THE or MedLoans?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pop

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

What do you recommend, THE or MedLoans?

From what I can tell they are about the same except THE offers 1.3% back during repayment and MedLoans offers 1.75% back during repayment. Although if you miss one payment with MedLoans then you are knocked back down to .75%. Any suggestions?

Thank you!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Why THE? Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
They don't automatically disqualify you for their repayment incentives if you make a late payment.

Thank you for moving this thread so I can now get zero replies. So anyone who visits here have a suggestion? THE or MedLoans?

Thanks

THE people are helpful, knowledgable, and you can be confident that if you have yourself together once you get to repayment, you WILL get the benefits (even if you are late one or two times) I hope to work with them in the future.

MEDLOANS is Sallie Mae's special little program for med students, their people are not helpful, bumbling and will give you conflicting and incorrect "advice" over the telephone. While they're at it, they will try to sell you a mortgage. If you miss ANY payments (let's say while you're setting up a new bank acct, moving, etc) you lose the loan benefits forever. I hate them, and hope to dump them at the end of my deferral period.

When I crunched the #'s, THE ended up saving me $$ in the end (assuming I actually got all the MEDLOANS benefits, which who really knows..) You have to look at the numbers for your own situation, however.

This is a really dumb question, but it's impossible to search the internet for such a common keyword as "THE". What is the web link to their company site?