***The Official Personal Statement Reader List 2010***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I was wondering if anyone was willing to read my PS for dental school. Any criticism will be appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am willing to read personal statements. Just send it over to me (no need to ask) and if I can't read I'll let you know within 24 hours.

Im back in action for a few days, send those PS's (or secondaries) my way and I'll try to get to as many as I can while still relaxing ;)

can I also comment that I am much more inclined to help people who are active and contributing members to the forums (as opposed to those people who have 0 or 1 post to their name) ;)

cheers

Members don't see this ad :)
I am willing to read personal statements. Just send it over to me (no need to ask) and if I can't read I'll let you know within 24 hours.

alright I actually didn't expect the response to be so heavy so you can feel free to put me on 'temporary available' for the moment.

I am just about done with my personal statement. I am an international student, but have been studying here in the US since 7 years. I was wondering if anybody would be so kind to read through my personal statement?

I finished writing my personal statement and I would really really appreciate it if someone can read it. I'm applying solely to osteopathic schools though, so the character limit is 4500 with spaces. Thank you!

I'm available for reading PSs. I have no special qualifications, except that I enjoy proof-reading. I lean more towards mechanics, though. PM me with your PS, and I'll have a look

Looking for someone to read over a personal statement for me. PM me, thanks.

I'm also loving for someone to read my PS. Any takers?

I have time to read a few statements over the next couple of weeks, although my time is limited. I'm a little late to the PS game, but I know there are some stragglers around since I was in the same boat last year. I'm excellent with grammar, and read/write enough to have a coherent grasp of effective stylistic elements. Linked here is my philosophy on stepping beyond the "formal" tone of the PS, posted last year before I applied, and the comments I received from schools have only intensified that belief. I edited an undergrad journal throughout college, and enjoy using the red ink. Don't ask me if you can't take criticism well.

I'd be happy to review some personal statements. I have a fair bit of informal editing experience, and considerable classroom writing experience. I'm decent at picking up grammatical errors, but tend to focus on stylistic and structural issues.

Please put me on the Temporarily Unavailable list for now... Im trying to catch up and Im on my way to wyoming for a week of fishing and relaxing! thanks!

My inbox is swamped right now, so I'm going to have to be unavailable until I work through the backlog.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everybody, if anyone is willing, I would really like it if someone could take a look at my PS. Let me know.
Thanks

I am willing to read some.
I can mainly help with content.

Feeling a bit burnt out. Have secondaries incoming in the next week or so. If you've already sent me your essays, I'll read them, but I'm not going to take any new ones for a bit.

I know I'm late to the party, but I've been focusing mainly on the MCAT for the last two months. took it on the 30th, and rewrote my ps from the ground up (applied last year, 1 interview). I'm looking to have someone go over it mainly to get a sense of if i put enough detail in it. last year i think i put too much detail in, and made it sound like a sob story a little bit, so i'm taking the other tack this year. i think it's pretty solid, and am not looking for any major structural edits or anything, just flow and mild content criticism.

all my transcripts are in, and my LoRs are sitting in interfolio, so i'm just giving last year's app a once-over before submitting.

any help would be appreciated.

looking for someone to read my personal statement.. a few of my friends have already read it but i wanted someone from SDN's opinion too.. please help!! PM me with your email address please! im hoping to get this done by the weekend :(

I'm willing to read personal statements. I will make appropriate comments as well... just pm me

If anyone would mind reading my ps, I would really appreciate it, thanks!

I'm busy with work and secondaries now, could I be taken off the list?

Thanks!

anyone willing to read my personal statement? i have just under 5700 characters and you're only allowed 5300. i need help in cutting it down. pm me if you're interested.

If anyone is willing to read my personal statement, please PM me. Unlike most on here, my MCAT won't be great and my GPA is average. I say that to say that my personal statement will more than likely be a make or break for me. Let me know. I really appreciate any wiling to help.

