***The Official University of Utah class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would go off their website. I would also add 5 percent to the tuition (it says there that it’s estimated to rise by this much).
Great. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted today off of the OOS alternate list! I'm so excited!

Reactions: 1 user
What number were you on the list, If you don’t mind me asking?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Congrats pre-dent123! Were you accepted off of the unranked waitlist or the ranked alternate list? In state or out of state?

Congrats pre-dent123! Were you accepted off of the unranked waitlist or the ranked alternate list? In state or out of state?

Thank you!! I was accepted off the ranked alternate list. Out of state!

What are some pros and cons of attending University of Utah school of dentistry?

Pros: Everything. Cons: Nothing.
Jk, but I'm a 3rd year student and can answer any specific questions you have. I love it here! One of the main pros is that we get a lot of experience with advanced procedures, compared to other schools. It's awesome not having any specialty programs here!

I was accepted off the unranked waiting list about a week ago! I have some other acceptances so I am still deciding...
To any current students, I am just curious, is it hard to socially integrate into the school/class if you are not married & not Mormon?

Hey everyone I was accepted to the class of 2023 yesterday! So excited! However, my best friend was waitlisted on the OOS ranked list. Do any of you remember your number on the list and know how much movement they have?

Hey everyone I was accepted to the class of 2023 yesterday! So excited! However, my best friend was waitlisted on the OOS ranked list. Do any of you remember your number on the list and know how much movement they have?
There is a ranked alternate list for OOS and for IS and a waitlist for the OOS and IS. They start getting people from the ranked alternate list as they get people decline their offers.
The OOS alternate list moves a lot faster and in the case that the list ends, assuming some declined offers, then they will move to the waitlist people. It’s the same for IS, but the IS list moves very slow.

Congrats on your acceptances and those of you that are still waiting, don’t lose hope!

There is a ranked alternate list for OOS and for IS and a waitlist for the OOS and IS. They start getting people from the ranked alternate list as they get people decline their offers.
The OOS alternate list moves a lot faster and in the case that the list ends, assuming some declined offers, then they will move to the waitlist people. It’s the same for IS, but the IS list moves very slow.

Congrats on your acceptances and those of you that are still waiting, don’t lose hope!
Thank you!

Can anybody clarify how much the instrument fees are per year here? On the schools website it says around 7,000 a year, but during my interview the woman said it was 7,000 a semester for instruments and that was billed every fall, spring, and summer making it 21,000 a year just for the instruments not including tuition?

Hey everyone,
I'm interested in specializing in OMS and was accepted to the U. During the interview I was told that U of U doesn't rank, when I brought that up to the doctors (oral surgeons) I work with they said its probably not a good thing since rank is such a major part of the decision. I'm curious if those of you now in the program know how well past students have gotten into an OMS residency? Also, why don't they rank their students?

Status
Not open for further replies.