****The Official UConn c/o 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Faux

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
application complete!

good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Decided to apply here just now.. are there supplementals?

School: UCONN (OOS)
Notification date: 7/22
Method of notification: email
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 2nd batch for everything but committee, 3rd batch for committee.

GPA (science, overall): 3.5, 3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20 AA/21 TS/19 PAT/19 RC/none below 17

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hope I get an interview invite soon

yesssss, their finally starting!!!
But where's my interview!

Faux--were you able to schedule your interview yet? I too got invited to interview yesterday via email, called the contact person this morning, left a message and am yet to hear back.

Faux--were you able to schedule your interview yet? I too got invited to interview yesterday via email, called the contact person this morning, left a message and am yet to hear back.

I called once, got an answering service. Called again about 20 minutes later and she picked up :). I'm on the 19th.

She actually returned my call late this afternoon. I'm on for the 26th.

I got my invite early last week and I'm set for the 8th! my first dental school interview.. idk what to expect!

I received a confirmation email that says interviews begin at 1 pm (other things happen earlier in the day). Does anyone know when we can expect the day to end? I'd like to book a return flight home for that evening.

I received a confirmation email that says interviews begin at 1 pm (other things happen earlier in the day). Does anyone know when we can expect the day to end? I'd like to book a return flight home for that evening.
They said to plan to be at the school from 9am-3:30pm.

@pinklax @Kef318 @Faux did you guys fill out any supplementals? I just paid the fee $75 and not sure if I will have to submit anything else :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Any idea how much time to allow for travel from the school to Bradley International Airport on a Friday?

AADSAS updated my status to "received/under review" on 7/24, other schools say "received/application complete" not sure if there is any significance between the two different status titles... Anyone know earliest to be looking for interview invite if my app was received end of July? I see some people have already been getting invites, which is making me incredibly anxious..literally checking my email every 5 minutes! fingers crossed! Good luck everyone!

mine also became application complete, hope they send out invites soon!!

Just scheduled my interview for the 22nd!! So excited!

Just scheduled my interview for the 22nd!! So excited!

When did you submit your application and then when/how did you hear of your interview invitation if you don't mind me asking?

My application was sent 7/18, but not complete until 8/6 (I was missing one LOR). They notified me by email before my status changed on AADSAS. I know it's really hard waiting. But if your stats are competitive you'll get an interview, just gotta be patient and try not to stress yourself out.

Scheduled my interview! Very excited for the opportunity. Can't wait to meet everyone.

Just got an email that my application is complete. Good luck to everyone!

I got an interview invite last Friday! The person in charge was out of office till Monday,
so I waited and called her yesterday. Apparently the spots for September interviews are mostly filled in,
and the next earliest ones available were October 17th or 20th (if I remember the dates correctly...).
I got the spot for September, but I believe that their spots are getting filled quickly!

Anyone else interviewing September 8th?!

I am so scared guys I really wanna hear from UConn :( do I stand a chance with those stats?
-oGPA 3.5 sGPA 3.43
-AA21 TS20 PAT23
-pretty good and unique application
-NY resident

Congratulations for all of you who have heard from the school! :)

anyone else interviewing tomorrow?

im interviewing this friday, its my first one I'm pretty nervous cause uconn is my number one school

I'll let you know how it goes!

im interviewing this friday, its my first one I'm pretty nervous cause uconn is my number one school
It was really relaxed! The dean talks to you all morning and takes you for a tour. Then you have lunch with students before an interview with two faculty members which is about 20 minutes long. Nothing out of the blue with questions, just clarifying things already included in your application. Good luck!!

It was really relaxed! The dean talks to you all morning and takes you for a tour. Then you have lunch with students before an interview with two faculty members which is about 20 minutes long. Nothing out of the blue with questions, just clarifying things already included in your application. Good luck!!
That sounds great, i feel more relaxed now thanks for letting me know!

Was the interview done at 3:30 or did you have to stay longer?

They start at 1, and I was the first one to go so I was out by 1:30. Other people had to sit and wait a bit

Had my interview today. Seems like a wonderful program and the staff is very, very welcoming. Those who get an interview, no reason to be nervous. Just be yourself and enjoy the ride. Did anyone else have it today?

Had my interview today. Seems like a wonderful program and the staff is very, very welcoming. Those who get an interview, no reason to be nervous. Just be yourself and enjoy the ride. Did anyone else have it today?
So did I! ;) Such a wonderful school!

Thanks! Good luck in the rest of your interviews!

Anyone who interviewed here, did your AADSAS status change to something other than "Invited for Interview"? Mine changed last night to check back on Dec. 1st

same.

Mine changed. I just checked today. I interviewed November 3rd

"Please check back on December 1 for more information regarding your decision status with this school"

Is that what it says for you guys?

Last edited:
Around mid sept I believe. what does yours say?
Oh no.. mine was November 3rd too and it never changed. I read on other threads that those whose status changed means acceptance, but everyone is just hypothesizing. But the fact that someone's changed with the same interview date as mine leads me to believe that it's not good news for me..

Mine changed. I just checked today. I interviewed November 3rd

"Please check back on December 1 for more information regarding your decision status with this school"

Is that what it says for you guys?
Same date. I'm so upset! :arghh:

someone also said it was random in the other threads so I wouldn't worry!