You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
****The Official UIC Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread****
Started by jkswimman
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Based off the dental schools twitter account it sounds like they were done sending acceptances a few hours ago. At my interview they said they would send around 35 acceptances on December 2nd. https://twitter.com/UICCOD_StudAdmNope. I have no idea if they go by last name or interview date.
I saw on another thread that someone got a call from uic at around 9:30. That's about it. Starting to lose my hope 🙁
Based off the dental schools twitter account it sounds like they were done sending acceptances a few hours ago. At my interview they said they would send around 35 acceptances on December 2nd. https://twitter.com/UICCOD_StudAdm
Thanks for the info. I just saw that on their facebook as well.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you guys know if there will be a second round of offers or if they are pretty much done?
Do you guys know if there will be a second round of offers or if they are pretty much done?
I think the next round will be in early January. Hopefully we'll have more luck by then.
Got a waitlisted email from UIC late last night. Anyone else get this?
Nope I got nothing. No update and AADSAS is still "invited to interview" lol
Same here, got the waitlist email as well.Got a waitlisted email from UIC late last night. Anyone else get this?
Anyone else besides me who still hasn't gotten any updates from uic? I have a bad feeling about this.
Still no word from UIC one way or the other....I have to say I'm genuinely in disbelief that I haven't heard anything yet. This was one school where I was pretty confident my interview went well and with my DAT score and gpa, thought I would have heard good news by now. Bummed!
Wait List email here!
So looks like it's either waitlist or silent treatment. I wonder what that means for us @SerboDent
Not sure what that really means for us. How confident were you that you would get an offer? I was pretty confident...that's why I'm so shocked I haven't heard anything yet. Do we actually know how many people have received acceptance letters so far? I think I've only seen one or maybe two people on this forum that have said they have been accepted. I'm just hoping that they are REALLY slow about calling people...wishful thinkingSo looks like it's either waitlist or silent treatment. I wonder what that means for us @SerboDent
Im kind of confused as to how there is a wait list already!? At the interview they said they would only call 35 people out of 41 spots on Dec 2nd...
Not sure what that really means for us. How confident were you that you would get an offer? I was pretty confident...that's why I'm so shocked I haven't heard anything yet. Do we actually know how many people have received acceptance letters so far? I think I've only seen one or maybe two people on this forum that have said they have been accepted. I'm just hoping that they are REALLY slow about calling people...wishful thinking
I heard from different sources that they sent out acceptances to 35 people yesterday. And I was pretty confident at first because I'm from their school lol and my stats are solid, but now I don't know anymore. Trust me I was equally shocked too, especially talking to some faculty members from the COD who are/are not in the admission committee and they all said that I was a strong candidate. Oh well...
Their admission Facebook website said "congrats to people who received calls" before noon yesterday.
Im kind of confused as to how there is a wait list already!? At the interview they said they would only call 35 people out of 41 spots on Dec 2nd...
Where did you get that there are only 41 spots? So 9 spots out of 50 are reserved? From my knowledge there are only 4 GPPA people.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I heard from different sources that they sent out acceptances to 35 people yesterday. And I was pretty confident at first because I'm from their school lol and my stats are solid, but now I don't know anymore. Trust me I was equally shocked too, especially talking to some faculty members from the COD who are/are not in the admission committee and they all said that I was a strong candidate. Oh well...
Their admission Facebook website said "congrats to people who received calls" before noon yesterday.
Where did you get that there are only 41 spots? So 9 spots out of 50 are reserved? From my knowledge there are only 4 GPPA people.
There are spots reserved for GPPA, DMD/PhD, and International students... Yes, the class is extremely small and there are less spots available for regular candidates.
My AADSAS status still shows "Invited for interview"...no email from them....

You mind posting your stats and when you interviewed?My AADSAS status still shows "Invited for interview"...no email from them....![]()
Interviewed in October
GPA: 3.8
DAT AA 23
GPA: 3.8
DAT AA 23
Last edited:
Yeah I'm pretty much in the same boat...confusingInterviewed in October
GPA (science, non-science) 3.8, 4.0
DAT AA 23 TS 25
Doesn't look too good, unfortunately. I would assume that those on the wait list are better positioned in line for acceptances (we aren't even in line)
Doesn't look too good, unfortunately. I would assume that those on the wait list are better positioned in line for acceptances (we aren't even in line)
I don't know about this. I'm finger-crossing right now that maybe hearing nothing is a good thing in this case (meaning that they're still reviewing our apps).
