****The Official UIC Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Nope. I have no idea if they go by last name or interview date.

I saw on another thread that someone got a call from uic at around 9:30. That's about it. Starting to lose my hope :(

Members don't see this ad.

Nope. I have no idea if they go by last name or interview date.

I saw on another thread that someone got a call from uic at around 9:30. That's about it. Starting to lose my hope :(
Based off the dental schools twitter account it sounds like they were done sending acceptances a few hours ago. At my interview they said they would send around 35 acceptances on December 2nd. https://twitter.com/UICCOD_StudAdm

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys know if there will be a second round of offers or if they are pretty much done?

Do you guys know if there will be a second round of offers or if they are pretty much done?

I think the next round will be in early January. Hopefully we'll have more luck by then.

Got a waitlisted email from UIC late last night. Anyone else get this?

Nope I got nothing. No update and AADSAS is still "invited to interview" lol

Anyone else besides me who still hasn't gotten any updates from uic? I have a bad feeling about this.

Still no word from UIC one way or the other....I have to say I'm genuinely in disbelief that I haven't heard anything yet. This was one school where I was pretty confident my interview went well and with my DAT score and gpa, thought I would have heard good news by now. Bummed!

So looks like it's either waitlist or silent treatment. I wonder what that means for us @SerboDent

So looks like it's either waitlist or silent treatment. I wonder what that means for us @SerboDent
Not sure what that really means for us. How confident were you that you would get an offer? I was pretty confident...that's why I'm so shocked I haven't heard anything yet. Do we actually know how many people have received acceptance letters so far? I think I've only seen one or maybe two people on this forum that have said they have been accepted. I'm just hoping that they are REALLY slow about calling people...wishful thinking

Members don't see this ad :)
Im kind of confused as to how there is a wait list already!? At the interview they said they would only call 35 people out of 41 spots on Dec 2nd...

Not sure what that really means for us. How confident were you that you would get an offer? I was pretty confident...that's why I'm so shocked I haven't heard anything yet. Do we actually know how many people have received acceptance letters so far? I think I've only seen one or maybe two people on this forum that have said they have been accepted. I'm just hoping that they are REALLY slow about calling people...wishful thinking

I heard from different sources that they sent out acceptances to 35 people yesterday. And I was pretty confident at first because I'm from their school lol and my stats are solid, but now I don't know anymore. Trust me I was equally shocked too, especially talking to some faculty members from the COD who are/are not in the admission committee and they all said that I was a strong candidate. Oh well...

Their admission Facebook website said "congrats to people who received calls" before noon yesterday.

Im kind of confused as to how there is a wait list already!? At the interview they said they would only call 35 people out of 41 spots on Dec 2nd...

Where did you get that there are only 41 spots? So 9 spots out of 50 are reserved? From my knowledge there are only 4 GPPA people.

I heard from different sources that they sent out acceptances to 35 people yesterday. And I was pretty confident at first because I'm from their school lol and my stats are solid, but now I don't know anymore. Trust me I was equally shocked too, especially talking to some faculty members from the COD who are/are not in the admission committee and they all said that I was a strong candidate. Oh well...

Their admission Facebook website said "congrats to people who received calls" before noon yesterday.

Where did you get that there are only 41 spots? So 9 spots out of 50 are reserved? From my knowledge there are only 4 GPPA people.

There are spots reserved for GPPA, DMD/PhD, and International students... Yes, the class is extremely small and there are less spots available for regular candidates.

My AADSAS status still shows "Invited for interview"...no email from them....:shrug:

Interviewed in October
GPA: 3.8
DAT AA 23

Last edited:
Doesn't look too good, unfortunately. I would assume that those on the wait list are better positioned in line for acceptances (we aren't even in line)

Doesn't look too good, unfortunately. I would assume that those on the wait list are better positioned in line for acceptances (we aren't even in line)

I don't know about this. I'm finger-crossing right now that maybe hearing nothing is a good thing in this case (meaning that they're still reviewing our apps).

I also interviewed in October as well. The lady in the admissions committee told me that they do not reject anyone till late-march.

Last edited:
I can't believe that there were that many applicants that were more qualified? Could someone that has been waitlisted please post their interview date and stats?

I interviewed in September...around the 22nd I think. My stats were good enough to get me an early interview date (I think I was part of the 2nd or 3rd group interviewed)...so I'm hoping that by us hearing nothing yet, that might be a good sign? again, might be wishful thinking on my part lol.

So just heard from Carolyn, and she said that final decisions on all applicants aren't made until April 1st and that some students may move to offer or waitlist, but no all do...
Take that for what its worth, just thought I would give people a heads up

How much money are we required to put down when we accept?

Turned down acceptance. Good luck to those still waiting.

Reactions: 1 user
I just received an interview invite today. Can anyone let me know what to expect? I'm pretty nervous..

Anyone considering UIC concerned with the format of the curriculum?

Anyone considering UIC concerned with the format of the curriculum?

I think in the end of the day you will get used to it and be fine with it. The D1s I've talked to all said that.

Has anyone from the waitlist heard from the school (i.e. been offered a spot)? also is there anyone whos been accepted but has denied their spot? Just would like to know what are the chances for those who have placed on the waitlist. thanks guys.

Has anyone from the waitlist heard from the school (i.e. been offered a spot)? also is there anyone whos been accepted but has denied their spot? Just would like to know what are the chances for those who have placed on the waitlist. thanks guys.
Nothing here yet. The awkward silence continues...I really don't anticipate much movement either seeing as how they are one of the smaller dental schools in the U.S. after the reduction in class size last year.

I received an Alternate/Wait List email today from UIC. Sigh..... :(

When did you interview? I ask this because when I interviewed they said that they wouldn't disclose any info until early March.

Wait list here as well. Late September.

Best of luck to everyone else :)

When did you interview? I ask this because when I interviewed they said that they wouldn't disclose any info until early March.

I interviewed mid-October.

Unreal. I don't understand why they would wait-list some people on Dec. 2nd, then keep others (early interviewees) waiting for 2 months to receive the same fate. :wtf:Regardless, I hope good news comes for everyone soon.

Does UIC at least disclose where you stand on the wait list?

Unreal. I don't understand why they would wait-list some people on Dec. 2nd, then keep others (early interviewees) waiting for 2 months to receive the same fate. :wtf:Regardless, I hope good news comes for everyone soon.

They said the wait list is not ranked and that they will look at the whole wait list whenever a spot opens up... Oh, UIC.

Good luck to everybody!

I'm trying hard not to lose all hope for this cycle. I'm frustrated beyond belief.

I'm trying hard not to lose all hope for this cycle. I'm frustrated beyond belief.

I just got the call from Carolyn! Will be attending :)

Good luck to those who are still waiting. I hope we'll be classmates.