**** The Official UMDNJ Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

R3DEUCE

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Trying to reach out to future classmates :) Has anyone submitted their deposit yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Nope not yet! I'm planning on doing so within the next week as I don't want mail to be delayed for any crazy snowstorms or weather considering what's been going on with the east coast lately with regards to weather.

Def need to get to that certiphi background stuff asap though...

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to you too... did you do the certiphi yet? Do we need to document when filling out the certiphi stuff about speeding tickets? Is that considered a criminal offense? haha

Yes, I did everything the very first week. I get very paranoid with delays and they're inevitable!

From what I have heard, each state categorizes their traffic offenses differently. In Florida, they are not misdemeanors. I pulled up my driving record to verify. I believe during my interview they mentioned that they had to rescind someone's acceptance because in Virginia, it IS a misdemeanor and the applicant failed to document it. Regardless, Certiphi allows you to review the background check before it is released to the school. I believe they give you about 10 days or so, which is great!

Yeah Dr. Chaviano also mentioned that when I came in for the interview. What exactly do you mean by certiphi allows you to review the background check before its released?

They sent me an email letting me know it was ready for my review. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355846610.443578.jpg

I logged in and then clicked on the option to release the report.

I gotta get my stuff together! I'm pretty sure I'm going with UMDNJ. I have to actually read their email with all the info now lol. What form is your deposit in? Certified check? And then you just mail it to them?

First deposit is in the first attachment.
Second attachment lists all of the forms to be completed with their respective mailing addresses and fax numbers
The rest includes disclosure forms, second deposit, etc.

The link to Certiphi is right on that email.

Yes definitely! There's also a disciplinary disclosure form that needs to be completed by your schools. This can be faxed though. Since some schools are closing for the holidays, I would get on it ASAP.

Thank you for the info! I just sent it to my undergrad. Do you know if the check for the deposit has to be a certified check? Also, did you just mail in the rest of the forms with your deposit form?

Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad :)
holy **** this disciplinary action form had to be sent back to them within 15 days after receiving it i totally did not read this ajdsfoasjoidfsa

holy **** this disciplinary action form had to be sent back to them within 15 days after receiving it i totally did not read this ajdsfoasjoidfsa

Me too!! I hope they don't mind.

I mailed all of the forms along with both deposits. I paid with a check and they cashed it just fine. I don't believe it needed to be cashiers. Just a check or money order was fine if I'm not mistaken.

Me too!! I hope they don't mind.

I'm glad someone's in the same boat as me ... Well I quickly got the form to the dean's office today and since it CAN be faxed they said it shouldn't take more than a couple of days to send out...

Try to do it asap because... i'm not sure about your school... but my school closes their offices starting on the 24th till like Jan 2nd

I'm glad someone's in the same boat as me ... Well I quickly got the form to the dean's office today and since it CAN be faxed they said it shouldn't take more than a couple of days to send out...

Try to do it asap because... i'm not sure about your school... but my school closes their offices starting on the 24th till like Jan 2nd

Yea, I think mine is the same. I emailed them the form today but they haven't gotten back to me yet. I'm going to call on Thursday to see if they sent it!

Definitely call because they didn't respond to my email either.

hey guys...

I received my certiphi stuff today and although they charge 150 dollars the "Actual charge amount" came out to only $42.25

Is this normal? does anyone know what this means? Just curious... def not complaining :D

hey guys...

I received my certiphi stuff today and although they charge 150 dollars the "Actual charge amount" came out to only $42.25

Is this normal? does anyone know what this means? Just curious... def not complaining :D

Yes, ended up being around $70 because I've lived in 2 states and they needed records from both.

Im from NY, they charged me $116.

Quick question
Our acceptances are contingent upon our grades for senior year. Does anyone know what specific grade we need to keep our acceptance? These are for classes for my major, not prereq courses.

Quick question
Our acceptances are contingent upon our grades for senior year. Does anyone know what specific grade we need to keep our acceptance? These are for classes for my major, not prereq courses.

You may want to give the school a call for an accurate answer.

Quick question

I recall Dr. Chaviano saying at the interview that you must continue to maintaining your academic performance. Interpret it in any way you want... I would assume no C letter grades ... but that's just me

For everyone who interviewed at UMDNJ this cycle, what did your interviewers ask you? This is my first choice school and I really really really want to be prepared for my interview. I'm running out of hope and this is my last shot at getting in anywhere.

I will be there later this summer !!!!! Very excited

Does anyone know if there's an official class of 2017 group on Facebook?

I was rejected today via email for any of those just wondering what UMDNJ is up to currently in their process.

as did i, along with a couple other ppl i know not on SDN... looks like today was D-day for jersey

For those who were rejected, how many of you interviewed there and got the waitlist e-mail Dec 3rd?

When do we have to send in our second deposit? And did anyone get confirmation in anyway that our check was received/ our seat is reserved? If y'all do please post it in this thread :)

Last edited:
When do we have to send in our second deposit? And did anyone get confirmation in anyway that our check was received/ our seat is reserved? If y'all do please post it in this thread :)

Hey there! Second deposit is due April 1st but I sent both of mine together. They didn't send a confirmation; I just checked my bank account. I also called to verify that they received all of my paperwork. I'm sure we'll be receiving something soon. It is my understanding they will be providing us with a NJDS email for further communication. :)

Nancy V.
UMDNJ NJDS Class of 2017
AA 20 TS 20 GPA 3.0 sGPA 2.8
"Resilience is what makes it happen!"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey there! Second deposit is due April 1st but I sent both of mine together. They didn't send a confirmation; I just checked my bank account. I also called to verify that they received all of my paperwork. I'm sure we'll be receiving something soon. It is my understanding they will be providing us with a NJDS email for further communication. :)

Nancy V.
UMDNJ NJDS Class of 2017
AA 20 TS 20 GPA 3.0 sGPA 2.8
"Resilience is what makes it happen!"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome thanks! I should prob call them tomorrow and ask if they received everything... I sent my check via certified mail so I know the check was cashed... I guess I just need some peace of mind :p haha

did anyone sign up for the dorms yet or know when we should sign up if we want a spot? I'm still waiting on 2 schools to get back to me, so I want to wait on that deposit...but not long enough so i wouldn't be guarenteed housing.

Withdrew my spot today... definitely better schools to choose from, granted you have the option. Good luck all!

Did anyone who got waitlist notification on Jan 15 hear from the school?? If i am correct, they sent out a round of acceptance on Jan 10th or 11th, and their deposit was due on 22nd. I think we should hear something soon

Waitlist today
Ny resident

Accepted few weeks later

Last edited:
Has anyone solidified their decision to go to UMDNJ?