The only one in Colorado?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NatashaColorado

NatashaColorado
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, pre-optometry students
it's so nice to know there are others who have the same goal as me... Believe it or not, my pre-med adviser told me I am the first pre-optometry UCD student he wrote a letter for in the last 4 years!!! In my science classes I meet pre-meds, pre-dentals, pre-pharmacy students - everything but pre-optometry! Colorado has no Optometry school, and it sort of feels like being in a vaccum when it comes to my field of interest. When you look at demagraphics of accepted students in Optometry schools, there are so few from Colorado...
Anyway, I just wanted to shout "hello!" out there, to people who like Optometry instead of asking "why?" We might be classmates soon! I can't wait to start - all these years of constant studying better pay off, and get me into school in Fall,2010! I still have OAT to get through..... so nervous!
 
I know what you mean! Virginia doesn't have a school either and I only met one other pre-opt student the entire time I was in college. There must have been more hiding somewhere b/c my advisor said there were about 30 of us, so who knows.
 
HEY! I'm from Colorado too! AND I also attend UCD 😀 Who was your pre-health adviser that wrote you the LOR? Ferguson perhaps?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ferguson! Are you applying for 2010? We need to talk...🙂

You're a year ahead of me, I'm gonna apply for 2011! What schools are you applying to? And were you pretty close with Ferguson? I had him for first semester Bio but I never really talked to him and now I'm trying to figure out what professor will write me a LOR :scared:

Any tips on optometry practices that were cool with you shadowing them?