The Official September 18, 2014 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

litokhmaikid

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Where the rest of my September 18th homies at :laugh:? I just started Sn2ed's 4 month schedule (customized with some extra Kaplan material).
 
I'm trying to figure out the same thing too. I didn't add this test date to my app originally but I added it yesterday after getting my score back.

Are you planning on sending each school an update? I was thinking that they would get the new score automatically. Do you think it would be advantageous to send a letter in case they've already reviewed my app?

I'm sending out update letters to schools I haven't heard from as well as schools that notified me I was on pre-interview hold. I know AMCAS automatically gets the new score but it seems a bit much to expect that schools will get push notifications for updated apps...
 
I'm sending out update letters to schools I haven't heard from as well as schools that notified me I was on pre-interview hold. I know AMCAS automatically gets the new score but it seems a bit much to expect that schools will get push notifications for updated apps...


That makes sense. I'll do that as well.

Thanks 🙂
 
Test Date: 9/18/14
Time: 1pm
AAMC Average: 40ish
Post-test expected score: 12/10/13
Actual Score: 36+

For those wondering about curves:
I missed at least one question on BS and at least two questions on PS. I was unsure of about 40% of my verbal answers. I think the curves were like the AAMC FL curves.

I'm a bit disappointed I didn't reach my average but it really came down to a few 50/50 guesses for 2-3 questions (super random ones). I guessed wrong a few times but that's life. Overall, however, it was a good effort.

Lastly, I have to give special thanks to @Cawolf , @Czarcasm , and everyone else who helped me on SDN Q&A over the summer. I literally could not have done it without your collective insight and knowledge.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Test Date: 9/18/14
Time: 1pm
AAMC Average: 40ish
Post-test expected score: 12/10/13
Actual Score: 14/11/14

For those wondering about curves:
I missed at least one question on BS and at least two questions on PS. I was unsure of about 40% of my verbal answers. I think the curves were like the AAMC FL curves.

I'm a bit disappointed I didn't reach my average but it really came down to a few 50/50 guesses for 2-3 questions (super random ones). I guessed wrong a few times but that's life. Overall, however, it was a good effort.

Lastly, I have to give special thanks to @Cawolf , @Czarcasm , and everyone else who helped me on SDN Q&A over the summer. I literally could not have done it without your collective insight and knowledge.
Aww, thanks for the mention... but that was totally all you, haha. What an amazing breakdown!! I never had any doubts you'd do so well and I'm so happy for your success. I hope this is just the beginning of many great things to come and I wish you the best of luck!!
 
Aww, thanks for the mention... but that was totally all you, haha. What an amazing breakdown!! I never had any doubts you'd do so well and I'm so happy for your success. I hope this is just the beginning of many great things to come and I wish you the best of luck!!

OMG a Czarcasm sighting! I thought you were leaving SDN for a while?