**** The Official USC Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Just got accepted to USC DENTAL, CLASS OF 2017!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I just would like a straight accurate answer when we call. Seems like we get different answers

Members don't see this ad :)
wooooohooo! accepted!!! cutting it really close...interviewed 3/26. see ya'll in the fall!

Man this is frustrating, looks like I will be reapplying next year.

I interviewed on the 26th too. Are you from southern-california?

gonna withdraw my spot sometime next week, 1 more spot for you guys!

Didn't want to stay in california?

Also, mind if I ask if you withdrew today?

Class is full now according to Ryan who emailed me today

Well that sucks, only hope now is if people withdraw.

Ryan e-mailed me yesterday and didn't even say the class was full. I guess they accepted more people yesterday or today, or people put down deposits.

Members don't see this ad :)
Although chances are slim and anything can happen...I'm sick of keeping hopes up. I'm just going to start focusing on starting my Master's at Midwestern for the next year. This cycle motivated me to kick this Master's ass and hopefully somehow get accepted next cycle.

For those who were accepted, any of you guys participating in the 10-week summer research program??

Is the 10-week summer research program (1) paid and (2) full-time? It was not specified in the email sent.
Thanks

That's a great question. Any details on the research program from current students would be very helpful? I applied but still have not heard anything.

The email specified that it would be full-time, but did not mention anything about a stipend/pay. I'm assuming it's voluntary?

Hey saFTF, when did you apply? I haven't heard anything either from the program director. Let me know if you hear back!

Question for anyone who has been interviewed or accepted--

I noticed on USC's site that they prefer a DDS recommendation letter (as opposed to DMD) but is this a big deal or something they look into? Both of the dentists I shadowed have a DMD degree and since DMD and DDS are equivalent degrees, I don't see why it matters all that much. I'd appreciate if anyone has any input for this! Thanks :)

Question for anyone who has been interviewed or accepted--

I noticed on USC's site that they prefer a DDS recommendation letter (as opposed to DMD) but is this a big deal or something they look into? Both of the dentists I shadowed have a DMD degree and since DMD and DDS are equivalent degrees, I don't see why it matters all that much. I'd appreciate if anyone has any input for this! Thanks :)

I'm sure you are reading too much into this. I do not know what you are referencing, but they probably said DDS but just meant dentist.

I'm sure you are reading too much into this. I do not know what you are referencing, but they probably said DDS but just meant dentist.

Haha, wow you're right, now I just feel silly. I misread what they had on their site as if they preferred DDS over DMD since their program awards the DDS degree. Oops! :oops:
Thanks for helping me see what it meant.

"Two letters of recommendation are required from lecture-based science professors in biology, chemistry, or physics. We highly recommend that one of the letters be from a DDS. Letters from research or lab-based professors will not meet the requirement; the letters must be written based on your performance in the lecture component of class. A committee letter may be substituted if your undergraduate institution offers this service."

I gave up my spot a few days ago so one of you might be getting a call soon.

Got off the wait-list yesterday was accepted

Whoah... nice! Btw, I wonder if you reapplied to USC for the 2014 cycle, before you heard from them yesterday.

Last edited:
Is anyone else freaked out about the cost? I'm a bit freaked out since I was accepted so late and can only hope I get a 3 year scholarship from the navy

Is anyone else freaked out about the cost? I'm a bit freaked out since I was accepted so late and can only hope I get a 3 year scholarship from the navy

Did you send in a letter of intent before being accepted?

You all should strongly consider going to another school if you got in anywhere else besides USC. The administration of the school is incredibly incompetent and it is certainly not worth the cost, which is staggering. I would even urge you to consider reapplying next cycle to go somewhere else if USC is your only option.

10% chance he/she is a dental student...

90% chance he/she is next on the waitlist...

10% chance he/she is a dental student...

90% chance he/she is next on the waitlist...

+1...don't feed into This. Dental school is hard regardless of where you go lol..it's a total grind!

Last edited:
I haven't heard anything from the school yet. They told me that i am still in the waiting list. Any update on stat?