***The Official University of Utah class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Star-Lord

Legendary Outlaw
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard anything back from this school?

The only thing I got from them was an email confirmation that they have received my application and that my app is now complete.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! Current D2 here. Be patient with interview invites as I don't think any have gone out yet. If I remember correctly, they seem to start interview invitations sometime in the beginning of September. Other than that, I am happy to answer any questions that you have. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
I'm pretty sure Utah sent out their first invites around September 6th last year.

I got an interview yesterday. 3.52oGPA 3.5 sGPA 22AA and 23 TS.

Thats awesome!! Do you mind sharing your stats/when you submitted and completed you app?
School: Utah
Notification date: 8/19
Method of notification: email
Residency: AZ
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/30
Application complete date: 7/9
GPA (science, overall) 3.48, 3.55
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/20/19/none

Interview #2
School: University of Utah
Application Complete: 07/20
Notification date: 08/31
Method of notification: email
Residency: Utah
GPA (science, overall): 3.7, 3.8
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/19/24/QR:16

Interview #5
UofU
Notification Date: 08/24 via email
Residency: UT
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/27
Application Complete Date: 7/30
GPA: 3.8s, 3.9o
DAT: 21/21/20/23 - none below 17, but QR was 18 :confused:

Any interview invites lately?

Yes! I received an invite yesterday.

Interview #3

School: University of Utah
Notification Date: 9/25/17
Method of Notification: E-mail
Residency: VT
sGPA: 3.26
oGPA: 3.35
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/Any below 17): 19/19/22/22/QR=16:eyebrow:

I'm non-traditional (5 years out of undergrad) and have been working in a medical clinic, so I think that may have helped me with some of my lower stats. Who knows, though. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the application complete/under review email. In the email it lists the pre-reqs and two of mine say "planned". that is not an issue right? as long as it is planned and completed before school starts it is okay right? Thank you!

Just got the application complete/under review email. In the email it lists the pre-reqs and two of mine say "planned". that is not an issue right? as long as it is planned and completed before school starts it is okay right? Thank you!
Yeah you just have to complete them before you matriculate

my status on my portal has said "application received/ complete" I'm not sure if it should be under review by this point or if I'm just over reacting haha i received the email saying all my information has been received and my application is under review over two weeks ago. should my status have switched to "under review"?

Has anyone interview here yet? Just wondering how the interview process is and what to expect!

Has anyone interview here yet? Just wondering how the interview process is and what to expect!

It was honestly pretty relaxed! The interview format is 3 one on one interviews. They are between 20-30 mins each. One of mine was super casual, just talking about our hobbies and shows I watched as a kid. Another was more conversational but still somewhat related to my application, and the third was more question after question of the usual “why dentistry?” Or “what makes a good clinician?” Etc. Overall it was really relaxed though. You’re going to love the school! Do you have any other specific questions?

It was honestly pretty relaxed! The interview format is 3 one on one interviews. They are between 20-30 mins each. One of mine was super casual, just talking about our hobbies and shows I watched as a kid. Another was more conversational but still somewhat related to my application, and the third was more question after question of the usual “why dentistry?” Or “what makes a good clinician?” Etc. Overall it was really relaxed though. You’re going to love the school! Do you have any other specific questions?

Awesome! I tend to get really nervous with interviews and am afraid I'm going to say something stupid so it's good to hear that the interview is more laid back. Do you remember which faculty members you spoke to?

Awesome! I tend to get really nervous with interviews and am afraid I'm going to say something stupid so it's good to hear that the interview is more laid back. Do you remember which faculty members you spoke to?

I get so nervous, too, dentaldiva! I am really glad that this will be my second interview so maybe I will be a bit more relaxed about it. And it's great to hear that it is laid back. When are you interviewing?

Yes I’ll PM you the name of the faculty.

Did you interview last Friday by chance?

IS applicant. Hoping to hear back soon from this school!

Interview #3
IS
21 AA, 22 TS, 20 PAT
3.76 oGPA, 3.66 science
So excited!!!!

Does anyone know if I would be considered in-state for tuition if I went to undergrad in Utah and then moved back home to Colorado for 8 months before dental school for free rent?

Has anyone interviewed here with average stats?

Last edited:
Has anyone's status changed yet?

Any status changes? I am still Invited for Interview.

Accepted by email! OOS

Accepted by email as well.
sGPA: 3.8 oGPA: 3.93
DAT: 21AA 22TS
Out of State

Accepted via email at 12:03am Arizona time!
Oos
21AA

Accepted via email at 12:01am! OOS GPA: 3.7, DAT: 23AA. Soooo excited :) congrats everyone else!!

All I can say is congrats to those that have been accepted. It's a fantastic program and truly special. There are something that can be better (like all programs) but for the most part it's an EXCELLENT program.

Does anyone know the total estimated tuition, fees, and equipment per year? ADEA says it will be about 58k per year for in state but I keep reading on the University of Utah dental school website that it is 45k per year in state.. Which is it?

Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know the total estimated tuition, fees, and equipment per year? ADEA says it will be about 58k per year for in state but I keep reading on the University of Utah dental school website that it is 45k per year in state.. Which is it?

Thanks in advance!

I would go off their website. I would also add 5 percent to the tuition (it says there that it’s estimated to rise by this much).

Status
Not open for further replies.