The Official September 6, 2014 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oxelhs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Bit early, but post here if you're writing on this date. For me, it's looking to be third time's the charm hopefully.

Members don't see this ad.

I had a dream that I got a 34; then woke up realizing it wasn't true. #LOLsadnessfml

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OMG i spent 6 min too... but I need a new case for my ipad and I really wanted to use this 30$...

fml.

Going to follow the August 27th thread and live vicariously through them

Reactions: 1 user
Going to follow the August 27th thread and live vicariously through them
I don't think so almost everyone posted 33+ They would have you think that was the new average and you need a 40+ to get in.

Well Hoping for something above 32 from this date, or at least a high verbal score. Check back in a week!

PS - Definitely hit on my weak areas .... 9
VR - Went way better than 8/27 ... 12+
BS - Really hard. The experimental sections were definitely harder to comprehend, but I think I did fine on them - that ochem was absolutely ridiculous though. SO MUCH OCHEM. ... 10

Unfortunately probably one of the worse exams based on content I could have written. Here's hoping one of these two come back a 31+.
I'm with you on the verbal being better on the 9/6 vs 8/27

I shall buy myself a pint of ice cream before scores come out.
If I'm not mistaken we are getting our trial scores tomorrow right?

Ooh yes, according to their website! That's exciting... it'll be pretty funny to see how I did on Psych considering I was just like wat after finishing the actual exam :p

Members don't see this ad :)
I shall buy myself a pint of ice cream before scores come out.

Ooh yes, according to their website! That's exciting... it'll be pretty funny to see how I did on Psych considering I was just like wat after finishing the actual exam :p
Starting freaking out during the psych trial section. I sat there staring at the screen for like 20 minutes contemplating my future.

Got that $30 in the bank.

I don't know how I scored in the top quarter having randomly guessed answers because I wanted to GTFO immediately but lol.

Biochem Trial: 66% top quarter.

I ran out of time so didn't answer 3 questions of it because I wasn't paying attention to time. Kind of embarrassing because I'm a biochem major but in my defense I hadn't studied for the trial obviously lol

Yay 44% and top quarter lolz

Was your trial section super difficult bc I got 53% of questions correctly and that only put me in the top half. I am happy with $30.00 more than my score.

72% and top quarter, Bcem! Not bad when I couldn't remember any of the proteins or pathways they were talking about :)

Anyone know what the cutoffs are for the feedback? Like is it top half, top quarter, top 10%, top 5%?

Trial section was definitely by far my worst section on the MCAT (a good worst section to have). It was all psych, which is cool EXCEPT for the fact I have never taken a psych class in my life. As expected, I was in the bottom half of test takers with 38%.

Was your trial section super difficult bc I got 53% of questions correctly and that only put me in the top half. I am happy with $30.00 more than my score.

Mine was whatever. I don't even remember-it was psych/soc but it didn't SEEM too difficult actually. If I had used my full time to actually do it I think I would have had a higher percentage and if I had studied beforehand knowing what general topics would be tested I don't think it would have been too bad at all. I know everyone is really scared of MCAT2015 but I think (based on my limited one section experience) that the depth of knowledge required won't be as extensive as everyone thinks.

I scored 41% at the psych/soc trial section and places me to top 50%. I haven't taken psych or soc lol :/ haha! So glad I got that gift card though : ))

Starting to regret a bit that I didn't void and just sign up/take the 1/15 as a first time, and not as a retake. I'm reading around now that retaking is usually seen as not good..?

Hi guys,

I've been lurking this thread for some anxiety relief. Hopefully we all did well!

I got my amazon code today.
I had the psychology/sociology section and scored top quarter with a 59%. Honestly, I read the passage once, answered the questions and just guessed if the answer didn't come straight to my mind. Haven't taken a psych course.
I also stopped at a couple sections and just laid my head on the table since I was pretty burned out.

What are you guys doing to pass the time? I'm getting really scared.

Hi guys,

I've been lurking this thread for some anxiety relief. Hopefully we all did well!

I got my amazon code today.
I had the psychology/sociology section and scored top quarter with a 59%. Honestly, I read the passage once, answered the questions and just guessed if the answer didn't come straight to my mind. Haven't taken a psych course.
I also stopped at a couple sections and just laid my head on the table since I was pretty burned out.

What are you guys doing to pass the time? I'm getting really scared.

I started watching shark tank. I read the book written by the sharks. Then, read more business books. And now, I'm currently brainstorming what invention to create or what business to get into. LOL. I might not get into medicine at this rate haha : ))

I started watching shark tank. I read the book written by the sharks. Then, read more business books. And now, I'm currently brainstorming what invention to create or what business to get into. LOL. I might not get into medicine at this rate haha : ))
Great show. Mr. Wonderful is annoying though. He just attacks a lot of the interviewees for no reason at all. Cuban is the best shark because he comes in after everyone has made a proposal and steals the deal.

I just bought 3lbs of ginger chews from amazon with my gift card. What are you guys and gals going to do with the gift certificate?

did anyone NOT get an email? I can't find it lol

what is the email they sent it from? I'll try searching for it

this is super awkward that I called and they said that I had not put in "good faith effort".....

I had a wishlist for $34.60 on amazon

WHY??!

Reactions: 2 users
this is super awkward that I called and they said that I had not put in "good faith effort".....

I had a wishlist for $34.60 on amazon

WHY??!
that's hilarious. sorry haha! I at least waited 10-15 minutes before I submitted my results even though I spent 2-3 minutes guessing. LOL

Keeping busy with courses since midterms coming up, I just want to get this over with

Three more days :/ Best of luck in this waiting game. May everyone come out victorious!!

I have an anatomy quiz on Tuesday and a midterm on Wednesday. So the MCAT result will decide the fate of both those results lol

I have a cell bio test Tuesday right around the time of score release. I figure I wont look at the score until maybe 10 at night, after the test and after I workout. I know if I look at it before and I'm disappointed Il probably do bad on the test and just not workout at all. Good luck everyone, hopefully all goes well and everyone gets the score they want.

By the way is anyone applying for this cycle? I have submitted some secondary apps and decided to do the rest after the score is released but I feel like I am a little late in the game.