I am starting to feel overwhelmed with secondaries.
May I be removed from the list?
I will read the ones that I said I will read...

thanks

Anyone out there willing to read my PS? I'll return the favor (I was an English major, 12 on VR, R on writing section).

I'd be happy to read and critique personal statements. PM if interested. I've submitted my AMCAS primary already, but would be happy to help you folks out with your statements.

I'm an MD/PhD applicant, and am willing to read the two MD/PhD-specific essays as well.

I finally decided to register on this forum. I was wondering if anyone who have been accepted to medical school will be wiling to read my personal statement. I have had it edited before by others but I wanted to make sure I get all the assistance available, so I don't have to keep applying.

PM me if you are willing to help me out. Thanks in advance to everyone who will consider it.

Hey guys.
I'm not sure if there is a section for this, so let me know and I'll post there instead. I have a half pg secondary essay that I would like someone to look at for grammatical errors and good sentence structure. Please PM me if you can!
Thank you!

Just a reminder that, in general, the idea of this thread is that if you want your PS read, YOU should contact someone on the list via PM. I do understand that some of the users on the list probably aren't as active as they should be, but theoretically, if someone's on the list, they should be accepting PSs.

Hi SDNers, i am absolutely new to this forum...but have been an avid browser. I m a reapplicant this yr with avg stats. I am currently awaiting my mcat results & was wondering if any current med students could read my new ps to see if its decent enough to submit. I know how busy u guys are, but i will greatly appreciate any of ur help. I m luking to submit my app. this week. So I m really looking 4 anyone who's wiling to respond within a day or two. Thanks!!! (btw u dont need 2 be kind-hearted..I m ready 4 some throat-cut criticism :))

Could you add me to the list? I would love to read and help others working on their PS. I have past experience from helping a few of my friends with their apps and PS's this year. I will be applying this year so I will be working on my PS as well and will have a similar mindset to others in my position.

Hi - I need someone to help read my personal statement. I'll swap personal statements if you'd like and we can help each other.

Please PM me if you're willing to read my PS.

Thanks!

I can help read a few too. MCAT: 12V(R). Literature Awards from Top 5 Undergrad.

Whoever needs a proofreading, feel free to PM me for my email.

Tons of tutoring experience for writing.. strong focus on structural and grammatical errors.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be happy to read and offer comments on essay content -- especially for non-traditional students. I can also send you a copy of my PS to help you along. Goodluck!!

Is anyone willing to read over my personal statement? PM me if you're available. Thanks!

Hello,
I have just finished my first draft and I need some experienced opinions while I work on refining it. Please PM me if you have time and are willing to take a look at it. I will really appreciate it. Thanks

Hey everyone,
I wrote my PS and gave it to one of my professors (whom i really admired) to read and give me his thoughts. Simply put, he basically said it was it was garbage. So, i've gone "back to the drawing board" so to speak and really brainstormed about all the reasons that i've wanted to become a doctor. I've really spent a lot of time on the PS this time around, and I really think its a true reflection of who I am/what made me pursue medicine. If anyone who has been admitted or has experience reviewing these is will to read my PS, I would greatly appreciate it. I thought i'd address every1 since alot of the people on the original readers list are not available/busy. Thank you!

Willing to read a few. Just PM me.

Add me to the list . I'm available to read personal statements. I will mainly read for content. Totally available during april 2010 and would love to help anybody out. Just PM me!

The Official Personal Statement Reader List:

Bkv11 -- I'll read also if needed. No credentials really, just a lot of informal advising on academic writing.

lisasimpson87 -- i got lots of compliments on my essay (after it had been proofed by a few ppl on here) and i read a bunch last summer so i have a sense of what a good statement sounds like. im big on honesty and i wont sugarcoat my comments at all- dont take it personally.

cast128 -- I will read....have a minor in English.

boggvir -- I am willing to read PS. I used to work in the university's writing center, and I've looked at many personal statements of students applying to various professional schools.

