The Pre-Allo Optimist/Pessimist Poll!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I am...

• Total voters

GoSpursGo

SDN Chief Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It really is as simple as the title :)

Me? As almost anyone who follows my posts could tell, I'm an optimist:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

I might be more of straight shooting realist... but pretty far from a pessimist.

Members don't see this ad :)
i think i'm a delusional optimist haha. what's that cheesy line ... nothing is impossible

I think anybody who knows me on here knows that I am an extremely optimistic person.

When it comes to others, I'm an optimist.

I think there's a fine line between pessimism and realism...

I've always expected the worst. Some people think I'm cynical, but I like to think I'm extra cautious.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a pessimist when I have some control over the outcome because it motivates me to work hard. I am an optimist when something is out of my hands.

I'm a pessimist when I have some control over the outcome because it motivates me to work hard. I am an optimist when something is out of my hands.
Ha! I'm the exact opposite! Pessimist when something is out of my hands, and optimist when I have control over something. I'm the if you want something done right you have to do it yourself, type of guy. :p

I think there's a fine line between pessimism and realism...

I've always expected the worst. Some people think I'm cynical, but I like to think I'm extra cautious.

I agree a lot with this. Sometimes I feel that people take harsh realism to be analogous to pessimism.

Ha! I'm the exact opposite! Pessimist when something is out of my hands, and optimist when I have control over something. I'm the if you want something done right you have to do it yourself, type of guy. :p

Exactly! Anything can happen when I'm in charge of it, however when someone else is doing something I start to freak out.

I think I'm a cynical optimistic realist.

wow the pessimists are winning? thats surprising. whats the point of being pessimistic? thats no fun!

I am known to fool myself into being both. Example:

I was super pessimistic about my MCAT after I took it (2nd time). And the score turned out awesome.

I was optimistic about the application process after I got my MCAT score. With only 1 interview, 3 rejections, and 12 'awaiting responses', it seems my optimism was foolish. So now I am back to pessimistic.

(I voted pessimist...)

Last edited:
The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease.
-Voltaire

Pessimists unite! ;)