***The Official University of Oklahoma class of 2019 interview/acceptance thread

I haven't heard about the SCM option. What is that?
OUCOD sends out their decisions via email on the first business day in December. Sally Davenport confirmed this at my interview, also.
sorry, got lost on my way to the OU pre-med forum :whistle:

Members don't see this ad.

are they doing this in batches or individually?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm on it. How will I find everyone? Can you send private messages on here? You all can send me your name and I'll add you to the group.

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted! I am out of state!

Last edited:
I am on the alternate list, but I'm not really sure how it works. The email says "In the event someone declines or cancels their position in the class you will be next in line for consideration." Does anyone know if the alternate list is ranked and if I could find out where I am on the list?

I am on the alternate list, but I'm not really sure how it works. The email says "In the event someone declines or cancels their position in the class you will be next in line for consideration." Does anyone know if the alternate list is ranked and if I could find out where I am on the list?
I was on the alternate list last year. Are you in state or out of state? They work the same, but there are two different lists. If an out of state applicant declines their admission, they will choose the first student on the out of state alternate list. Same goes for in state and in state alternate list. I know they took 3 from the in state list last year. I was number 6 on the list. That info was in my email, but I guess they changed and didn't give it out this year. I'm sure you can call Sally Davenport and she will be able to tell you. Not sure how many people they took off the out of state alternate list last year, but I know they burn through that one much quicker.

Hey predentskye I searched for the Facebook group and didn't find it!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was on the alternate list last year. Are you in state or out of state? They work the same, but there are two different lists. If an out of state applicant declines their admission, they will choose the first student on the out of state alternate list. Same goes for in state and in state alternate list. I know they took 3 from the in state list last year. I was number 6 on the list. That info was in my email, but I guess they changed and didn't give it out this year. I'm sure you can call Sally Davenport and she will be able to tell you. Not sure how many people they took off the out of state alternate list last year, but I know they burn through that one much quicker.
I'm considered out of state. I was just curious because of how they worded the email, but I may be reading too much into it.

I was put on the alternate list. OOS

I was put on the alternate list. OOS
Did your email say "In the event someone declines or cancels their position in the class you will be next in line for consideration." or did it tell you where you were on the list?

Did your email say "In the event someone declines or cancels their position in the class you will be next in line for consideration." or did it tell you where you were on the list?
Yup. That’s exactly what it said. I thought maybe it meant I was #1 on the alternate list but I guess not haha

Yup. That’s exactly what it said. I thought maybe it meant I was #1 on the alternate list but I guess not haha
Exactly what I was thinking!! haha

I read that they are supposed to notify you about where you are on the list, but I don't know if they would send another email or not.

I might call tomorrow and see if I can find out.

Exactly what I was thinking!! haha

I read that they are supposed to notify you about where you are on the list, but I don't know if they would send another email or not.

I might call tomorrow and see if I can find out.
Yup, I’m gonna do the same. Hoping for the best

Is alternate and waitlist the same thing?

I was just speaking with some other dentists and they said that they were different. i honestly don't know.

Also, if you guys call definitely let us know if they give you a number. it would be greatly appreciated. lol

Also, if you guys call definitely let us know if they give you a number. it would be greatly appreciated. lol
I called and they said that the list is not ranked and couldn't really tell me how they decide who gets accepted next.. But she did say that it could be less than 30 days before you hear something back.

I called and they said that the list is not ranked and couldn't really tell me how they decide who gets accepted next.. But she did say that it could be less than 30 days before you hear something back.
Did they say how many alternates they have?

No I didn't ask that. Whoops! :(

I'll try to remember exactly what she said..
I asked if the alternate list was ranked or how they decide who to accept to fill the next position.
She said they don't rank the alternates, but they don't expect everyone to accept so they shift around the alternate list a lot. And she said that you would most likely hear something in less that 30 days.

Sorry thats really not much help, but that's all I got!

