****The Official UConn c/o 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Started by Faux
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Oh no.. mine was November 3rd too and it never changed. I read on other threads that those whose status changed means acceptance, but everyone is just hypothesizing. But the fact that someone's changed with the same interview date as mine leads me to believe that it's not good news for me..

Or it could mean bad news for us and good news for you! Don't even think about it. You'll just go crazy thinking about what it could all mean. I haven't checked this forum for the last two weeks for that very reason.
 
Or it could mean bad news for us and good news for you! Don't even think about it. You'll just go crazy thinking about what it could all mean. I haven't checked this forum for the last two weeks for that very reason.
Thanks for putting things in perspective for me! You're right and I think I'll avoid checking the portal until Dec. 1st because I'm just getting myself worked up. We'll find out in less than a week and hopefully it's good news for everyone!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine changed to "check back" this morning and I interviewed September 8th. The next six days are going to be so slow.. Hope everyone has a happy thanksgiving !!
 
Mine changed to "check back" this morning and I interviewed September 8th. The next six days are going to be so slow.. Hope everyone has a happy thanksgiving !!

I also interviewed Sept 8th and had my status change this morning...really hoping it's good news!! Fingers crossed for all of us to make it through this week 🙂
 
Maybe it depends on when you interviewed? I interviewed on Halloween day and I received the notification to "check back on Dec. 1" on Nov. 22/23
 
Yea I guess it just depends when you interviewed. I went last week and it says I've been In Committee since 11/22. Probably won't change for weeks
 
I interviewed 9/22. Now I'm a little scared!


I wouldn't be too worried! At least yours says to check back. It might also depend on when the interviewers do their write ups and when they can make it to an admissions meeting. Stay positive 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I saw on a different forum someone says that it only says Dec 2 on the mobile portal but not on the regular one? I'm not sure though, but I hope this helps!

You're right pumpkin_spice! It says December 1 on the regular website and Dec 2nd on the mobile site. Thanks everyone for helping me keep calm 🙂
 
wait listed via aadsas mobile.. pretty bummed, this was a top choice for me. It was my first interview back in september, so I knew it wasn't one of my best.
 
Congrats!! offer made! Apparently the actual website isn't updated yet, but the mobile AADSAS is updated!!
 
Does anyone ever make it off the uconn waitlist?

It can definitely happen, though I don't think it happens often. I was waitlisted last year. Just email Trisha any updates in your volunteering or other experiences until you hear back again. It also never hurts to touch base with Dr. Thibodeau after a few weeks just to remind him that you're still interested.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to those who were accepted! As far as the wait-list goes, it is usually a slow mover, though I can think of at least a few of my classmates that were wait-listers. That said, I believe that last year had a larger than normal amount of acceptances per offer and nearly no wait-listers made it. The take home point is that it is variable from year to year here. If you have any questions about the school, feel free to ask. 🙂
 
Hey, me and a fellow future student are organizing a trip to Singo Sushi in waterbury sometime next week! Let me know what times most people would be down to meet up. Currently, we plan on meeting at some point between Tuesday to Friday past 3.
 
just curious, to those who were accepted, when do you have to submit your deposit by?
 
Hi! Does the admissions office release where a student lies on the waitlist if they call and ask? I distinctly remember them saying that they assigned everyone a number so just having an idea of whether or not to get my hopes up would be nice haha.
 
Hi! Does the admissions office release where a student lies on the waitlist if they call and ask? I distinctly remember them saying that they assigned everyone a number so just having an idea of whether or not to get my hopes up would be nice haha.
I called to ask that question and left a message but no response yet
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I noticed past SDN members were offered full rides at Uconn. Anyone get lucky this year? If so, was it by email/call?
 
Last edited:
On top of that, did anyone get a letter of acceptance in the mail? I only have the email and AADSAS status from december 1st.