***The Official USC Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

jamm_orthodontics

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I don't see a thread for the school yet, so I thought I would get the ball rolling for the USC Ostrow School of Dentistry. I've heard great things about the program and instruction at USC. Best of luck to everyone!

Here's a link to last cycle's thread:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...-of-2019-interview-acceptance-thread.1083078/

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Good Luck Everyone!!!:)
Anyone get an email from USC???

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard a word either. They are one of the few schools I haven't heard back from.

Just got the fee paid/ app under review email today at 5pm central time! Finally a word from USC.

I mailed my check on June 8th... It shows on my bank statement that they cashed my check a few weeks ago, and today I got an email saying my application has been received but they haven't received my fee?

I mailed my check on June 8th... It shows on my bank statement that they cashed my check a few weeks ago, and today I got an email saying my application has been received but they haven't received my fee?
I just got the same email. It was automated so I think they haven't updated our payments and such.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah I just got the same email and I mailed my payment a month ago..

They sent me two consecutive emails saying app received and to pay the fee, then the one after confirmed that I already paid. I think you guys will get a subsequent email about the fee being paid. If you don't by the end of the week id call.

Yah same thing happened to me, they already cashed it too

USC appeared on my AADSAS portal this morning.

did anyone call about the supplemental fee? haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Does USC send an email to applicant when they receive the supplemental fee? (I sent in a while ago but haven't received any news since then.)
BTW my app is going to be mailed out today.

Hey guys i am a reaplicant but first time applying here.I just took dat and my scores have improved from last time except for a couple of sections. Old DAT scores were bio/GC/orgo/RC/QR/PAT/AA/TS :18/21/18/17/18/18/18/19 and my new DAT scores are 20/21/23/17/17/22/20/21 i dont like my reading and qr score. I want to know what do you guys think. My gpa is 3.5 and i have close to 1800 shadowing and volunteering work. Thanks

My app was sent out 7/24 but USC still doesn't appear on my AADSAS portal for me...

I was mailed second batch and USC does appear on my AADSAS portal.

Still not showing up on my portal, but they just emailed me saying my app and fee were both received. They also said check your status on the portal but yeah...still not up.

^ Just got those two emails too. And yup, still not on my ADEA portal either.

I suppose they'll start sending out invites in the next couple of weeks though, since they said that they start interviews in October.

Still not showing up on my portal, but they just emailed me saying my app and fee were both received. They also said check your status on the portal but yeah...still not up.
same here for a moment I was happy but then I realized no one got interview from USC yet lol

I just got the email that they received the fee...I mailed the check in June :eek: Uhhh

I just got the email that they received the fee...I mailed the check in June :eek: Uhhh
Yeah they cashed mine 2 days after I sent it. On July 14th lol. They were probably just waiting to email a huge bunch of people at once.

Yeah they cashed mine months ago but also just got the email. Finally some action for this thread!

Got the same two emails yesterday and appeared on my aadsas as received/under review today

Got the application complete email on 7/21. No word since.

Just dropping in to say good luck guys, I remember when I was in your shoes a year ago. PM me if you have any questions about USC or just LA in general. Hope to see some of you next Fall!

Reactions: 5 users
USC should send out first wave of interview invites this friday.

The guy that mentioned that interviews go out today has me tweaking hardcore

they sent them out this exact time last year if you look in the previous thread from 2019

Reactions: 1 users
I just got an interview invite. scheduled for october 7th

Did anyone defer their interview to after dec.1st? I wasn't sure if we were allowed to do that or not.

Those who have been invited to interviews, have you filled out the supp app yet? What did you think of it?

Did anyone defer their interview to after dec.1st? I wasn't sure if we were allowed to do that or not.

No you can defer but only to like a couple of days after

Has anyone from 9th batch or beyond gotten an interview :(

they sent them out this exact time last year if you look in the previous thread from 2019
Do you know when they are going to send the next invitations?

????????? I'm 2nd batch and heard nothing from this school yet... lol :(

is USC oos friendly?
They are fairly friendly compared to most schools. Last year, accordingly to the adea guide, they interviewed 115 out of 2201 oos and accepted 55 of those.

They are fairly friendly compared to most schools. Last year, accordingly to the adea guide, they interviewed 115 out of 2201 oos and accepted 55 of those.
ugh ! I wish I would've applied there !

Hi everyone,
I received an email a few weeks ago from USC regarding that my application is under review, but I haven't heard from them yet. Does it mean that they didn't like my application and I am not going to be invited for an interview?

Hi everyone,
I received an email a few weeks ago from USC regarding that my application is under review, but I haven't heard from them yet. Does it mean that they didn't like my application and I am not going to be invited for an interview?

They sent out a batch of interviews about 2 weeks ago, so I assume you missed that one, but that's not to say you won't be chosen for the next batch.

Keep your head up!