***The OFFICIAL UT Memphis Class of 2009 Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Spras said:
So I've finally moved down to Memphis and am excited about Med school. I'm living at Riverset on Mud Island and was wondering where is a good place to get decently priced groceries and all that. Any of you got suggestions? Where is a wal mart?

There is a super walmart about 15 minutes from mud island. You have to get on 40 west and go across the bridge into arkansas. Take the 7th street (missouri) exit, go left at the end of the exit and turn right as soon as you go under the bridge. There is a walmart and a kroger down the road a bit on the left. To get back to mud island, just take 40 east and go back across the bridge. The office probably has directions printed up already. I know that the they do at the Estates Office. Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad.

I just got all moved into the Estates yesterday. Spent all day today driving around trying to find things and getting lost and then finding my way again :) Found a good Target that's fairly close off of Poplar on Colonial and a good Kroger on Poplar too. As I was driving around I saw a Walmart Fresh Market or something like that. It was *green*! Had never seen a green Walmart before.

Soooo, seeing as how I know absolutely noone in this city, would any of you all like to meet up and do something?

~madrigail

Thx y'all for the responses...I don't know anybody here either so getting together sounds good especially for figuring out where everything is...I think I'm going to spend today bumming around figuring out where to get cheaper groceries so I can actually have some food=P Let me know when/where y'all wanna get together.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everybody!! I hope everyone is having a nice, relaxing summer. i moved into riverset about a week ago and really like it so far. i'm still trying to find my way around the city but it gets better everday. we should all get together this weekend or something. can't wait to meet yall :D

Hey ash283, I'm also in Riverset, if ya wanna get together or something let me know.

So I am almost done packing up the ca for the big move but I can't shake that nagging feeling like I am forgetting something...o well. I should be down in Memphis this Friday (the 22nd) and am moving to an apartment in Midtown near Rhodes (its really cheap). I think that getting together for a beer or dinner or something before crunch time would be a great idea.
I'll keep watching this space.
See you all soon

I'm going back home for family reunion type thing this weekend, maybe saturday morning. Any chance you guys would like to get together on thursday or friday night? I don't really know the "places to hang out," but we could all pile in a car and drive around downtown and see if there's anything cool on beale st.

I have spotty internet access (when there's a computer free in the business center), but I'll try to get back on here tomorrow or so.

BTW, did any of you see the amazing rainbow in the sky after today's thunderstorm? Beautiful!!

Hey whenever sounds great, just let me know i mean if y'all live on the island then we could meet somewhere here then figure out where to go from there. let me know what y'all decide.

the river at sunset is gorgeous=P

what does everyone think about meeting on the island friday night?? :p

Hey whenever sounds great, just let me know i mean if y'all live on the island then we could meet somewhere here then figure out where to go from there. let me know what y'all decide.

the river at sunset is gorgeous=P

anybody in town and wanna get together tonight or sometime this weekend?

Spras said:
anybody in town and wanna get together tonight or sometime this weekend?

I am trying to get some ppl together to hit Beale St. either tonigth or tomorrow night. I guess the best way to organise this in real time, since I don't want to post my phone #, would be to IM me - my screenname is Sticky Ferret.
Hopefully I will here from ppl soon and we can all meet, go out, and have some fun in this wonderfully oppressive heat :D

Who's ready to party!! Wow, orientation looks like a complete week of partying lol, I'm excited.

Hey Guys,

Sounds like everyone is having a good time before schools starts. I will be in Memphis on Wed or Thursday and I would love to get together with some other new students. I know that you guys have gotten together some this weekend so hopefully you guys know the good places to know. Let me know who will be around and who wants to get together.

ngpatel said:
Hey Guys,

Sounds like everyone is having a good time before schools starts. I will be in Memphis on Wed or Thursday and I would love to get together with some other new students. I know that you guys have gotten together some this weekend so hopefully you guys know the good places to know. Let me know who will be around and who wants to get together.

There will def. be a few of us going out this weekend. Drop me an IM with your phone number so I can call you come Friday (see above for my screen name). Look forward to meeting you!

Always ready to meet more people :)

Come on down!

Pint night (Mondays) at the Flying Saucer usually has a good turnout of UT people - I should be heading up there + you guys can hit me up via IM if you want to go.

Also, you're daily schedule is up:
http://utmed.utmem.edu/app/cal/login.php?

Login: M1 / Pass: M1

Enjoy the last week of complete freedom...

thx for the info! wow it has like what we're covering and everything.

Ahhh! My first medical school interview is in 2 weeks at UT Memphis and I just found out yesterday! UT is pretty much my top choice at this point, so I really don’t want to mess it up. I may be obsessing a little too much, but I was wondering if anyone has fashion suggestions? I’ve seen people recommending comfortable shoes, but aside from that should one wear a full suit, or just a dress shirt and tie, etc.? Everyone has been very helpful about what questions they were asked but no one on this site has mentioned what they were wearing! >) Thanks, I’d appreciate any tips you folks have.

Sean
(I am a guy, by the way).