DrReo -- I've read many pre-dental students and a few of my pre-med friends' PS. I'm willing to help out anyone. Will be attending Tufts Dental next year...

Dashne Gafoor -- Please add me to the list as well. I have a strong background in English and grammer. I used to teach English as well. I will not only offer constructive criticism, but can also assist with developing ideas and making your personal statement deliver its purpose. I helped a few of my friends last year who were applying at schools.

Rollo -- I'll read for content and maybe some mechanics. DO Applicants, I'll especially read yours for content because I'm pretty sure that I got accepted because of the content in my PS and secondaries to all the DO schools that I applied to. I'm pretty much a solid writer who knows how to set myself apart from the rest.

Credentials: S, R on writing for MCAT (took it twice), As in couple of upper level writing courses in undergrad, and frequently write inspirational essays on other forums. I pretty much kickass at writing powerful pieces of writing so I will definitely give you major pointers.

grapz -- Hi, please put me on the readers list. I will read/edit Personal statements.

I scored 39 on mcat (13 on VR, and T on writing ). Currently in med school but I have some spare time and would love to help some people out.

987-- I can read a few!

SBK-- I would LOVE to help a fellow SDN-er out. I can help you proof-read, add ideas, or whatever.

ColeOnTheRoll--I would be happy to read some personal statements. I have no specific application credentials (i.e., I haven't applied yet), but I've always been told that I'm a good writer. I'll mostly read for grammar/continuity.

clear--I have been accepted to medical school. I will be glad to read your PS and give you feedback (mostly on content). Private message me your PS.

upslegend -- I am willing to read.

amp6n --I'm willing to help too! It was a big help having mine read over last year, and I'd be happy to return the favor to those in the process now!

Shakespeare--I'm kinda new to SDN, but I have done a lot of work at my school's writing center. I majored in English at Stanford and I recently got accepted to med school (go Duke!!). I would love to read your personal statements and give you some constructive feedback. Good luck y'all!!

magikdoc --Message me any personal statements, I would love to take a look at it for you and make some constructive suggestions. :)

fabolous --I'm willing to help out anyone that needs help with their personal statement. I can help with grammar, punctuation, and content.

justh0ang --I would like to read statements since I have a month or two of doing nothing! So, anyone who needs me to read, pm me!

My credentials: I got into medical school? I consider myself a pretty good writer, and an even better reader. :p

musings--I can read a few essays :)

Please PM me for my email addy :)

Bayl--I can read a few

longhorn615--i can read a few! PM me for my email addy

lazymed--I have time in the next 2 weeks to proof read 6-12 statements. Feel free to PM me for my email. Good luck.

sage36--I'm willing to read a couple PS.
PM me for email

Hill Country--I'm willing to read essays if anyone still has some they would like reviewed. I probably won't be much help content-wise but I can help with the grammar aspects of it.

Qex--I'm available for reading PSs. I have no special qualifications, except that I enjoy proof-reading. I lean more towards mechanics, though. PM me with your PS, and I'll have a look

JayX-- I'm willing to read personal statements. I will make appropriate comments as well... just pm me

rprasan1985--I'd be happy to read and critique personal statements. PM if interested. I've submitted my AMCAS primary already, but would be happy to help you folks out with your statements.

I'm an MD/PhD applicant, and am willing to read the two MD/PhD-specific essays as well.

hmayassi--Could you add me to the list? I would love to read and help others working on their PS. I have past experience from helping a few of my friends with their apps and PS's this year. I will be applying this year so I will be working on my PS as well and will have a similar mindset to others in my position.

NotAsking4Much--I can help read a few too. MCAT: 12V(R). Literature Awards from Top 5 Undergrad.

psharma02--Whoever needs a proofreading, feel free to PM me for my email.

Tons of tutoring experience for writing.. strong focus on structural and grammatical errors.

naijaboi--I would be happy to read and offer comments on essay content -- especially for non-traditional students. I can also send you a copy of my PS to help you along. Goodluck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.