The official withdraw your application thread if you're not committing!

Jide45

10+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2008
40
0
California
Status
Dental Student
This thread is for those who have been admitted to more than one school, and who know they will not be attending schools they have been admitted to.

PLEASE contact the schools you will definitely not be committing to and WITHDRAW your applications because it will open up spots for other qualified applicants. This will enable the school to contact other people earlier and thus make life easier for other candidates.

Last year, a present Dental School student told me about her friend who had already committed to a School and was done completing her financial aid package, got an apartment, and had already moved most of her stuff and such. She was then contacted by her first choice school about an acceptance 2 weeks before school was about to start and had to go through a whirlwind of financial aid troubles and wasted a lot of money with apartment deposits and such.

So I reiterate, for those with 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 or more acceptances, go ahead and withdraw your applications so the schools don't think you will commit.
I am not saying to make a hurried decision about where to go, but most of us know where we want to or prefer to go.

ONCE YOU WITHDRAW YOUR APPLICATION, GO AHEAD AND TELL US WHAT SCHOOLS YOU WITHDREW FROM AND WHERE YOU CHOSE TO GO!!!

CHEERS:D!!!
 
Last edited:

RMPredent2009

10+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2008
128
1
New York
Status
Pre-Dental
I'd wait until your first choice cashes your deposit....ya never know what could happen :)
 

dentite12345

10+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2008
27
0
Status
Pre-Dental
I'd wait until your first choice cashes your deposit....ya never know what could happen :)
Agreed, however, I will withdraw from all but my top choice and second. Then withdraw from my second after everything has gone through with my first choice.
I'm opening spots up at BU, NYU, and Buffalo today.
Good luck.
 
About the Ads

Chesnok

Waiting game has ended
10+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2008
623
0
Status
Dental Student
Waiting for deposit cashed.
 

AlwaysImproving

10+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2008
308
1
FL
Status
Pre-Dental
I am giving my seat at Tufts and Boston. I withdrew (pre-interview) from Buffalo. Hope this helps and GL to everyone!!:xf::luck:
 

206127

Guest
10+ Year Member
May 28, 2008
431
2
Status
Dental Student
I have decided I am going to Marquette University and I have a spot over at Western University. I'm still going to hold it until I get the grades for my last quarter. I think I might get a C- in some stupid class I didn't even need to take due to interviews. If that happens I don't think Marquette will want me but Western said all you need is Cs and above for "required prerequisite courses". Sorry guys, I need to be sure I'm going to dental school Fall 2009...
 

DROCKINDAHOUSE

UTHSCSA c/o 2013
10+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2008
486
0
Texas
Status
Dental Student
Withdraw this...jk high school flashback. Withdraw only when you're ready everyone. After all, you worked hard to get those acceptances. No one else did anything for you. You earned it so take as much time as you need.
 

DROCKINDAHOUSE

UTHSCSA c/o 2013
10+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2008
486
0
Texas
Status
Dental Student
This thread is for those who have been admitted to more than one school, and who know they will not be attending schools they have been admitted to.

PLEASE contact the schools you will definitely not be committing to and WITHDRAW your applications because it will open up spots for other qualified applicants. This will enable the school to contact other people earlier and thus make life easier for other candidates.

Last year, a present Dental School student told me about her friend who had already committed to a School and was done completing her financial aid package, got an apartment, and had already moved most of her stuff and such. She was then contacted by her first choice school about an acceptance 2 weeks before school was about to start and had to go through a whirlwind of financial aid troubles and wasted a lot of money with apartment deposits and such.

So I reiterate, for those with 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 or more acceptances, go ahead and withdraw your applications so the schools don't think you will commit.
I am not saying to make a hurried decision about where to go, but most of us know where we want to or prefer to go.

ONCE YOU WITHDRAW YOUR APPLICATION, GO AHEAD AND TELL US WHAT SCHOOLS YOU WITHDREW FROM AND WHERE YOU CHOSE TO GO!!!

CHEERS:D!!!
Wow, I wonder who held your friend at gunpoint and made him/her leave a school and a city she had already moved to two weeks before it started? How sad...tragic really.
 

