The Official pharmacy Schools Waitlist Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MQQ

IDK
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I know it's still early, but i am currently being waitlisted for two pharmacy schools. :( The waiting is killing me. Anyone who is experiencing the same thing, feel free to post. We are all in this together :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,
I know it's still early, but i am currently being waitlisted for two pharmacy schools. :( The waiting is killing me. Anyone who is experiencing the same thing, feel free to post. We are all in this together :)
What were your stats and where did you apply?

Members don't see this ad :)
What were your stats and where did you apply?
My stats:
attend top 30+ university
Major: chemistry and Asian studies
Overall GPA : 3.3
Science GPA : 2.8(Yes, it's so low...)
PCAT: Took it twice...
Overall for PCAT exam 2: 89 percentile, 59 in reading, 96 in chem, 94 in math, 69 in bio (but 90 in bio when I took it the first time, but everything else was low on PCAT exam 1)...
Volunteered at employee pharmacy in a hospital.
Did research in a chemistry lab for 2 years( no publication.
Worked in a pharmacology lab in my freshman year (work study)
Did a health program in UNC one summer.
Held position in a pharmacy club (sponsored by the pharmacy school)
Work in a family store every weekend for more than 10 years.
Studied abroad and other small things

Applied to UNC and Ohio state. Waitlisted for ohio state, and on hold for UNC after the interviews... my grades aren't that good and did poorly with the interviews ...

Last edited:
My stats:
attend 30+ university
Major: chemistry and Asian studies
Overall GPA : 3.3
Science GPA : 2.8(Yes, it's so low...)
PCAT: Took it twice...
Overall for PCAT exam 2: 89 percentile, 59 in reading, 96 in chem, 94 in math, 69 in bio (but 90 in bio when I took it the first time, but everything else was low on PCAT exam 1)...
Volunteered at employee pharmacy in a hospital.
Did research in a chemistry lab for 2 years( no publication.
Worked in a pharmacology lab in my freshman year (work study)
Did a health program with UNC one summer.
Held position in a pharmacy club (sponsored by the pharmacy school)
Work in a family store every weekend for more than 10 years.
Studies abroad and other small things

Applied to UNC and Ohio state. Waitlisted for ohio state, and on hold for UNC after the interviews... my grades aren't that good and did poorly with the interviews ...
How did you do poorly on the interviews?

deleted

Last edited:
How did you do poorly on the interviews?
Actually I thought the interview at Ohio state was okay. It was mostly behavior questions. ... But the one at UNC(MMI) style... I didn't do so well. Had time left over during each cases... didn't elaborate my answers( didn't take into account of everything... and wasn't confident at all. )Even one of the interviewers told me at the end of the interview to be more confident...

Hi guys,

Did you end up getting off a waitlist?