was on the waitlist for NYU last year and unfortunately, I never got off the waitlist.
Good luck to everyone!
Congratulations! When did you interview with NYU last year?

Members don't see this ad :)
February!
Awesome, thanks for the information! Would you also mind sharing your stats from last year when you applied and what you did this past year to bolster your applications? Best of luck with the interview - it’s always great to hear stories of perseverance!

Does anyone know what time we will hear from NYU on Monday?

Reactions: 1 user
Best of luck guys, hope NYU send their love our way after you get your acceptances.
:love:

Does anybody remember how NYU notifies you? Phone call, email, mail? Or what time the portal gets updated?

Hey,

Does anyone know how many interviews are remaining? Especially for out of state.

So if you were offered an interview and you think it went well, what are the chances of acceptance? What are some reasons for rejection or waitlist? So anxious here right now. 21 DAT. GPA slightly below average. Everything else is good.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my interview invitation email!
Interview # 4
I am a reapplicant. I was on the waitlist for NYU last year and unfortunately, I never got off the waitlist.
Good luck to everyone!
Wow 4th interview already, your doing something right then you're bound to get in somewheres! :)

My interview is tomorrow and I'm super anxious!

According to last year thread they start sending emails by 3 / 4 pm est

Awesome, thanks for the information! Would you also mind sharing your stats from last year when you applied and what you did this past year to bolster your applications? Best of luck with the interview - it’s always great to hear stories of perseverance!
I think the major change with my application this year is the latest DAT i took. retook the DAT this year and got a higher score. Like 20+ on all sciences. And AA 21. Whereas last year. I had a AA of 19.

Wow 4th interview already, your doing something right then you're bound to get in somewheres! :)

My interview is tomorrow and I'm super anxious!
Good luck with ur interview! And I don’t know about getting in this year. It seems that dental schools love to waitlist me

Check the portal guysss!!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

ACCEPTEDD will attend, checked their application portal

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Waitlisted and will remove myself!

Me rooting for all of you and then whoever got accepted here send us luck!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Accepted!! :) It feels so good!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Your stats are amazing though
Oh well, probably thought I was crazy or something haha. But it’s okay I got accepted to my top interviewed choice! Good luck to everyone else!!

Hey CONGRATS to everyone who got accepted!!!!

I interviewed yesterday (Dec 3rd) and I think it went super well, I was really impressed by the facilities.
I asked when we could expect to hear back and multiple sources guaranteed decisions by Friday latest! The Associate Dean of Admissions even said that we are actually still considered in the pre-Dec cohort but they couldn't fit us all in Nov. So due to the fact that there's no backlog we would be hearing in the next few days! I am so anxious and eager the anticipation is KILLING me.

In the meantime I've got Rutgers next week anyone have any thoughts?

Does anyone have any good advice on how to get off the waiting List? Does have to do with the interview or something, because I thought the interview went really well!

Does anyone have any good advice on how to get off the waiting List? Does have to do with the interview or something, because I thought the interview went really well!

If you felt really positively about the interview then you did all you could do, unfortunately it's all in their hands now. Being waitlisted after an awesome interview is usually a reflection of the strength of your application itself (GPA, DAT, experiences, LORs), the applicant pool, and the date that you submitted.

Interviewed on Wednesday, accepted today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey CONGRATS to everyone who got accepted!!!!

I interviewed yesterday (Dec 3rd) and I think it went super well, I was really impressed by the facilities.
I asked when we could expect to hear back and multiple sources guaranteed decisions by Friday latest! The Associate Dean of Admissions even said that we are actually still considered in the pre-Dec cohort but they couldn't fit us all in Nov. So due to the fact that there's no backlog we would be hearing in the next few days! I am so anxious and eager the anticipation is KILLING me.

In the meantime I've got Rutgers next week anyone have any thoughts?

It's Saturday now, I hope you heard the good news?

Is there a Facebook page for NYU class of 2023? I tried to search for it on fb but no results came up.

Reactions: 1 users
Is there a Facebook page for NYU class of 2023? I tried to search for it on fb but no results came up.
Not sure if we're supposed to make an FB group ourselves or wait for them to create us one lol. All other unis have theirs up and running by now

Can anyone share their interview experience? I have mine coming up soon

For the people writing letter of intent - would you call them after you send them? If so, what would you tell them on the phone?

if we got accepted, how long do we have until to put down our deposit? because i just checked the portal and it doesn't mention a specific date as to when we have to accept our offer of admission?

if we got accepted, how long do we have until to put down our deposit? because i just checked the portal and it doesn't mention a specific date as to when we have to accept our offer of admission?
January 4th (if you were accepted on the 3rd)

Status
Not open for further replies.