****The Official UIC Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

I just got the call from Carolyn! Will be attending :)

Good luck to those who are still waiting. I hope we'll be classmates.

Congrats future dentist/fellow comrade:prof:!!! That acceptance was well deserved. Sucks we won't be in the same class but the UIC class of 2018 is lucky to have you.

What a roller coaster ride....

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats future dentist/fellow comrade:prof:!!! That acceptance was well deserved. Sucks we won't be in the same class but the UIC class of 2018 is lucky to have you.

What a roller coaster ride....

Thanks buddy. What a blessing to share this ride with you since December. I still wish that we can be classmates :p

Members don't see this ad :)
hey,
m foreign trained dentist. m out state resident. can i apply for uic??? looks like they take only in state

Anyone know how full the class is at this point?

Anyone know how full the class is at this point?

I think the class is probably full given such a small size and they're sending out acceptances based on whether a spot opens up.

Members don't see this ad :)
pretty sure it's full but i keep getting that darn housing e-mail! what a tease, uic. :thumbdown:

pretty sure it's full but i keep getting that darn housing e-mail! what a tease, uic. :thumbdown:
You can always respond to the housing email asking them nicely to take you off of their housing email list. That's what I did because the teaser emails are annoying when still waiting for an acceptance or a decision from them.

I haven't heard anything from this school, at all. My status on AADSAS is Received/Application Complete and has been since October. Does anyone know if I can call and find status of application?

I haven't heard anything from this school, at all. My status on AADSAS is Received/Application Complete and has been since October. Does anyone know if I can call and find status of application?
Good luck trying to get a straight answer from them!

Good luck trying to get a straight answer from them!

Seriously? Their website says not to call for updates but I'd much rather go to uic. Do they send requests via email or letter? (My email got shut down :-( )

I will see Carolyn tomorrow, so I'll ask her in person about whether the class is full yet for you guys.

Seriously? Their website says not to call for updates but I'd much rather go to uic. Do they send requests via email or letter? (My email got shut down :-( )

I would either call or email Carolyn about this, especially if your status has been "Received/Application Complete" since October. If you are waitlisted, your AADSAS status will be updated, and you'll get an email from them. If you're accepted, you will receive a call, get an acceptance email, and an AADSAS status update. Anyhow, you need to make sure your email is working so that you can receive all the updates from them.

I will see Carolyn tomorrow, so I'll ask her in person about whether the class is full yet for you guys.

I would either call or email Carolyn about this, especially if your status has been "Received/Application Complete" since October. If you are waitlisted, your AADSAS status will be updated, and you'll get an email from them. If you're accepted, you will receive a call, get an acceptance email, and an AADSAS status update. Anyhow, you need to make sure your email is working so that you can receive all the updates from them.

Thanks! And it was working but uiuc shut it down 1 year after graduation without notice. I'll give her a call tomorrow.

Yeah the class is currently full... There might be some movements after April 1st for the people who received "Waitlisted" status.

Good luck guys.

Anyone on here wonder the way that UIC waitlists applicants? It's strange in comparison to the way other dental schools waitlist applicants. It seems like some pre December interviewees were waitlisted in December, others in January, and more in February. What's the logic behind waitlisting people like that? Wouldn't they waitlist all pre December interviewees in December if the admissions committee was meeting once a month reviewing applications?

And as for the applicants who were waitlisted, it seems like many have really solid DAT scores, and grades that are at or above average not just for UIC, but many other dental schools. Some already have multiple acceptances (besides UIC), scholarships other schools, etc. According to the "2012 ADEA Official Guide To Dental Schools" it reports that the UIC entering class average AA/PAT/TS were 19.4/19.4/19.3 w/ranges of 16-24/15-25/15-24 and average science GPA of 3.4 w/range of 2.36-4.12 and total GPA of 3.5 w/ranges of 2.32-4.07. So, my question is does anyone else besides myself find it odd that UIC has a range of these DAT scores and grades for an entering class, but many of the waitlisted applicants at UIC have DAT scores and grades that are clearly at or above the average?

Anyone on here wonder the way that UIC waitlists applicants? It's strange in comparison to the way other dental schools waitlist applicants. It seems like some pre December interviewees were waitlisted in December, others in January, and more in February. What's the logic behind waitlisting people like that? Wouldn't they waitlist all pre December interviewees in December if the admissions committee was meeting once a month reviewing applications?

And as for the applicants who were waitlisted, it seems like many have really solid DAT scores, and grades that are at or above average not just for UIC, but many other dental schools. Some already have multiple acceptances (besides UIC), scholarships other schools, etc. According to the "2012 ADEA Official Guide To Dental Schools" it reports that the UIC entering class average AA/PAT/TS were 19.4/19.4/19.3 w/ranges of 16-24/15-25/15-24 and average science GPA of 3.4 w/range of 2.36-4.12 and total GPA of 3.5 w/ranges of 2.32-4.07. So, my question is does anyone else besides myself find it odd that UIC has a range of these DAT scores and grades for an entering class, but many of the waitlisted applicants at UIC have DAT scores and grades that are clearly at or above the average?
Good question about the difference between wait listers. I'm in the same boat of having multiple acceptances/scholarships. Uic used to be my first choice, but I've sort of soured on them. Let me know if you find out any more info. Thnx

Does anyone know if the dental post bac is full?

Hey guys what's the admission office's phone number I can't find it?

Did you give them a call? I thought that at this point your status isn't supposed to say "invited for interview"
Could you pm me the number I should call? They don't have a number on their website.

Yea the status has been unchanged since January.

Does anyone know roughly how many people with deposits at uic have multiple deposits elsewhere? In other words, do waitlisters still have a chance?

Could you pm me the number I should call? They don't have a number on their website.

Yea the status has been unchanged since January.

I've been "invited for interview" since October...
...I'd better get an epic rejection letter for having been strung out this long.

I've been "invited for interview" since October...
...I'd better get an epic rejection letter for having been strung out this long.
don't hold your breath. same thing happened to me last year....actually received my rejection letter from them about this exact time. hmmm

Hi Guys I have been reading theses forums for some months now and have just signed up. I needed your help in answering some questions I had about UIC College of Dentistry. Well basically I wanted to know if I had any chance of getting in, im applying in June.
My stats:
GPA- 3.48
Science GPA- 3.34
DAT 20
PAT 20
I have not done any research ( was always too busy and couldnt find a position), I have tons of community related experience in the sense that I work with a non-profit organization with autistic children and have been doing so for the past 3-4 years. Completed shadowing and have all other requirements.
Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Hi Guys I have been reading theses forums for some months now and have just signed up. I needed your help in answering some questions I had about UIC College of Dentistry. Well basically I wanted to know if I had any chance of getting in, im applying in June.
My stats:
GPA- 3.48
Science GPA- 3.34
DAT 20
PAT 20
I have not done any research ( was always too busy and couldnt find a position), I have tons of community related experience in the sense that I work with a non-profit organization with autistic children and have been doing so for the past 3-4 years. Completed shadowing and have all other requirements.
Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

I sent you a pm

Anybody get an email about spring 2014 grade updates?

Hello all, I am a prospective applicant for UIC dental school. I was hoping to see if you anyone of you or someone you know took a Master's Program at either Midwestern MABS or Rosalind Franklin BMS programs prior to applying to this school. Any acceptance feedback would be much appreciated. Thank you.