~~~the PERSIAN VERSION ~~~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Edit

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
edit

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
yoooo...persian version...LOOOL...my friends call me that all the time...im persian here...trying to apply to all the east side schools!!...so i guess there are only 3 of us out there in the dental field...LOL

I know many persian friends in my state(VA) who want to apply to VCU.

Joonkimdds

I randomly came across this thread....great title, ha ha!

I'm persian and going to UoP!!:D

yeah It's a great title!
btw, I'm Persian and I'm going to UoP as well!!!!
And I guess most of the Persians either go to schools in California or in Boston. I know a lot of them in Boston.

im tryina get into cali schools

my ex-girlfriend is Persian and i miss her :(

lol it is totally unrelated to the original post but I just want to vent.

I'm persian and im trying to get out of cali and go to east coast...applying to all NY schools, Boston and UOP.

I love how a persian girl felt like telling everyone how they all ROCKKKKKK...lol
NEways, not that they don't rock on anything... we love em.
Persian guy here applying to 12 schools. Hopefully cali or az will take me.
taking test mid july. any ideas don't hold back...

-A

Members don't see this ad :)
Edit

Last edited:
im iranian too guys. but im in highschool. my dad is a dentist tho

From what I've heard is that Persians make up about ten percent of every dental school on average.

I'm trying to get into ASDOH. I know of a couple other Persians who have already been accepted there.

From what I've heard is that Persians make up about ten percent of every dental school on average.

I'm trying to get into ASDOH. I know of a couple other Persians who have already been accepted there.

ten percent is a lot ! but that is ok :). I am applying to ASDOH too. But I am in Texas. my piroty are Texas schools first.
hopefuly we are going to be part of 10% you were talking about :D

Bump this up. ;-)

I'm Persian, still doing undergrad, but I'm definitely planning on attending UoP!

i am persian & probably the only persian who will get rejected...

haha please stop calling ourselves Persian, we're Iranian we aren't living back in the old days

haha please stop calling ourselves Persian, we're Iranian we aren't living back in the old days

Me? No....I'm Persian...Like the cat! Meow...
-Maz Jobrani

Persian gangster? First off, anyone that ever admits they're a gangster is a poser. Real OG's keep their mouths shut.

Its cause persian girls rock! :D

Not to get racy here, but i actually think that persians lack manners. I had several of them in my college and they all formed cliques and tried cheating of everyone else, yet they never gave anyone answers. The were rude and bad mannered. So i really hope that either you all are not like them or that you dont go to the same school as me.

This thread is so gonna get closed soon.

Not to get racy here, but i actually think that persians lack manners. I had several of them in my college and they all formed cliques and tried cheating of everyone else, yet they never gave anyone answers. The were rude and bad mannered. So i really hope that either you all are not like them or that you dont go to the same school as me.

Where did you go to school? I know a persian who is doing extremely well at Tufts Dental. I also used to have a persian classmate who whined a lot. They are no different than anybody else.

Me? No....I'm Persian...Like the cat! Meow...
-Maz Jobrani

Persian gangster? First off, anyone that ever admits they're a gangster is a poser. Real OG's keep their mouths shut.

Im obviously not serious, lighten up

WOW....Thanks for being so narrow:rolleyes:Not to get racy here? Well here is the news: You did:thumbdown: First of, 35% of persians/Iraninans who live in this country are health care professionals. You can't tell me they ALL got into med-dent-pharm-nursing schools by cheating. Right?​

2nd-you said they never gave answers to anyone? How do you know? Where you trying to get an answer?

Well they should have told you that ALL persians are not cheaters, but they ALL are nationalist.:mad: Now back to pre-dental!!!

Klutzy, where are you from? I'm asking about your race. I can come up with a lot of sterotypes in my mind for you, if you just let me know. However, stereotyping is not something a wise man would do.

my gf is persian =p

Lol at klutzy. What a troll.

Persian here reppin UCD! Applying to Cali schools only.

I also know of a persian who is in faculty who is desperate to get a date. :p

LOL i apologize, i was just trying to get this thread closed and I was a little bored. Ive got nothing against anyone lol. Maybe it was just a poor judgment of my part, there are probably easier ways to get this thread closed.

Why would you want this thread closed?

Why would you want this thread closed?

Cuz im not very high on all the "this group thread that group threads". I dont thinkn it is relevant or important, how many people of a particular race are here. We are all the same regardless what race or anything. Why should it make a difference hom many oersians or orientals or hispanics or anything else there are. Who cares.

