The Official September 18, 2014 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

litokhmaikid

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where the rest of my September 18th homies at :laugh:? I just started Sn2ed's 4 month schedule (customized with some extra Kaplan material).

Members don't see this ad.

I'm trying to figure out the same thing too. I didn't add this test date to my app originally but I added it yesterday after getting my score back.

Are you planning on sending each school an update? I was thinking that they would get the new score automatically. Do you think it would be advantageous to send a letter in case they've already reviewed my app?

I'm sending out update letters to schools I haven't heard from as well as schools that notified me I was on pre-interview hold. I know AMCAS automatically gets the new score but it seems a bit much to expect that schools will get push notifications for updated apps...

I'm sending out update letters to schools I haven't heard from as well as schools that notified me I was on pre-interview hold. I know AMCAS automatically gets the new score but it seems a bit much to expect that schools will get push notifications for updated apps...

That makes sense. I'll do that as well.

Test Date: 9/18/14
Time: 1pm
AAMC Average: 40ish
Post-test expected score: 12/10/13
Actual Score: 36+

For those wondering about curves:
I missed at least one question on BS and at least two questions on PS. I was unsure of about 40% of my verbal answers. I think the curves were like the AAMC FL curves.

I'm a bit disappointed I didn't reach my average but it really came down to a few 50/50 guesses for 2-3 questions (super random ones). I guessed wrong a few times but that's life. Overall, however, it was a good effort.

Lastly, I have to give special thanks to @Cawolf , @Czarcasm , and everyone else who helped me on SDN Q&A over the summer. I literally could not have done it without your collective insight and knowledge.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Lastly, I have to give special thanks to @Cawolf , @Czarcasm , and everyone else who helped me on SDN Q&A over the summer. I literally could not have done it without your collective insight and knowledge.

:soexcited::clap::highfive::claps::bow::woot::banana:

Congrats on the awesome score! I just need to try to replicate that now. . . :shrug:

Reactions: 2 users
Test Date: 9/18/14
Time: 1pm
AAMC Average: 40ish
Post-test expected score: 12/10/13
Actual Score: 14/11/14

For those wondering about curves:
I missed at least one question on BS and at least two questions on PS. I was unsure of about 40% of my verbal answers. I think the curves were like the AAMC FL curves.

I'm a bit disappointed I didn't reach my average but it really came down to a few 50/50 guesses for 2-3 questions (super random ones). I guessed wrong a few times but that's life. Overall, however, it was a good effort.

Aww, thanks for the mention... but that was totally all you, haha. What an amazing breakdown!! I never had any doubts you'd do so well and I'm so happy for your success. I hope this is just the beginning of many great things to come and I wish you the best of luck!!

Reactions: 1 users
Aww, thanks for the mention... but that was totally all you, haha. What an amazing breakdown!! I never had any doubts you'd do so well and I'm so happy for your success. I hope this is just the beginning of many great things to come and I wish you the best of luck!!

OMG a Czarcasm sighting! I thought you were leaving SDN for a while?