The Ongoing Debate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2bdoc

This has been an ongoing debate for a while now. Since, there are only rankings of osteopathic medical schools compared to allopathic schools, I thought we could come up with our own ranking system.

None of this immature silly business. For those of you at other schools, let's make a list of the strengths and weaknesses. Anyone with me?

For starters, let's compare the number of classes per semester, difficulty of exams, amount of time learning clinical skills, doctor patient relations, OMM, and ofcourse board scores.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi
smile.gif

First of all, why do you want to do this?
Secondly, what does the "difficulty" of exams or the amount of course work taken per semester have to do with the schools ranking?
This seems like quite an elementary and silly way to rank medical schools.

But, nonetheless, FYI, I'm a second year studnet at MSUCOM. If anyone wants any info on MSU, I would be more than happy to help you, but I'm going to participate in this "I'm better than you" game. If I learned anything during my first year in med school it's this: the student, not the school, makes the doctor. Your ambition, attitude, and most importantly, your willingness to learn will determine your own personal "ranking."

Take care everybody!
smile.gif

ooooops!!!!!

Major typo! I meant to say above: "I'm NOT! going to participate in this 'I'm better than you game.'" sorry
smile.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your input Doc777. It's not a "who's better than who game." To answer your question on the purpose of a project of getting other medical students inputs on the strengths, weaknesses, organizations, facilities, etc., is not to rank-order a school but to get an idea of how the teaching formats and experiences at different schools are unique.

What's the purpose of the rankings of US News and World Report, or the Gorman Report? It's the same principle.

Addendum:

A ranking system would provide a comparison of different schools strengths and weaknesses. It would provide incoming students with an understanding of what one school offers compared to another. It would further, provide a level of standards amongst the osteopathic medical schools.