***The Official UMMC SOD class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcwilliams01

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all, I didn't see a thread for this class, so I decided to have a place where we could share updates. Has anyone received their interview emails yet?

Link to interview prep: University of Mississippi Medical Center School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! 🙂


*edited by staff to include link to interview feedback
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! How long after your application complete email did you receive an interview invite?
I believe I finished the primary application, and UMMC received it around the 3rd week of June. I finished the secondary application no later than the first week of July if not earlier.
 
I believe I finished the primary application, and UMMC received it around the 3rd week of June. I finished the secondary application no later than the first week of July if not earlier.
Did you ever receive an application complete email? I submitted the primary at the beginning of July, submitted the secondary almost a week after, and got the application complete email on the 21st of August. I haven’t heard of anything since and now I’m afraid I might not get an interview here. I guess I need to be more patient. This whole application cycle is stressing me out. Haha
 
Did you ever receive an application complete email? I submitted the primary at the beginning of July, submitted the secondary almost a week after, and got the application complete email on the 21st of August. I haven’t heard of anything since and now I’m afraid I might not get an interview here. I guess I need to be more patient. This whole application cycle is stressing me out. Haha
I received my application complete email on July 3rd. Keep in mind it is still pretty early. The August 23rd interview was the first round for the 2023 class. UMMC still has many weeks of interviews left, so don't worry about being late.
 
Thank you! I hope you’re interview went well!!
I think it went really well considering it was my first academic interview! I was super nervous at first, but the interviewers were aware of the pressure and intimidation aspect of the interview. They were very comfortable to talk with, which allowed me to relax after the first round of the MMI. So my advice is to understand that this is a blind interview, and they are not asking anything about your academic history, just trying to get to know who you are (which is easier when you relax). Don't worry they are not trying to grill you so not need to be completely stressed out.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think it went really well considering it was my first academic interview! I was super nervous at first, but the interviewers were aware of the pressure and intimidation aspect of the interview. They were very comfortable to talk with, which allowed me to relax after the first round of the MMI. So my advice is to understand that this is a blind interview, and they are not asking anything about your academic history, just trying to get to know who you are (which is easier when you relax). Don't worry they are not trying to grill you so not need to be completely stressed out.


Thanks for the advice. I interviewed with them last year, and I felt the same exact way. I think I Still will be super nervous and it will take the first interview to calm my nerves. Haha but I’m glad to hear yours went well! Good luck! December 1st is so far away!
 
Hey guys. Are they actually doing calls on Saturday the 1st or are they waiting till the 3rd this year?
 
I received my interview invitation for September 6th! This is my second time getting an interview (third time applying). Any other reapplicants?
2nd time applying, 2nd time interviewing! fingers crossed that '23 is my year!!
 
Hey guys. Are they actually doing calls on Saturday the 1st or are they waiting till the 3rd this year?
Dean of Admissions stated they have to wait until 12/3 before notifications can be released. This is set by ADEA AADSAS....
 
@kkay13
@Jfranks

Cheering for you guys once again. Glad to have upped the game with Dr. Smith’s advice and hopefully it’ll pay off for all of us. Fingers crossed .
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@kkay13
@Jfranks

Cheering for you guys once again. Glad to have upped the game with Dr. Smith’s advice and hopefully it’ll pay off for all of us. Fingers crossed .
Are y’all in the MBS program this year?
 
Nope! I did my masters at MC. I hear that almost all the MBS applicants get in so that’s good news for you guys!!

Good luck! Less than 24 hours!!
MC has a harder MBS so... hope to be in c/o 2023 with you!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Status
Not open for further replies.