You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
The Official September 18, 2014 MCAT Thread
Started by litokhmaikid
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Haha I'm on September 10th one but and kinda behind on the four month plan!
Followed sn2 strictly which seems to be very very time consuming (yes even the four month plan)
Followed sn2 strictly which seems to be very very time consuming (yes even the four month plan)
Starting SN2ed 3-month today!
Good luck! I'm on day 3 (started a bit early to give myself a couple buffer days) and it's kicking my butt. Not a fun summer.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sept 12th here! I started S2Ned's schedule about 5 days late because I thought it was a 90-day schedule rather than a 95-day schedule. Just finished all the chapter 1 readings. I am hating life because the posted EK-BR correspondence isn't making sense for me and I was just about to start the bio passages. I think I am just going to stick to EK for notes but still read BR/do its relevant passages. Anyway, LET'S DO THIS!
Took the May 17 MCAT and didn't do so hot, so I'm retaking on September 18! Gonna rip through the EK 1001 questions, take all the AAMC CBTs this time around (I did some of the AAMC paper based ones last time, so I don't know how much those helped), and whatever else I can get my hands on.
Hello, hello dear friends. Starting MCAT studying tomorrow ... just finished up summer classes and working full time. This. Summer. Will. Be. FUN! How are you all prepping for verbal? I've heard mixed reviews about 101 EK Verbal, though I've also heard it is the best resource out there. I would love some insight!
yay starting studying tomorrow or the day after that
Sept 18th here! So great to see an official thread started 🙂
Hi itllbefuntheysay, I bought the 101 EK verbal book last year and in MY experience, it didn't really help me. I wasn't too fond of their explanations and the passage topics were....well.. too out there for the MCAT (in my opinion). I recently got TPR hyperlearning verbal workbook, which I've heard is really great for verbal practice, so I'm excited to give it a whirl. I'll let you know how it is. What else are you using for verbal prep?
Hi everyone,I got my scores for my mcat today and it was quiet disappointing. So, I will be attempting for a second try on the 18th of September.Hoping to get emotional support from this thread,after all we're all in this together...
Sept 18th taker here as well! I'm currently on day 17 of sn2's plan.
Howdy Fellas! (and felines) Lets do this thing! There are two OFFICIAL SEPT. 18 threads now i see 😉
Is anyone in this thread applying in the current cycle?
gonnamakeit13 I will be applying this cycle! Very excited!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
gonnamakeit13 I will be applying this cycle! Very excited!
Good to know that you're also applying this cycle 😀 😀 😀
Do u think this test date is too late for this cycle?
Well it depends on what you think is late. I'm currently looking to apply to schools with the Nov. 3rd AMCAS deadline, however I will have all of my application complete and submitted (aside from my new MCAT score) by Sept. 1st. If You're planning on applying to schools with the general Oct. 15th deadline, I'd say its cutting it a little too close for comfort. Considering that most schools are on rolling admissions, it would be smart to get your entire application ready to go ASAP. Is this your first time applying?
Well it depends on what you think is late. I'm currently looking to apply to schools with the Nov. 3rd AMCAS deadline, however I will have all of my application complete and submitted (aside from my new MCAT score) by Sept. 1st. If You're planning on applying to schools with the general Oct. 15th deadline, I'd say its cutting it a little too close for comfort. Considering that most schools are on rolling admissions, it would be smart to get your entire application ready to go ASAP. Is this your first time applying?
Hey, thanks for the info 🙂 Yes, this is my first time applying I took the mact in may didn't quiet get the score I was hoping for especially VR 🙁 I spoke with a few people,and they mentioned I wouldn't be getting any invites as I was retaking it so late 🙁
But I still have my hopes high, all I need is an acceptance from one school out of 158...
Is this your first time taking the mcat?
And this is all in the good faith you have in yourself that you will do well on Sept. 18 
I know people who submitted exactly on Oct. 15 last year and got invites, so its possible. This is my second time taking the mcat😡 I'm feeling pretty good about this time around though; I'm one month in on a modified Sn2ed's study schedule. And listen, don't feel too down on yourself for having to retake, it happens to a lot of applicants...its just that no one likes to talk about it.
