***The Official Stony Brook Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

paid deposit but will be declining! good luck guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Still waiting for an acceptance or rejection. Keeping my sanity and hopes up high.:rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I hope you guys hear back soon! Someone last year got into stony in June so never give up!

Has anyone heard from stony brook recently? Interviewed in December and still haven't heard anything

Has anyone heard from stony brook recently? Interviewed in December and still haven't heard anything

Interviewed in October and still haven't heard anything, I think we will probably hear very soon, sometime at the ending of Feb. or beginning of March

Interviewed in October and still haven't heard anything, I think we will probably hear very soon, sometime at the ending of Feb. or beginning of March
I heard of a lot of people getting the rejection email but I still haven't heard of anything. I guess the waitlist hasn't even been made yet

I heard of a lot of people getting the rejection email but I still haven't heard of anything. I guess the waitlist hasn't even been made yet

They might be probably trying to finish interviewing before they make the waitlist. I think me and you are waiting to hear about a potential acceptance/wait list.

Can we please all update each other when we hear about any acceptances/waitlists? :)

During my interview they said a reply was due mid-March at the latest. Not much longer =D

Members don't see this ad :)
Unless things have changed, they do not officially notify you that you have been wait listed. It is an assumption that you are wait listed if you do not get rejected, after rejections have gone out. Good luck!

Last edited:
Does anyone know how well Stony Brook compares clinically to Penn? The tuition at Penn is a lot steeper...

Does anyone know how well Stony Brook compares clinically to Penn? The tuition at Penn is a lot steeper...

You would have to go to both schools to even figure this out. In my opinion all schools are great clinically. See how much you value the price and which area you want to be in.

Unless things have changed, they do not officially notify you that you have been weight listed. It is an assumption that you are weight listed if you do not get rejected, after rejections have gone out. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
DAMN... I'm too heavy right now. So I have to lose weight in order to get off the weight list? Geez.

Homophones.

From what I've heard.. the clinical experience at SB begins earlier than most other schools. The second year students on our tour were already seeing their own patients since October. I'm not sure how this compares to Penn.. but it seems like the clinical experience at Stony is pretty solid.

From what I've heard.. the clinical experience at SB begins earlier than most other schools. The second year students on our tour were already seeing their own patients since October. I'm not sure how this compares to Penn.. but it seems like the clinical experience at Stony is pretty solid.

Penn starts very early as well. Personally I was obsessed with penn

Does anyone know if stony brook is giving out anymore interview invites?

Received their response today. Status = Waitlisted :blackeye:

Spoke to a few people who are still deciding between schools so there will definitely be waitlist movement!

Still waitlisted. If I don't get accepted, then it won't be the end of the world. Knowing a few friends who got accepted in June last year gives me hope. :angelic:

Waitlisted as well, best of luck to everybody

Another one confirmed. That's 30 now. 14 left.

So probably less than 14 seats given that not everyone has fbs

Most regular not-gunner people do ;).

And another confirmed. That's 31 people confirmed going.

More seats will probably start opening since people can't save seats at more than 1 school past April 1

Reactions: 1 users
I wonder how many people on average get off the wait list

Thats all thats confirming now. There are about 3 new members though, dont know if they are commited.

If there is any waitlist movement at all, when we would likely hear about it?