I also interviewed in October as well. The lady in the admissions committee told me that they do not reject anyone till late-march.
Last edited:
I can't believe that there were that many applicants that were more qualified? Could someone that has been waitlisted please post their interview date and stats?Doesn't look too good, unfortunately. I would assume that those on the wait list are better positioned in line for acceptances (we aren't even in line)
I interviewed in September...around the 22nd I think. My stats were good enough to get me an early interview date (I think I was part of the 2nd or 3rd group interviewed)...so I'm hoping that by us hearing nothing yet, that might be a good sign? again, might be wishful thinking on my part lol.
I heard from different sources that they sent out acceptances to 35 people yesterday. And I was pretty confident at first because I'm from their school lol and my stats are solid, but now I don't know anymore. Trust me I was equally shocked too, especially talking to some faculty members from the COD who are/are not in the admission committee and they all said that I was a strong candidate. Oh well...
Their admission Facebook website said "congrats to people who received calls" before noon yesterday.
Where did you get that there are only 41 spots? So 9 spots out of 50 are reserved? From my knowledge there are only 4 GPPA people.
They told us in the interview, there were only 41 spots left....
Is there a Facebook group yet?!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone, I figured I would make a Facebook page. Sending in my deposit for UIC tomorrow!
The facebook page is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/618314961566056/
The facebook page is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/618314961566056/
Last edited:
I just received an interview invite today. Can anyone let me know what to expect? I'm pretty nervous..
You can send me a PM with any questions you may have.
Anyone considering UIC concerned with the format of the curriculum?
I think in the end of the day you will get used to it and be fine with it. The D1s I've talked to all said that.
I don't know why, but I'm totally blanking out on whether we filled the Safety and Technical Standards form out during interview day: http://dentistry.uic.edu/UserFiles/...sp Students/DMD Safety and Tech Standards.pdf
Can anyone help refresh my memory? Thanks!
Can anyone help refresh my memory? Thanks!
Yea they wanted us to sign it before we left during my interviewI don't know why, but I'm totally blanking out on whether we filled the Safety and Technical Standards form out during interview day: http://dentistry.uic.edu/UserFiles/Servers/Server_1299465/File/Prosp Students/DMD Safety and Tech Standards.pdf
Can anyone help refresh my memory? Thanks!
Nothing here yet. The awkward silence continues...I really don't anticipate much movement either seeing as how they are one of the smaller dental schools in the U.S. after the reduction in class size last year.Has anyone from the waitlist heard from the school (i.e. been offered a spot)? also is there anyone whos been accepted but has denied their spot? Just would like to know what are the chances for those who have placed on the waitlist. thanks guys.
Their silence turning anyone else off?
Not when you have nowhere to turn to 😛
I received an Alternate/Wait List email today from UIC. Sigh..... 🙁
When did you interview? I ask this because when I interviewed they said that they wouldn't disclose any info until early March.I received an Alternate/Wait List email today from UIC. Sigh..... 🙁
I received an Alternate/Wait List email today from UIC. Sigh..... 🙁
Same here.... I interviewed late September.
Wait list here as well. Late September.
Best of luck to everyone else 🙂
Best of luck to everyone else 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When did you interview? I ask this because when I interviewed they said that they wouldn't disclose any info until early March.
I interviewed mid-October.
I received an Alternate/Wait List email today from UIC. Sigh..... 🙁
Unreal. I don't understand why they would wait-list some people on Dec. 2nd, then keep others (early interviewees) waiting for 2 months to receive the same fate.
Regardless, I hope good news comes for everyone soon. Does UIC at least disclose where you stand on the wait list?
Unreal. I don't understand why they would wait-list some people on Dec. 2nd, then keep others (early interviewees) waiting for 2 months to receive the same fate.Regardless, I hope good news comes for everyone soon.
Does UIC at least disclose where you stand on the wait list?
They said the wait list is not ranked and that they will look at the whole wait list whenever a spot opens up... Oh, UIC.
Good luck to everybody!
Unreal. I don't understand why they would wait-list some people on Dec. 2nd, then keep others (early interviewees) waiting for 2 months to receive the same fate.Regardless, I hope good news comes for everyone soon.
Does UIC at least disclose where you stand on the wait list?
I'm trying hard not to lose all hope for this cycle. I'm frustrated beyond belief.
I'm trying hard not to lose all hope for this cycle. I'm frustrated beyond belief.
I just got the call from Carolyn! Will be attending 🙂
Good luck to those who are still waiting. I hope we'll be classmates.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 21
- Views
- 13K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K