I know people who submitted exactly on Oct. 15 last year and got invites, so its possible. This is my second time taking the mcat😡 I'm feeling pretty good about this time around though; I'm one month in on a modified Sn2ed's study schedule. And listen, don't feel too down on yourself for having to retake, it happens to a lot of applicants...its just that no one likes to talk about it.
Thanks for the motivation 🙂 I agree that a lot of applicants takes this test multiple times, hopefully the second time will be a charm for me ...
We can do this, let's attack and defeat this beast 😀 😀 😀
I feel ya Wubbles, its going to pay off though....or at least, I hope it doesI hope my fellow 9/18'ers are hanging in there. SN2ed got me down. Worst summer ever.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile
Currently on Day 23 of SN2ed..it's gnarly for sure, but hang in there. Making the most of my break days has been keeping me sane. Also, exercise.I hope my fellow 9/18'ers are hanging in there. SN2ed got me down. Worst summer ever.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile
What do you guys think of the EK 101 compared to the TPRH VW? I feel like EK is a bit easier because most of its questions are recall from the passage...
What do you guys think of the EK 101 compared to the TPRH VW? I feel like EK is a bit easier because most of its questions are recall from the passage...
For some reason I do better with TPRH.
How's it coming guys? I feel like i'm constantly revising my studying tactics, and hardly accomplishing what i feel i can in one day.
what study tactics r u working on?How's it coming guys? I feel like i'm constantly revising my studying tactics, and hardly accomplishing what i feel i can in one day.
Just trying to figure out what kind of studying I lean towards and how to get the most out of my study time mainly..
I found the other day that I need to be more careful about my diet of all things. I'll start studying and forget to eat then get burned out after a while and not know why. I guess I mentally crash (impatient/aggravated) before I start feeling hungry.
I found the other day that I need to be more careful about my diet of all things. I'll start studying and forget to eat then get burned out after a while and not know why. I guess I mentally crash (impatient/aggravated) before I start feeling hungry.
Just trying to figure out what kind of studying I lean towards and how to get the most out of my study time mainly..
I found the other day that I need to be more careful about my diet of all things. I'll start studying and forget to eat then get burned out after a while and not know why. I guess I mentally crash (impatient/aggravated) before I start feeling hungry.
Are you taking mini breaks during your study session? For example 1o minutes every hour? You should let your brain, eyes and body take a quick rest during your sessions. Do some stretches, push ups, jumping jacks, have a snack, drink something etc. This has helped me get through my sessions 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah i do take the 10 min break, and it does help a ton! Right now i would like to get my hands on some more practice tests, but i am unsure what tests to get and which are most similar to the aamc ones.
9/18! Whats the worst that can happen? If you get burnt out just take a few days off and its essentially the same. I'm doing my own schedule, but prob 1/3 done with my preparation, which leaves the remaining 2 months here perfect timing.
I'm on day 33 - although I do need to squeeze one day in one a break day because as it is, the 'test date' is on the 19th for me 🙂
I'm planning to speed up the review process for full lengths a lot, so that should definitely make up time.
I'm planning to speed up the review process for full lengths a lot, so that should definitely make up time.
I think you're talking to me? The 'reply' functions helps since it sends me a notification that I've been replied to.9/18! Whats the worst that can happen? If you get burnt out just take a few days off and its essentially the same. I'm doing my own schedule, but prob 1/3 done with my preparation, which leaves the remaining 2 months here perfect timing.
But yes, I do believe that I will be taking it on 9/18 since an Oct isn't too late for this cycle for DO schools.
I'm afraid that I'll be allocating too much time to verbal and physics and not enough to chem and bio and orgo and bomb that section on my next one..
This is very frustrating.
Admittedly I have acquired 100% of my MCAT reviews as Jack Sparrow would have if he wanted to be a doctor. Everything else was borrowed but was completely redundant except for the fact that i got the physical textbooks.
That being said is anyone that bought the 2014 TBR books, willing to provide a few random page excerpts that can differentiate between the older versions and the newest versions? I have found threads that helped 'buyers' ensure that they were about to buy the correct books from classified ads and my [TBR] set passed all the criteria but I'm just not sure how I can further verify.