If someone else calls, you might ask how many people are on the list or how many people typically get accepted from the list.

I’ll call tomorrow and let you all know.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to all those accepted! I got OOS alternate. Maybe those that were accepted but know they won't be attending can put on here to give those of us in alternate limbo an idea as spots open up?

Update! I emailed the Assistant Dean and he told me my number on the list. So it is ranked..

Also, does anyone's portal say anything other than invited for interview?

I thought it would change to "wait listed" or something like that.

Long time lurker here. Got my acceptance yesterday morning at 10:21 AM. Best day ever! I'm in-state.

I searched for the Fb page and didn't see it either. Everyone search for "OUCOD Class of 2019" and add yourselves!

Sorry, predentskye- didn't mean to step on your toes. I'm just really, really excited lol

Last edited:
Update! I emailed the Assistant Dean and he told me my number on the list. So it is ranked..

Also, does anyone's portal say anything other than invited for interview?

I thought it would change to "wait listed" or something like that.
thanks for the update! my portal says wait listed.

Last edited:
I searched for the Fb page and didn't see it either. Everyone search for "OUCOD Class of 2019" and add yourselves!

Sorry, predentskye- didn't mean to step on your toes. I'm just really, really excited lol

Nevermind!!! Add yourselves to OUCOD 2015 Entering Class!

Can't find the class page on FB. Can someone post a link to it if you can find it?

Apparently, Sally, from admissions office, sent out an acceptance email by accident to me..Those of you received an acceptance email, you may want to call her to confirm your status. I hope that I am the only victim...

Are there any In staters that already know they intend on taking offers from dental schools other than OU....It would really be a courteous gesture if you would share......some of us are on pins and needles.

Apparently, Sally, from admissions office, sent out an acceptance email by accident to me..Those of you received an acceptance email, you may want to call her to confirm your status. I hope that I am the only victim...
How did your e-mail read if you don't mind me asking?

What did your AADSAS decision tab say?
Also, did you learn a position on the alt list and IS or OOS?

Has anyone's AADSAS changed since the wait list? I got a wait list email and update, this morning it changed to offer made... But really nervous if this was a mistake like the poster above

How did your e-mail read if you don't mind me asking?

I received two different emails. On December 1, I received a typical acceptance email, and AADSAS status changed to offer made. Then, On 5th, I received another email saying I am on alternate list(no ranking). So I called Sally, and she told me that acceptance email was sent by mistake. A couple of hours later, my AADSAS status changed to wait listed.
Then, at night I received an formal written letter of "ACCEPTANCE" by mail. This is shocking to me because Sally told me that I am expected to receive an official letter of alternate list, not an acceptance. It is clear that Sally or/both Admissions do not do their job correctly. My best guess is that they sent out both acceptance email and formal written letter by mistake. I have to call Admissions on Monday to clarify this matter. Regardless, Admissions office making such a mistake is not acceptable.

Has anyone's AADSAS changed since the wait list? I got a wait list email and update, this morning it changed to offer made... But really nervous if this was a mistake like the poster above
Mine changed from offer made to wait list. It could be another mistake that Sally corrected! (If that is the case, I am happy for ya!!!) Call the admissions to check!

Just found out I'm the #1 in-state alternate! If anyone whose in-state decides to go out of state then please post it here and let us know. Waiting on pins and needles!!

I don't mean to get your hopes up, but I talked to a D4 at OU and he was saying that as far as he knew for like the last 6 or 7 years at least one in state alternate was taken and it is usually around 3 or so. Good luck!

Wow, accepted to Oklahoma OOS! Called Sally and apparently there have been major problems with their system, she confirmed that I'm in though! Extremely grateful!!

First I received an e-mail saying I was on the wait list and now I received a rejection letter in the mail. I hope the rejection letter was a mistake. Will have to call and confirm

Just called and I’m still on the wait list. They sent that rejection letter by mistake. :)

Also they told me the wait list is not ranked at all.