Jide45

10+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2008
40
0
California
Status
Dental Student
Withdraw this...jk high school flashback. Withdraw only when you're ready everyone. After all, you worked hard to get those acceptances. No one else did anything for you. You earned it so take as much time as you need.
Wow, I wonder who held your friend at gunpoint and made him/her leave a school and a city she had already moved to two weeks before it started? How sad...tragic really.
You can go to School but you can't buy Class.

I knowingly didn't say which school she left for the other but most people, including you would have made the switch. She chose the top tier school.

And I specifically said withdraw when you are ready. You should learn how to read carefully because you are going to be doing a lot of it.

Now quit jocking my thread. You don't even have a predents profile.:thumbdown:sleep:
 
Last edited:

tinman831

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Dec 11, 2004
11,364
89
Texas
Status
Dentist
Why spend 4 years at a place you aren't happy with. If I was contacted by my number 1, two weeks prior to school starting, I'd take it in a heartbeat!:)
 

prydA

10+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2008
459
0
Status
Pre-Dental
if you haven't heard back from a school but haven't yet been rejected... you should withdraw your app just so you can say you didn't get rejected :D
 
About the Ads

kag930

10+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2008
26
0
Status
Pre-Dental
I withdrew from Marquette and Michigan today... hope that helps! Good luck!
 

that guy

10+ Year Member
Dec 3, 2007
215
0
ohio
Status
honestly, i was in the same position as you: begging people to withdraw from multiple acceptances and calling them greedy and indecisive for being, well, greedy and indecisive.

but now being the one with multiple acceptances (4), it is harder than i thought. I have withdrawn from 2, temple and buffalo. but i cant decide between ny and osu. It may be a no-brainer to you all to take my state school but I already have a place 20 min outside of the school and tons of reasons that would make nyu a better fit for me. I seriously cannot picture another month in this hellhole of a state.. but that's a whole different story. it just comes down to whether i will want to be in debt 6 years or 9. haha

so long story short, dont bash people for struggling with this decision.. this isnt 20 piece chicken nuggets or a southern style chicken, this is your damn future! take all the time you want- i probably will
 

DuffMan01

10+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2008
93
1
Status
Pre-Dental
I agree with everyones reason to take your time to decide which school to attend, and I also agree to withdraw as soon as possible! However, if someone has 3, 4, or even more, you should probably narrow it down to 2, there are people waiting, but please take your time choosing you guys did work hard for your acceptances.
Narrowing it down to 2 shouldnt be too tough, but narrowing it down to one...good luck!!
 

Jide45

10+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2008
40
0
California
Status
Dental Student
honestly, i was in the same position as you: begging people to withdraw from multiple acceptances and calling them greedy and indecisive for being, well, greedy and indecisive.

but now being the one with multiple acceptances (4), it is harder than i thought. I have withdrawn from 2, temple and buffalo. but i cant decide between ny and osu. It may be a no-brainer to you all to take my state school but I already have a place 20 min outside of the school and tons of reasons that would make nyu a better fit for me. I seriously cannot picture another month in this hellhole of a state.. but that's a whole different story. it just comes down to whether i will want to be in debt 6 years or 9. haha

so long story short, dont bash people for struggling with this decision.. this isnt 20 piece chicken nuggets or a southern style chicken, this is your damn future! take all the time you want- i probably will


I am not begging anyone to withdraw. I have 2 acceptances to date with more coming hopefully. Read my post carefully.
 

2loveshuy

10+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2008
24
1
Status
Pre-Dental
Withdrew from NYU and Howard today.....
Still deciding between Maryland and UPenn though.... :confused:
 

that guy

10+ Year Member
Dec 3, 2007
215
0
ohio
Status
I am not begging anyone to withdraw. I have 2 acceptances to date with more coming hopefully. Read my post carefully.
ok 'begging' was the wrong word but you are politely asking people to withdraw from multiple acceptances. who are you to tell everyone what to do with their acceptances. Obviously for those with multiple acceptances who know where they want to go will withdraw their acceptances. we (including you) are still holding the acceptances because we do not know yet.

and what's with the 'read my post carefully'? quit being so defensive..
 

dmd2011

Random Hero
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2006
564
0
Philadelphia, PA
Status
Dental Student
threads like these come up every year. people beg for those who have multiple acceptances to withdraw and notify people on SDN which schools they have withdrawn at. what purpose does this serve? even if you know where people declined acceptances you have no idea where on a particular school's list you are or if they are still even considering you.
 
About the Ads