Cuz im not very high on all the "this group thread that group threads". I dont thinkn it is relevant or important, how many people of a particular race are here. We are all the same regardless what race or anything. Why should it make a difference hom many oersians or orientals or hispanics or anything else there are. Who cares.

You do make a good point as far as everyone is the same and all, but not everything has to be serious on sdn, I personally think forums that allow people to find others with similar backgrounds refreshing. A better approach would be to ignore the thread if you feel that way.

nice title. hope to see u all at NYU next year;)

Dear Fellow Persians,
It's always nice to see lots of motivated pre-dental Persians here, keep on the good job. Actually I have a question and would appreciate if you can answer me.
I'm applying form Canada (Not a US citizen) and I will be taking my DAT for Oct 20th.
Does it even worth to fill out any application for this cycle or should I apply for the next cycle?
Honours cell & molecular biology (graduated may 08)
GPA: 3.71 science GPA: 3.83
MCAT: bio 10 phy 10 ver 5 writing M
DAT: to be taken OCT 20th
Schools I would like to apply: NYU, Boston, tufts, Howard, USC (though very expensive!!), buffalo, michigan, conniticut
I also would appreciate if anybody post which schools tend to take Canadians.

Dear Fellow Persians,
It's always nice to see lots of motivated pre-dental Persians here, keep on the good job. Actually I have a question and would appreciate if you can answer me.
I'm applying form Canada (Not a US citizen) and I will be taking my DAT for Oct 20th.
Does it even worth to fill out any application for this cycle or should I apply for the next cycle?
Honours cell & molecular biology (graduated may 08)
GPA: 3.71 science GPA: 3.83
MCAT: bio 10 phy 10 ver 5 writing M
DAT: to be taken OCT 20th
Schools I would like to apply: NYU, Boston, tufts, Howard, USC (though very expensive!!), buffalo, michigan, conniticut
I also would appreciate if anybody post which schools tend to take Canadians.

You are going to get some serious grief as to why you took your MCAT. The dental schools are going to think that you do not really want to be a dentistand it is like a backup option for you. That is not good. I wouldnt mention the MCAT anywhere on your application. If your applicatiopn is already in then just do well on your DAT and you should be fine. If your app is not in yet, then youd better get it in quick cuz by the time you intervies almost all seats will be filled.

Thanks Klutzy for the quick reply,
I haven't sent my apps yet. I would like first to see my DAT score before sending my apps since I'm a bit worried about the RC section which is why my MCAT score is low when I took it last summer. This way, I would save money and can estimate my chances before sending the apps. Is it too late to send the apps by the end of October/early November.
What are the chances for the 2nd round of interviews?

This thread is kind of old, but does anyone know if there are any persians at UMDNJ? I know there's a relatively high concentration in New York City...but this is Newark. If anyone has any info, please let me know! :confused:

This thread is kind of old, but does anyone know if there are any persians at UMDNJ? I know there's a relatively high concentration in New York City...but this is Newark. If anyone has any info, please let me know! :confused:

akhayyyyyyyyyyyyyy. no vorry honey joon. ve come visit u if u get Tanhaa...

Goodz luck

I already have my rejection letter from UMDNJ.:laugh: but for sure you can find persians over there. If you can not be in California ,New York is place to be. lol

I already have my rejection letter from UMDNJ.:laugh: but for sure you can find persians over there. If you can not be in California ,New York is place to be. lol

yo danny. damn man. whats the word? any luck with any schools man?

yo danny. damn man. whats the word? any luck with any schools man?

montazere San Antonio hastam. hafteh bad maloom mishe. reading o ter zadam. majboor shodam retake konam(Dec 16) mitooni too signaturam bekhooni. OHSU ham too review hastam :xf:

Thanks Klutzy for the quick reply,
I haven't sent my apps yet. I would like first to see my DAT score before sending my apps since I'm a bit worried about the RC section which is why my MCAT score is low when I took it last summer. This way, I would save money and can estimate my chances before sending the apps. Is it too late to send the apps by the end of October/early November.
What are the chances for the 2nd round of interviews?

I'm not iranian so i dont even know why I opened this post to begin with .. i think to see if any racist comments pop up whcih they tend to..for one I agree with klutzy...there shouldnt be these kinds of posts on SDN..they arent useful..wherever you go you'll find people of many cultures try to spread your roots and learn about others...and since I'll probbaly get bashed for this i will now respond to Peter...you took MCATS nad then you planned to be a dentist so NOW you're planning on doing DATs b.c you didnt do well on some of the MCATs. sectons..bad call...because you're going to hate your life seeing as how your first choice wasnt to become a dentist at all..but good luck anyway..

persian girls are hottt