***The Official Texas A&M College of Dentistry Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I am positive! Like you said all 3 schools are great, and your becoming a dentist no matter what. But I have always heard about A&M giving students great clinical exposure and I love how focused they are on community outreach those were 2 big factors for me but also location too, I would die in Houston humidity haha
But if you are having trouble deciding dont worry you have some time and just list some pros and cons to see which one you like the most!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Damn, no email. I guess that means they're still deciding? It's got to be better than a rejection at least.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted 7:18!!!! Excited to meet my fellow classmates!

Last edited:
Accepted 7:24! Extremely excited to meet my classmates for the next four years.
Also today is my birthday, best birthday gift ever! :happy:

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted!! Can't wait to meet everyone

For those of y'all that got accepted, did y'all accepted the offer already by emailing Dr. Miller or are y'all going to wait for the official letter to come in the mail?

For those of y'all that got accepted, did y'all accepted the offer already by emailing Dr. Miller or are y'all going to wait for the official letter to come in the mail?
Im wondering the same thing!! Let me know what you all did!!

I'm waiting for the actual letter to come first. There may be additional instructions on how to proceed.

I also decided to wait for the official letter but Im not sure lol. Congrats to everyone who has been accepted so far!!

I received the formal letter in the mail today and it includes a monetary scholarship (AKA incentive to choose Dallas)!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Was San Antonio after you accepted the offer or on the acceptance email?

Texting a D2 friend of a friend from Dallas... and he just told me he pays $1400/month for rent...:dead: Do y'all know where y'all are going to live?

I have not yet received anything from Texas A&M Dental. I'm hoping I'll receive an acceptance with the January round. The deadline to accept my offer from UT Houston is January 2. If I accept the offer from UT Houston (that is, sign the letter of intent form), is there anything that will prevent me from declining UT Houston if I later get an offer from Texas A&M? I didn't see anything about having to put down a deposit.

do we have a fb group yet?

Texting a D2 friend of a friend from Dallas... and he just told me he pays $1400/month for rent...:dead: Do y'all know where y'all are going to live?
My sister lives in Uptown and her rent is about $1200 but yeah still a lot.. I haven't seen anything less than $1,000

Rejected a few weeks ago. International student. First rejection this cycle haha

For those who did not hear anything back on December 1st, was there any notification on placement on a wait list? Has there been any information received at all? and if waiting fro January round, what is the timeline for that? 1/4/2018

Rejected a few weeks ago. International student. First rejection this cycle haha
Fit2: A&M does NOT take international students, so yuo waited your money. I know they do not bcs I asked them! As a matter of fact none of Texas dental schools take international students, I checked with ADEA. SAD!!

Last edited:
Fit2: A&M does NOT take international students, so yuo waited your money. I know they do not bcs I asked them! As a matter of fact none of Texas dental schools take international students, I checked with ADEA. SAD!!
Called them and they do have 1-2 internationals in their class

Fit2: What country r you from?
I spoke to the TMDSAS advisor and researched ADEA admission records, they do not take international students per se.
In the last 7 years ( as per ADEA statistics) they have not taken any. Maybe they told you they do because their website says so & they can by state law but they choose not too.
I am Canadian on scholarship in Texas, so living here for the last 3.5 years, and have 3.8 GPA ( 3.9 last 3 years) and Texas recognitions to community and recognitions/awards from texas university, university school records and research in dental school biochemistry and I was told they will not even look at my application. My classmates that are Texas residents with GPA 3.4 ( that I actually tutored in org chemistry) and just barely meeting requirements got accepted so unless you have Nobel Prize in science you will never be looked at by any Texas dental school.

For those who did not hear anything back on December 1st, was there any notification on placement on a wait list? Has there been any information received at all? and if waiting fro January round, what is the timeline for that? 1/4/2018
i spoke to them back in december, they did not have a waiting list yet and said their second round would be in Feb.

Fit2: What country r you from?
I spoke to the TMDSAS advisor and researched ADEA admission records, they do not take international students per se.
In the last 7 years ( as per ADEA statistics) they have not taken any. Maybe they told you they do because their website says so & they can by state law but they choose not too.
I am Canadian on scholarship in Texas, so living here for the last 3.5 years, and have 3.8 GPA ( 3.9 last 3 years) and Texas recognitions to community and recognitions/awards from texas university, university school records and research in dental school biochemistry and I was told they will not even look at my application. My classmates that are Texas residents with GPA 3.4 ( that I actually tutored in org chemistry) and just barely meeting requirements got accepted so unless you have Nobel Prize in science you will never be looked at by any Texas dental school.
I'm from Romania.
Also I talked to them and they said that they accept internationals but also the they have a few total in all their classes. I dunno maybe they had a different definitions for what an international is. Also the latest ADEA book said that A&M unlike the other 2 Tx schools not only is the only school that receives internationals but it also has some enrolled. I guess it was just a waste of money but more so time because of their long-oh secondary application

Anyone know the remaining interview dates? I know there is one this week, but any more or are they done interviewing after this week?

I'm from Romania.
Also I talked to them and they said that they accept internationals but also the they have a few total in all their classes. I dunno maybe they had a different definitions for what an international is. Also the latest ADEA book said that A&M unlike the other 2 Tx schools not only is the only school that receives internationals but it also has some enrolled. I guess it was just a waste of money but more so time because of their long-oh secondary application

Fit2: This is too bad, I got into U Michigan which is supposed to be best Dental school in USA . So I am happy but also sad bcs of Texas.

Fit2: This is too bad, I got into U Michigan which is supposed to be best Dental school in USA . So I am happy but also sad bcs of Texas.
Are you an international?
I got into U of M which previously was my dream school but I turned it down which was hard. Really came down to choosing between Upenn, Pitt, and Michigan.

Would also love to know if anyone has heard anything or gotten an interview recently?

Anyone know the remaining interview dates? I know there is one this week, but any more or are they done interviewing after this week?

Are you an international?
I got into U of M which previously was my dream school but I turned it down which was hard. Really came down to choosing between Upenn, Pitt, and Michigan.
fit2: which dental school are you going to?

Would also love to know if anyone has heard anything or gotten an interview recently?
I emailed and heard they are still interviewing in January. It did not specify if it would just be the first or second week

I just received an email for my acceptance into A&M at 9 am, feb 12.

I'm asking for a friend but is there usually any movement for the alternate list between now and matriculation?

3.3 GPA, 19 AA DAT
I've done shadowing, research, and ECs w/leadership positions

Tbh, I was surprised that I got an interview this early. My application was barely processed earlier this month
Hello! Did you get into dental school this cycle?

Could someone share their stats if you got an acceptance on the first round of acceptance?

Status
Not open for further replies.