Also for anyone that is in a similar situation, I managed to find a single file that included complete sets of EK+TPR+TBR+Kaplan+AAMC #3-9+Audio Osmosis+Princeton Section Exams and have since acquired the TPRH Verbal as well. I can help you find such treasure among the vast 'open ocean' that is the internet, but will not post it on the thread as I'm sure it violates some agreement or another...
Also if there is decent interest I can upload the iCal file I have created for sn2ed's 3 month schedule (just finished Day#37), that lines up exactly for our 9/18 date!
That being said is anyone that bought the 2014 TBR books, willing to provide a few random page excerpts that can differentiate between the older versions and the newest versions? I have found threads that helped 'buyers' ensure that they were about to buy the correct books from classified ads and my [TBR] set passed all the criteria but I'm just not sure how I can further verify.
Also for anyone that is in a similar situation, I managed to find a single file that included complete sets of EK+TPR+TBR+Kaplan+AAMC #3-9+Audio Osmosis+Princeton Section Exams and have since acquired the TPRH Verbal as well. I can help you find such treasure among the vast 'open ocean' that is the internet, but will not post it on the thread as I'm sure it violates some agreement or another...
Also if there is decent interest I can upload the iCal file I have created for sn2ed's 3 month schedule (just finished Day#37), that lines up exactly for our 9/18 date!
Last edited:
thinking of switching to this date, not suree yet! im registered for august 27, im on day 33, and it sucks because i was working and shouldnt have, but i start school end of august, thankfully i have a pretty light workload, and will be living on campus nextdoor to a huge library where i study everyday..anyway. figured by september itll just be FL and i can take out 5 hours out of the day to do that. Has anyone had experience with reschedule, im scared of clicking the button to find out there are no september 18 seats in my area,...
and kingDOM could you send me the ical file, and how do i open it up on macs?
and kingDOM could you send me the ical file, and how do i open it up on macs?
Is it just me...or does it feel like time IS speeding by?!? Please tell me I'm not alone! 


Also if there is decent interest I can upload the iCal file I have created for sn2ed's 3 month schedule (just finished Day#37), that lines up exactly for our 9/18 date!
and kingDOM could you send me the ical file, and how do i open it up on macs?
iCal for September 18, 2014: http://bit.ly/kingDOM_MCAT_iCal_9-18-14
1. Open iCal
2. Click on File
3. Click on Import...
4. Locate the file i have provided
5. Click Import
6. Click New Calendar
7. Click OK
Is it just me...or does it feel like time IS speeding by?!? Please tell me I'm not alone!![]()
No, you're not alone. It's kinda terrifying. I still feel like I know nothing.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile
No, you're not alone. It's kinda terrifying. I still feel like I know nothing.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile
Ya same. I actually plan to take a FL soon (not an AAMC since those are like pure gold) despite sn2ed ripping on diagnostic tests... i just gotta know how i am doing particularly with the material I have already read.
since I have to work everyday i am not really able to start studying before 3pm and then i have been getting tired/fatigued and feel like i have to repeat stuff the next day especially because the "re-read previous chapters" day is like impossible to do starting at 3pm
No, you're not alone. It's kinda terrifying. I still feel like I know nothing.
I'm feeling the exact same anxiety! What are you doing to stay focused Wubbles? Can you give me any suggestions?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile
Ya same. I actually plan to take a FL soon (not an AAMC since those are like pure gold) despite sn2ed ripping on diagnostic tests... i just gotta know how i am doing particularly with the material I have already read.
since I have to work everyday i am not really able to start studying before 3pm and then i have been getting tired/fatigued and feel like i have to repeat stuff the next day especially because the "re-read previous chapters" day is like impossible to do starting at 3pm
The joys of having to work because you need to eat...while studying for the mcat, are simply glorious, wouldn't you say?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A large portion of my time is still being spent on content review. It looks as though I'll have about 1 month for pure practice and FLs. I'm hoping this is enough. What do you guys think? Any suggestions? I actually HAVE to do a good amount of review because I took classes like gen chem and physics almost 3-4 years ago.
If you guys have any questions regarding the SN2 schedule don't hesitate to ask. Did the 3 month plan for the July 24th MCAT
Hi DannySCR! How was the July 24th exam? Also, how closely did you follow the 3month schedule??
Thanks!
Similar threads
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
E
? I just started Sn2ed's 4 month schedule (customized with some extra Kaplan material).