****The Official SIU Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Just sent my check and other papers back yesterday. Also completed and released the background check. Anyone else receive their acceptance information yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Just curious but has anyone on the waitlist heard anything? Any more interviews either?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope. Not a word.
I don't remember what the day was exactly but I know the deposit deadline is coming up here in the next few days. Expect to hear something soon!

Just curious but has anyone on the waitlist heard anything? Any more interviews either?
Nothing yet, just hoping for the good news. I was wonder if they conducted anymore interviews since the last round too. I hope not..

Nothing yet, just hoping for the good news. I was wonder if they conducted anymore interviews since the last round too. I hope not..
I don't think they have. I was under the impression they do most of their interviews before December and accept off the waitlist after the initial acceptances go out

That would be great! I wonder how many offers they're going to extend in this next round..

They accepted 81 total last year so I would expect a good amount. It all depends on how many people accept their offers

I can't wait to find out.. Congratulations again on getting accepted! hopefully we'll be classmates next year :)

Nothing from here either. I have a feeling that schools this cycle are terribly slow in giving out the second wave of acceptances.

Members don't see this ad :)
I spoke to admissions last week and was told that the second round of invites will be sent out sometime this week. Good luck all

Reactions: 1 users
I spoke to admissions last week and was told that the second round of invites will be sent out sometime this week. Good luck all

Thanks hz :) Do you happen to know if they're done with interviews yet?

Thanks hz :) Do you happen to know if they're done with interviews yet?
No problem. I know that they are definitely not done with interviews, but I'm not sure if they have had any post dec interviews yet. Hopefully not..

Got an acceptance today! No call, but it was an updated offer on AADSAS. Good luck everyone!

Congrats! Did you get an email? When did you interview?

I interviewed on November 20th and I didn't get an email or a call. I simply checked my AADSAS today and it said offer made as of yesterday the 22nd

Finally got accepted here! I called in yesterday to ask if they like letters of intent or not and they told me right there on the phone I got accepted that day! Crazy way to find out to say the least lol.

Finally got accepted here! I called in yesterday to ask if they like letters of intent or not and they told me right there on the phone I got accepted that day! Crazy way to find out to say the least lol.

@Koechner3 , Congrats!! Did your AADSAS portal update, too?

I just got an Offer Made on the portal!! I got an email on a conditional background check

Accepted via AADSAS on the 22nd as well, but I will be turning it down. Good luck to those that are still waiting.

Got into UIC so I'll give up my seat if SIU ever gives me an acceptance in the next wave. Hopefully it will help someone. Best of luck to anyone who's still waiting. :)

Anyone get any post December interviews from SIU yet?

Anyone ever hear anything? I was told they just sent out more acceptances

Declined offer. Good luck, hope one of you gets it!

My portal says "SIU/School of Dental Medicine has received your application and your file is complete. The committee is waiting to make a final decision on your file. Once a final decision is made you will be contacted." And hasn't updated/changed since mid-December. Can I call for an update?

Have you gotten an interview? Probably won't hurt to call and check in, it'll at least let them know you're still interested

I interviewed in November and no I haven't called yet. Maybe I'll do that today.

Anyone hear anything from SIU yet? Is the class full yet or are they still interviewing?

I think the class is just about full at 47 or 48

They told me today the class is almost full and they are still having interviews.

Can anyone who currently attends SIU or lives around the area talk a little about the area the school is in? Is it safe? Are there things to do around the town? I'm just not familiar with the area so just wanted some input!

My AADSAS status changed to "Offer Made" this morning, dated 04/04.

Reactions: 1 user
I think the class is just about full at 47 or 48

How do you know this? I've tried calling a couple of times and the secretary will only say that the class is not full.

How do you know this? I've tried calling a couple of times and the secretary will only say that the class is not full.

I got the same response when I called. I was just told the class is not full.

There have been a couple emails to the class members and someone I know that's much more crafty than me looked at all the recipients on the email list and counted 45 or so

I am going to withdraw my seat this Friday. Hopefully it will help someone who is still waiting. Best of luck future colleagues :)

they keep telling me that they're not full and that they're "giving interviews until they fill up" every time i call...anyone know if this is true? or are they just stringing me along and keeping me hopeful until rejection time?

they keep telling me that they're not full and that they're "giving interviews until they fill up" every time i call...anyone know if this is true? or are they just stringing me along and keeping me hopeful until rejection time?

Hey dental diva! I'm getting the same response from admissions. I'm surprised they're still interviewing this late in the game?

I find it really hard to believe SIU is still interviewing applicants at this point in the admissions cycle given that every other dental school is done interviewing. At this point, even if I was offered the opportunity to interview and/or accepted I would decline for several reasons
A. Because I have other acceptances B. It makes me question why they haven't been able to fill their class yet given that they do have lower tuition for IL residents and C. The recent news that the Missouri School of Dentistry and & Oral Health is currently building a clinic in St. Louis and I would be afraid that it may reduce the number of available patients and clinical experiences to SIU students when clinicals started. The following is a link about the new MOSDOH dental clinic opening in St. Louis http://www.heartlandconnection.com/news/story.aspx?id=1038176#.U2rLPVd79Rw

Last edited:
I find it really hard to believe SIU is still interviewing applicants at this point in the admissions cycle given that every other dental school is done interviewing. At this point, even if I was offered the opportunity to interview and/or accepted I would decline for several reasons
A. Because I have other acceptances B. It makes me question why they haven't been able to fill their class yet given that they do have lower tuition for IL residents and C. The recent news that the Missouri School of Dentistry and & Oral Health is currently building a clinic in St. Louis and I would be afraid that it may reduce the number of available patients and clinical experiences to SIU students when clinicals started. The following is a link about the new MOSDOH dental clinic opening in St. Louis http://www.heartlandconnection.com/news/story.aspx?id=1038176#.U2rLPVd79Rw
Well congrats! Some of us don't have the luxury to deny schools when it's our only chance left. I interviewed in November and they still give me the run around about their admissions. I would, without a doubt go here, even if I had prior acceptance elsewhere