10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
- Feb 17, 2008
- Medical Student
The Official Personal Statement Reader List:Rules for Writers:
Rules for Readers:
- Please refer to the list in this post only. Do not contact anyone who is found elsewhere in this thread but does not appear in the list below. Additionally, if a reader is marked Temporarily unavailable, please do not contact them for PS help.
- Use caution in deciding who you send your personal statement to. In an anonymous web forum, information can be easily plagiarized.
- This is not the place for you to get others to write your personal statement. If you need help getting started, check out the Official Personal Statement Guide thread.
- If you are looking for feedback on your personal statement, it is better to PM individual users here whose strengths are better suited to your needs rather than posting a response in this thread.
- Once you contact a reader and they agree to read your personal statement, please email it to them as a Word document with your SDN username in the title. Including your SDN username makes it easier for the readers to keep track of who they've already read for and who they still need to read.
This thread is brought to you by the Pre-Allopathic Volunteer Staff.
- If you would like to be added or deleted from the list, please reply to this thread and you will be updated in a timely manner.
- As a volunteer, you may read as many or as few personal statements as you'd like or have time for. If you will be unavailable for a certain time or have been inundated with requests, reply to this thread and we will mark you as "Temporarily Unavailable."
- If you receive a request and are unable to fulfill it, please respond to the writer so he/she is not waiting for a response and can request help from elsewhere.
- For your protection, we will not allow you to post your email addresses here. All email addresses have been edited out of the list and any further posts containing email addresses will be edited to remove them. Writers will contact you via PM and you can exchange email addresses privately.
- As this is on a volunteer basis, absolutely NO solicitation of money for your services will be tolerated. Volunteers who violate this policy will be removed from the list and subject to further disciplinary action.
Bkv11 -- I'll read also if needed. No credentials really, just a lot of informal advising on academic writing.
lisasimpson87 -- i got lots of compliments on my essay (after it had been proofed by a few ppl on here) and i read a bunch last summer so i have a sense of what a good statement sounds like. im big on honesty and i wont sugarcoat my comments at all- dont take it personally.
cast128 -- I will read....have a minor in English.
boggvir -- I am willing to read PS. I used to work in the university's writing center, and I've looked at many personal statements of students applying to various professional schools.
DrReo -- I've read many pre-dental students and a few of my pre-med friends' PS. I'm willing to help out anyone. Will be attending Tufts Dental next year...
Dashne Gafoor -- Please add me to the list as well. I have a strong background in English and grammer. I used to teach English as well. I will not only offer constructive criticism, but can also assist with developing ideas and making your personal statement deliver its purpose. I helped a few of my friends last year who were applying at schools.
Rollo -- I'll read for content and maybe some mechanics. DO Applicants, I'll especially read yours for content because I'm pretty sure that I got accepted because of the content in my PS and secondaries to all the DO schools that I applied to. I'm pretty much a solid writer who knows how to set myself apart from the rest.
Credentials: S, R on writing for MCAT (took it twice), As in couple of upper level writing courses in undergrad, and frequently write inspirational essays on other forums. I pretty much kickass at writing powerful pieces of writing so I will definitely give you major pointers.
grapz -- Hi, please put me on the readers list. I will read/edit Personal statements.
I scored 39 on mcat (13 on VR, and T on writing ). Currently in med school but I have some spare time and would love to help some people out.
987-- I can read a few!
SBK-- I would LOVE to help a fellow SDN-er out. I can help you proof-read, add ideas, or whatever.
ColeOnTheRoll--I would be happy to read some personal statements. I have no specific application credentials (i.e., I haven't applied yet), but I've always been told that I'm a good writer. I'll mostly read for grammar/continuity.
clear--I have been accepted to medical school. I will be glad to read your PS and give you feedback (mostly on content). Private message me your PS.
upslegend -- I am willing to read.
amp6n --I'm willing to help too! It was a big help having mine read over last year, and I'd be happy to return the favor to those in the process now!
Shakespeare--I'm kinda new to SDN, but I have done a lot of work at my school's writing center. I majored in English at Stanford and I recently got accepted to med school (go Duke!!). I would love to read your personal statements and give you some constructive feedback. Good luck y'all!!
magikdoc --Message me any personal statements, I would love to take a look at it for you and make some constructive suggestions.
fabolous --I'm willing to help out anyone that needs help with their personal statement. I can help with grammar, punctuation, and content.
justh0ang --I would like to read statements since I have a month or two of doing nothing! So, anyone who needs me to read, pm me!
My credentials: I got into medical school? I consider myself a pretty good writer, and an even better reader.
musings--I can read a few essays
Please PM me for my email addy
Bayl--I can read a few
longhorn615--i can read a few! PM me for my email addy
lazymed--I have time in the next 2 weeks to proof read 6-12 statements. Feel free to PM me for my email. Good luck.
sage36--I'm willing to read a couple PS.
PM me for email
Hill Country--I'm willing to read essays if anyone still has some they would like reviewed. I probably won't be much help content-wise but I can help with the grammar aspects of it.
Qex--I'm available for reading PSs. I have no special qualifications, except that I enjoy proof-reading. I lean more towards mechanics, though. PM me with your PS, and I'll have a look
JayX-- I'm willing to read personal statements. I will make appropriate comments as well... just pm me
rprasan1985--I'd be happy to read and critique personal statements. PM if interested. I've submitted my AMCAS primary already, but would be happy to help you folks out with your statements.
I'm an MD/PhD applicant, and am willing to read the two MD/PhD-specific essays as well.
hmayassi--Could you add me to the list? I would love to read and help others working on their PS. I have past experience from helping a few of my friends with their apps and PS's this year. I will be applying this year so I will be working on my PS as well and will have a similar mindset to others in my position.
NotAsking4Much--I can help read a few too. MCAT: 12V(R). Literature Awards from Top 5 Undergrad.
psharma02--Whoever needs a proofreading, feel free to PM me for my email.
Tons of tutoring experience for writing.. strong focus on structural and grammatical errors.
naijaboi--I would be happy to read and offer comments on essay content -- especially for non-traditional students. I can also send you a copy of my PS to help you along. Goodluck!!
Last edited by a moderator: